Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 02:22 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA All Day View Post
I should've said that I don't care much for rural areas anywhere, but you have to admit that the rural parts of the midwest probably aren't going to be as scenic as elsewhere.
I'll say that Wisconsin is a beautiful state...the entire eastern border is water, and it's full of beautiful hills and forests. It's more beautiful than some states outside the Midwest, or at least parts of them. Every state has some boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 02:31 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,731,504 times
Wow, this thread escalated.

I've live in WI. It certainly has some hidden gems. But advertising yourself as the "Dairy State" isn't doing the state any favors as far as cross over appeal. People will still consider it all farmland.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Wow, this thread escalated.

I've live in WI. It certainly has some hidden gems. But advertising yourself as the "Dairy State" isn't doing the state any favors as far as cross over appeal. People will still consider it all farmland.
California is actually the number one dairy state. If you live in Wisconsin, you know it's not all farmland.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:38 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,731,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
California is actually the number one dairy state. If you live in Wisconsin, you know it's not all farmland.
You missed my point, WI advertises itself as the Dairy State. That kind of "marketing" in itself paints them in a corner. Now people who have never been to WI think that's all they are about whether it's true or not.

Just like how everybody thinks everyone in CO skis.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,385 times
This thread kind of confirms that our educational system is a horrific failure in terms of getting kids interested in American geography, creating ignorant adults who know absolutely nothing about the natural features of the country.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
This thread kind of confirms that our educational system is a horrific failure in terms of getting kids interested in American geography, creating ignorant adults who know absolutely nothing about the natural features of the country.
True. I think it's funny how they boast about how they don't have to live in the Midwest, but they don't know how narrow-minded they sound.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:24 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,972 times
WoR is a 2-bit troll. Don't feed him.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:43 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
WoR is a 2-bit troll. Don't feed him.
I wouldn't give a plug-nickel

Old 04-29-2016, 01:39 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,885,526 times
Quote:
LOL life is too short to live in the midwest. I never met anyone who aspires to live there.
And what's so special about the coast that you can't get in the Midwest? Palm trees? ohhh whoop de do!
Quote:
I think real estate prices confirm this. I can't think of any other reason why someone would want to live in Ohio or Oklahoma other than the fact that it's dirt cheap compared to most of the East/West coast.
Why does everyone and their mother on CD think that a high COL or low COL determines rather a place is desirable or not? Do you want to compare the east coast to the sunbelt? Atlanta, Arizona, Texas, and NC have a lower COL than many major cities in the Midwest let alone east coast yet they are killing the east coast in population growth.
Quote:
LA county has more people than every midwest state but Illinois.
And Ohio, and barely above Michigan.
Quote:
Midwest states have low population because hardly anyone wants to live there. Half the people that do live there do so for family reasons. The rest are stuck.
The Midwest has 3 states in the top 10 largest states (all in the Great Lakes region)
The west coast has 1 and the east coast has 2, the other 4 are in the south. The great lakes region of the Midwest has just as many states in the top 10 population as BOTH of the coastal regions COMBINED.

As for you thinking everyone or even most of the people (66 million people) are all stuck in the Midwest because of family reasons or some other nonsense... come on. I'm not even going to respond to that.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:44 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Agreed. The ignorance among some posting in this thread would be amusing if it weren't so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.