Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 09:54 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,160,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
I am offended we as Georgians have been handed two awful candidates. One that can't get out of his own way with all the religious nonsense and the other who we are told can't balance her own checkbook but when you dig deeper she is a privileged millionaire who would destroy the business culture in this state faster than it took Nathan Deal (who is really more of a moderate than given credit for) to build it.

In a perfect world we could elect a clone of Deal. Fact is the last two republican governors (Perdue and Deal) we have had have been very good for business and economics in Georgia. Whatever faults they may have (and there are several) that can't be disputed.
I really don't care what you think about the personal statuses of both candidates. I care how much they follow the law and the Constitution. And it is very likely that Kemp has violated both.

Quote:
- Kemp’s exact match system supposedly targets black voters
- There was a giant batch of black voters submitted without proper paperwork. This is an issue that hasn’t happened for other races or methods of submitting registrations.
- Turns out canvassers that signed these people up weren’t trained how to fill out the paperwork
- The canvassers worked for The New Georgia Project
- Who founded The New Georgia Project? Stacey Abrams

Explain this to me. How is this not unethical and corrupt not to mention a conflict of interest?
Holy ****, you're not even trying to masquerade your contempt for voting rights now. Literally not even trying. For your information, there is not a single thing unconstitutional about trying to legally register more voters. Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 06:59 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Trump has simply not crashed the economy that Obama built from Bush's Great Recession... yet.

Going back to the 80s, every GOP president has presided over the start of at least one recession. Yet not a single one has started under a Dem prez in that time. Unless he is impeached soon, I do not expect Trump to break that trend.

Gov Deal has been good, but in general the GOP has gone too far right cannot manage an economy well. They have gone too deep into the crony capitalism handouts. They are focused on getting their buddies special deals while everyone else flat-lines.

Kemp is geared up to polarize & distract businesses in the state with political games and destroy the prosperous relationship between Atlanta and the state. Meanwhile Abrams will strengthen the bond between the state and its economic engine: Relations between state, Atlanta will change with new Georgia governor

Old 10-16-2018, 07:09 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Trump has simply not crashed the economy that Obama built from Bush's Great Recession... yet.

Going back to the 80s, every GOP president has presided over the start of at least one recession. Yet not a single one has started under a Dem prez in that time. Unless he is impeached soon, I do not expect Trump to break that trend.

Gov Deal has been good, but in general the GOP has gone too far right cannot manage an economy well. They have gone too deep into the crony capitalism handouts. They are focused on getting their buddies special deals while everyone else flat-lines.

Kemp is geared up to polarize & distract businesses in the state with political games and destroy the prosperous relationship between Atlanta and the state. Meanwhile Abrams will strengthen the bond between the state and its economic engine: Relations between state, Atlanta will change with new Georgia governor

So Abrams who can't even balance her own checkbook and can't pay her taxes and runs most of her income through 'non profits' she oversees (to avoid more tax burden than she already has) is going to be the economic savior of Georgia? Seriously?

Perdue and now Deal have been excellent for Georgia's economy. But Abrams will be even better?

How does any sane person even believe this with the information we have?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:

What specific economic policies did Obama make? Lets hear them.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,361,803 times
Quote:
So Abrams who can't even balance her own checkbook and can't pay her taxes and runs most of her income through 'non profits' she oversees (to avoid more tax burden than she already has) is going to be the economic savior of Georgia? Seriously?
Abrams has explained her financial issues, with a lot of it going back to helping support her parents through their hurricane losses (since you know insurance will mostly just kick you to the curb). It's not simply that she can't balance her checkbook (and seriously...who still balances their checkbook??).

Quote:
Perdue and now Deal have been excellent for Georgia's economy. But Abrams will be even better?
Uhhh...I don't think anyone has said that. If Deal were running, I might actually vote for him, even though I rarely vote Republican. But Kemp is just a bottom-feeding cretin of hard-line, far-right conservative quackery that does not appeal to me in the slightest and I believe will NOT be good for this state at all.

Quote:
How does any sane person even believe this with the information we have?
They don't. You're quoting made-up information that no one has supported and asking why people believe it. I don't think Abrams will be better than Deal, but I believe Kemp will be FAR worse. How does that settle with you?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:21 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times
Quote:
What specific economic policies did Obama make? Lets hear them.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, tax rebates, extending unemployment benefits, stabilizing the US Auto Industry to name a few.

Not that that will be enough for you. But that is not the point of this thread. History has shown that in basically my whole life GOP has been crashing economies and Dems have been restoring them. Trump is sky rocketing the debt during this prosperous time way more than Obama did even when he was pulling us out of the great recession.

More relevant is the governors' relationship with the economic engine of the state, Atlanta. And Kemp is already picking fights. I have voted for Deal before and like Sam, Deal may have had my vote this time too. But Kemp is just too radical for this state.

And Abrams student loans are far less of an issue than Kemp's businesses' half a million in debt.

If there was a solid libertarian candidate in the running I would consider them.

But GOP simply cannot be trusted with an economy.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, tax rebates, extending unemployment benefits, stabilizing the US Auto Industry to name a few.

Not that that will be enough for you. Still, that is not the point of this thread. History has shown that in basically my whole life GOP has been crashing economies and Dems have been restoring them. Trump is sky rocketing the debt during this prosperous time way more than Obama did even when he was pulling us out of the great recession.

Abrams student loans are far less of an issue than Kemp's businesses half a million in debt.

If there was a solid libertarian candidate in the running I would consider them.

But GOP simply cannot be trusted with an economy.

We already covered this. Those are government policies based on government spending. What changes did he make to stimulate the economy that didn't involve government spending/handouts/bailouts? That was the question. For whatever reason Obama didn’t want to create economic policy that wasn’t government based spending. What you posted literally any President can do with the stroke of a pen.

Speaking of tax loopholes and fraud what are your thoughts on politicians who run their ‘income’ through multiple non profit organizations that they set up themselves that have zero oversight?

What you are accusing Kemp of 'going to do' Abrams is already doing it and she doesn't even control the state credit card and checkbook yet. But she is going to be great for the economy? Abrams is already practicing cronyism with herself.

Kemp isn't the answer. But to act like Abrams is some savior is laughable. She is as bad or even worse. There is no reason to even change anything economically in Georgia. What we have been doing the last decade is already working. Would make me feel much more comfortable if one of these two would step up and say they won't change anything to do with Georgia's economy because as of right now there isn't a reason to.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
We already covered this. Those are government policies based on government spending. What changes did he make to stimulate the economy that didn't involve government spending/handouts/bailouts? That was the question. For whatever reason Obama didn’t want to create economic policy that wasn’t government based spending. What you posted literally any President can do with the stroke of a pen.

Speaking of tax loopholes and fraud what are your thoughts on politicians who run their ‘income’ through multiple non profit organizations that they set up themselves that have zero oversight?

What you are accusing Kemp of 'going to do' Abrams is already doing it and she doesn't even control the state credit card and checkbook yet. But she is going to be great for the economy? Abrams is already practicing cronyism with herself.

Kemp isn't the answer. But to act like Abrams is some savior is laughable. She is as bad or even worse. There is no reason to even change anything economically in Georgia. What we have been doing the last decade is already working. Would make me feel much more comfortable if one of these two would step up and say they won't change anything to do with Georgia's economy because as of right now there isn't a reason to.
So what do you suggest? You're spending an awful lot of time saying nothing, pretending to be against both candidates.

Quit wasting everyone's time and say something productive.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So what do you suggest? You're spending an awful lot of time saying nothing, pretending to be against both candidates.

Quit wasting everyone's time and say something productive.

Pretty sure I am one of the few people on here that is willing to look at both candidates and post their faults and not live in an echo chamber for one or the other. It isn't me you need to be asking that question to. This isn't much different than the last Presidential election where we were stuck with two bad candidates. Do you want me to lie? Pretend that Kemp is going to be some great Governor? Pretend that Abrams won't wreck the state economy with horrible unicorn policies that can't be financed? I guess what I am asking is do you want an eco chamber? Because if you do then I will just bow out and let you guys fawn all over the candidates and pretend that neither has any corruption (they both do) or faults (they both do)

Old 10-16-2018, 08:13 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,361,803 times
Quote:

No one has said Abrams is some economic savior. Why do you keep repeating this? Are you not comprehending the words in this thread or are you trolling everyone?

Abrams is not a savior. She may not even be that great for the economy, but she probably won't be terrible. What we're looking at is who is better for the people. And many, including myself, believe that Kemp will be terrible for people. In my opinion, I'd take a small economic hit to keep all this religious freedom buffoonery (aka legalized discrimination) out and the "guns everywhere" crowd at bay. Beyond that, I want to see someone who actually wants to improve our educational and healthcare systems, and who might push for better transit systems. I believe that Kemp would try to dismantle as much as possible from public services, and will fight tooth and nail to instill his religious beliefs into law, to the detriment of the LGBTQ crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia