Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
The point is all of the die hard WF shoppers have refused to admit
they could possibly ever be overcharged, lol
Big difference.
I was in Aldi about a year ago, ran into get something minor,
but as I rushed through the aisle I came across a product that I just saw at WF; identical brand/product.
The price was jacked up by WF 3 times what Aldi was charging
What was the item?

I've compared organic produce at WF with organic produce elsewhere (Alberson's, Safeway, Smith's, etc.), and WF prices are the same. Organic produce is just more expensive, that's all there is to it. It's in non-organic that you'll see a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times
I think some of the problems with tare weights not being properly set/used is because high-end places like WF (and some other chains) have so many different containers to keep track of. If they would instead streamline the process by having the same types of containers used store-wide, the cashiers would know the tares more readily.

I do think that a place like WF can get away with overcharging on tares, etc. since the shoppers have already been beaten into submission via sticker shock. What's another 50 cents on that bag of nuts when your bag of three items costs $35?

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Whole Paycheck

Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 PM

291 posts, read 392,510 times
Everywhere over and under charges. Check your receipts.

I hate Whole Foods because I love health food stores and Whole Foods all the things that health food advocates fought for a bad name, making it look like so much marketing at idiots. So irritating. Organic was meant to have a very specific meaning. For Whole Foods they want to blend that away to make it look like everything they sell is as well-overseen as organic.

But I'd be a fool to think that mistakes on receipts and price stickers etc. only happens there.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
To me there is a big difference if a scale at check out is not correct resulting in over charging a customer and an item being priced higher then another store but in clear print. As a customer if you see an item is h priced higher then at a grocery store you have a choice to buy it or not.
I have had when an item is on sale but at check out it scans the non sale price which is annoying. Here in MI if that happens they also have to pay you up to 5 dollars plus the sale price as a fine. I know in other states it is not the case.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:14 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Good grief.

It's a grocery store.

Who cares where OTHER people CHOOSE to shop and how much they CHOOSE to pay? Are they asking to borrow money from you to support their Whole Foods addiction?

A lot of people have this "my way is the only way" mentality and it seems to be getting worse. Anyone who does something different, even if those people aren't bothering anyone, deserve to be ridiculed and berated for their choices.

If people want to shop at Whole Foods, cool. If people want to shop at Aldi, cool. Just do your own thing and let everyone else do theirs.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Whole Paycheck
So clever. No one's ever heard that one before.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think most people who shop there already know their products are way more expensive than other stores but just don't care. Now it seems there was some misrepresentation as well. Will you stop shopping there now?

Whole Foods Overcharged Customers, Investigation Finds

Whole Foods has always been overpriced and overrated. I remember when they bought out Wild Oats which was an awesome store and then immediately jacked up the prices while the product quality went way down. Most of the stuff in their stores is overpriced and can be found for less at other places, the quality in general is overrated, other than the organic produce and their meat department, there's really not much that I can't find elsewhere without being charged an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Whole Foods threads are like the threads over on Education about how college degrees are useless pieces of paper, or the Wedding board where people boast about spend a total of $17 on the big day. For all the claims about what a bunch of snobs WF shoppers are, you only hear the put-downs go the other way.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:38 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
For some people I think mentally they feel better about shopping at Whole Foods and if they can afford to then it serves a purpose. If you are on a special diet there may be some items you can only get at WF. That being said you are seeing more organic and gluten free products in your regular grocery store which may be impacting WF sales though I don't know that for a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink