Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times

Advertisements

Oh, look. The top 3 in this list are from the west coast, and four of the top 6.

The 10 Best Cities for Your Skin - Skin Care Basics - Skin Care Tips - Skin & Beauty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM

669 posts, read 915,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Oh, look. The top 3 in this list are from the west coast, and four of the top 6.

The 10 Best Cities for Your Skin - Skin Care Basics - Skin Care Tips - Skin & Beauty
Ok, southern west coast had the worst. Feel better now?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Ok, southern west coast had the worst. Feel better now?
Never felt bad, thanks.

I was just trying to point out what a ridiculous thing that list was to point to as "proving" one coast was better than the other. Considering the "best" cities in that website's opinion were also on the west coast. Kind of negates the "worst" cities, doesn't it?

Old 01-10-2014, 03:14 PM

669 posts, read 915,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Never felt bad, thanks.

I was just trying to point out what a ridiculous thing that list was to point to as "proving" one coast was better than the other. Considering the "best" cities in that website's opinion were also on the west coast. Kind of negates the "worst" cities, doesn't it?
It was never about "proving one coast was better" than the other one. It was about pointing out to some particular posters going on about skin care about how things actually were. I would never decide what coast is better than the other over best skin condition cities lol.

All that sounds awfully emotional for someone that never felt bad. It's not an opinion piece btw it's a study.

Last edited by yyuusr; 01-10-2014 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,503 times
It's tied lol.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
It's tied lol.
It's been tied for days, possibly even weeks. There hasn't been a huge gap in a while.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:11 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
I have also found west coast people to be far less intellectual and too slow. My aunt moved up here to CT three years ago with her husband who was born and raised on the west coast. He doesn't fit into New England at ALL. Having a conversation with him is just plain weird. It's like he's not entirely focused or something. I know, it's not right to use one person as an example, but I'm just speaking from experience. West coast people seem to be more relaxed, almost like they're high all the time. East coast people seem more intellectual, witty, fast paced and sharp minded. If they say something, they really mean it. And they're not afraid to be blatant and frank about things, especially in the Northeast. The Southeast is more subdued, however.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I have also found west coast people to be far less intellectual and too slow. My aunt moved up here to CT three years ago with her husband who was born and raised on the west coast. He doesn't fit into New England at ALL. Having a conversation with him is just plain weird. It's like he's not entirely focused or something. I know, it's not right to use one person as an example, but I'm just speaking from experience. West coast people seem to be more relaxed, almost like they're high all the time. East coast people seem more intellectual, witty, fast paced and sharp minded. If they say something, they really mean it. And they're not afraid to be blatant and frank about things, especially in the Northeast. The Southeast is more subdued, however.
Ohh yeah, yous people up there are SO smart and witty!!
Don't forget odor free...

Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Ohh yeah, yous people up there are SO smart and witty!!
Don't forget odor free...
They seem to think being neurotic and uptight equates to being fast paced and intellectual lol.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:09 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,562,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They seem to think being neurotic and uptight equates to being fast paced and intellectual lol.
Don't confuse activity with achievement.

-John Wooden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.