Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 06:45 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
\

4. Require all prostitutes to be on the pill AND use a condom every time. Intentional misuse results in severe penalties.

5. Require STD tests at least TWICE weekly.

8. A minimum of say...30% of fees charged is taken away in taxes.
These are the only ones I have to take issue with.

Number 4, because some women are just not able to take hormonal birth control (I am one of those women); and to do so, would be dangerous. Birth control, yes, but not necessarily the pill or other hormonal types. (there are non hormonal BC forms, from tying tubes, to hystos, to non hormonal IUD's, as well as spermacide, diaphragm, barrier methods, etc...)

Number 5, once a week, yes; but twice a week is redundant, IMO.

Number 8, only if that was their tax bracket with the current tax code. A prostitute would be considered self employed and have to file their own taxes, and pay their own SS tax, in addition to filing additional paperwork (Sch C, etc..) IF they fell under a lower or higher bracket, then they should pay in that bracket.

Other than that, awesome!

I tend to listen to a very wise man on the topic of prostitution.

"why is selling something legal, and f**king is legal; yet selling f**king is against the law?"~George Carlin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,137,694 times
Sex is overerrated, but there are times when it is good to have. Therefore, the services of prostitutes should be readily available without any Government interference.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:59 AM

155 posts, read 283,015 times
There are alot of young girls younger than me who are being prostitutes
That is so not right and they should do something about that because not every one who is selling their bodies are grown
I mean, child predators are preying on these girls!!!
That is a BIG problem

Old 11-22-2009, 11:15 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,525 times
I see some people still feel that if the Gubment gets their cut, then prostitution is fine and dandy. Is it always about money? Or is there a right and wrong?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I tend to listen to a very wise man on the topic of prostitution.

"why is selling something legal, and f**king is legal; yet selling f**king is against the law?"~George Carlin
Umm... perhaps. Sure if a woman wants to be in that business, uncoerced fine.

But pimping should be definitely illegal. Whether through force or the leverage of addiction.

Put simply, if we as a society believe women have value, then we need to buck up and provide alternatives for likely victims of economics or addiction.

The acid test question is simple... do you want your mother, daughter, other woman in *your* family to be a prostitute???

<<<crickets>>>

Didn't think so.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 AM

then it follows, that if the gubment collects a tax on prostitution, they then become the "Pimp".--there is no difference.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

But if it's legal, doesn't that take the excitement out of it?

For most people its not about the excitement. It's about the sex. Some people have a hard time finding someone to fulfill their sexual needs or desires so they seek out a prostitute. Lets face it...Some people are just ugly and they know it. Nothing mean about it; it's just a fact.

And when someone is an adult, they should be able to sleep with another adult for whatever reason they choose.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:13 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Umm... perhaps. Sure if a woman wants to be in that business, uncoerced fine. .....

The acid test question is simple... do you want your mother, daughter, other woman in *your* family to be a prostitute???

<<<crickets>>>

Didn't think so.
What I want for my kids is unrelated to what they want.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:43 PM

I wouldn't want a member of my family to have to dig a ditch either. but sadly, everything is not up to me. But I don't have to worry about them being arrested if they do in fact dig one.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 PM

475 posts, read 1,643,908 times
Who really cares. It's been going on for a long time. It's not a big deal. Girls/pimps gotta make a living somehow.

What, ya want to pay em unemployement???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates