Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 12:41 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,959,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Yeah i did have Monday off for MLK, but.......working with 150 hormonal 7th graders is exhausting NO MATTER WHAT!!

LOL - Kudos!

We are having another fend for yourself night. My daughter has yet another game! This time I won't be home till 9 or so. Then I'll probably make myself some mac n cheese - but - we got the wii last night so I'll be able to work it off!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
LOL - Kudos!

We are having another fend for yourself night. My daughter has yet another game! This time I won't be home till 9 or so. Then I'll probably make myself some mac n cheese - but - we got the wii last night so I'll be able to work it off!

Do tell -- where the heck did you get the Wii??? I have been looking all over Denver area for it -- I want to get it for my BF for his bday

Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Well after months of complaining to my mother that I (not my kids) want one in the worst way she called me up the other day and rubbed in my face that she got one! PFFFFT

So I picked up the phone called Target, Walmart and then Game Stop - the girl said "we just got a delivery 15 minutes ago" I was so shocked I didn't even know what to say - I mean I knew I wanted it - but not spending that kind of money on that game was a lot easier when there weren't any available....any way ....she said I sounded so happy she agreed to hold one for me until I got off work!

You could try Craigslist...but they are seriously marking them up

Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Well after months of complaining to my mother that I (not my kids) want one in the worst way she called me up the other day and rubbed in my face that she got one! PFFFFT

So I picked up the phone called Target, Walmart and then Game Stop - the girl said "we just got a delivery 15 minutes ago" I was so shocked I didn't even know what to say - I mean I knew I wanted it - but not spending that kind of money on that game was a lot easier when there weren't any available....any way ....she said I sounded so happy she agreed to hold one for me until I got off work!

You could try Craigslist...but they are seriously marking them up
I know...that is what i want to avoid I wonder if we have a Game Stop here....never heard of it....

I love playing! My nieces and nephews have them and I had a blast over the holidays playing guitar hero and singing and playing sports...

Okay folks, sorry to be off topic. Back to food!!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Walmart, Target, Electronics Boutique (AKA Game Stop), Toys R Us, Kmart - they all get them...its just about getting lucky when they get them in.

Good luck and .........

Now - back to food!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:58 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
After what you go thru Highlands-have a few glasses and relax.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:56 PM

690 posts, read 2,630,586 times
Quote:
Now - back to food!
LOL!

So, there's this place around the corner from my job that is famous city-wide for their pies. We're talking - people line up at 4 AM the week of Thanksgiving to get pies from this place because they sell them fresh, daily, and you have to show up early to get what you want.

They've just started selling Boston Cream Pie and my coworker needs a fix, so she goes around the corner and gets one. I decide to hell with it, I'm cheating and having a piece....until we cut into it and all it consisted of was yellow cake and whipped cream on top! HELLO! Where's the chocolate?!??! Boy, was I sad.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
LOL!

So, there's this place around the corner from my job that is famous city-wide for their pies. We're talking - people line up at 4 AM the week of Thanksgiving to get pies from this place because they sell them fresh, daily, and you have to show up early to get what you want.

They've just started selling Boston Cream Pie and my coworker needs a fix, so she goes around the corner and gets one. I decide to hell with it, I'm cheating and having a piece....until we cut into it and all it consisted of was yellow cake and whipped cream on top! HELLO! Where's the chocolate?!??! Boy, was I sad.

What a bummer! Boston Creme Pie is the best!!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:08 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Being from BOSTON...that is a sin! lol

Old 01-25-2008, 04:15 PM

690 posts, read 2,630,586 times
Exactly! I knew y'all would understand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink