Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:28 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,765 times

Advertisements

My response was intended to address the desires for more chain type and big box stores and things of that nature in TR. Such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
... also like to see a New Ingels IN TR at the old Plant alao a Cracker Barrel would great IN TR at the old Ingels In TR I would like to see a Big lots a nice one also a Long Horns , White Castle, Firehouse Subs Sweet Fog , DQ , all In TR ...
When I say too quickly, I mean in regards to what Simpsonville has experienced, as an example. That town feels like a clogged up, cluttered mess to me, and I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to TR. No offense intended to anyone who lives in Simpsonville.

I guess you could call me a nimby in that respect (even though I no longer live there), but TR has a certain vibe, and as a gateway to the mountains, I wouldn't want to see it get spoiled by the same ole same ole that already exists in some form or fashion in other towns around Greenville.

If TR continues to grow, I'd simply prefer to see it's uniqueness grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 AM

27 posts, read 50,089 times
Easley needs a Cook Out and a true fine dining restaurant. An Olive Garden or Red Lobster would also be nice. Personally I miss the DQ. It felt like it was there for the summer and then disappeared.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Travelers rest has a really nice fairly new ingles past the GHS hospital. There's no need for another.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:51 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerowner4life View Post
Easley needs a Cook Out and a true fine dining restaurant. An Olive Garden or Red Lobster would also be nice. Personally I miss the DQ. It felt like it was there for the summer and then disappeared.
Dairy Queen opened several Grill & Chill locations in Anderson, Easley, Greer and Spartanburg. Anderson and Easley were fly-by-night stores. I hope the Greenville location on West Blue Ridge Drive reopens soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Travelers rest has a really nice fairly new ingles past the GHS hospital. There's no need for another.
Ingle's store 206 on Geer Highway opened in 1996. It is not that new anymore. The location was designed to serve customers in Marietta, Slater, Pumpkintown and Dacusville.

Ingle's store 40 on State Park Road closed in 2002. Ingle's owns the retail center. There have been rumors of building a new store in the general location, like the former M-Tex site. I would not be surprised to see a new Ingle's directly compete with Walmart and Bi-Lo nearby.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingle's store 206 on Geer Highway opened in 1996. It is not that new anymore. The location was designed to serve customers in Marietta, Slater, Pumpkintown and Dacusville.
I had no idea this Ingles location is almost 20 years old - it looks like it opened just a few years ago - is it a completely new site or a renovated location?

This store is the last major grocer before you get to the mountains and cross into North Carolina - we've stopped at this Ingles a couple of times for needed items we forgot in Greenville.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,762 times
A New Ingels would Great at the old M-Tex site in TR with a Cracker Barrel next to it also a Long Horns next to Walmart IN TR also a DQ White Castle FireHouse Subs Ihop Old Fashion Candy store would be nice for TR. At CherryDale a Quick trip would be nice next to Home Depot and a Captin D's next to the Quick trip also next to the GT Express I would like to see a Ben and Jerry's ice cream also a 3rd Chills would great for CherryDale , also a Hampton INN at GSP with a Work out room a StarBucks Local Cafe Indoor pool free WFI , VIP Park next to that i would like to see a QuickTrip and a across form that a Ihop also next to the new Bass Pro Shops I would like to see a SAMS Club, Jim&Nicks BQQ Texas Road House , Days INN, Nike Golf Store , A Ingels, StarBucks , Popcorn Shop, Best Buy, also a Olive Garden would great for Easley SC a
also a PopEyes ,Whte Castle , Old Fashion Candy store , A Targert would be all great for that area. The Old Wendy's on Haywood RD i would like to see a FireHouse Subs, at the old Arby's tear it down and put a DQ there At the old Steve and Berry's i would like to see a Ingels at the old TJ Max i would like to see a Nike Golf Store, at the old Golf store behind the Haywood Mall I would like to see a Famoua Footwear also a , Sagebush next to the Haywood Mall also a bookstore needs to go back in the Haywood Mall also at 500 Congree RD i would like to see a Eggs Up on the Grill the land pass Jo Ann's i would like to see a small Publix also hotdog carts for Downtown Greenville , at the old Kamrt in Berea SC I would like to see a Publix tear down Winn Dixe and put a nice pizza hut also a Chills , FireHouse Subs , Targert ,Ben and Jerry's A New DQ would all great for that area also a Ingels near GSP also a City BQQ at Pelham Rd would great as well

Old 05-27-2014, 02:04 PM

632 posts, read 748,693 times
Welcome back ATL... Looks like you needed to post rather badly...LOL

Old 05-27-2014, 03:15 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Glad to see the ATL Fan has returned. A whole lot of great ideas there too. I would like to see many of those business concepts; however they would have to be spread out across the greater Greenville area. As TR is too tiny to support them all. And you want it to remain with the small town atmosphere. Or it will develop into suburban sprawl and become another Simpsonville. But I agree wit the Popeyes and the Captn. D's, as there are currently none in the area.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,762 times
Thanks everybody gald to be back Greenville SC is growing also Near GSP , a Bob Evans at GSP also the Family Dollar is closing down IN TR next to the BILO when it close down I wood like to see a Petco also a ALDIS would be great for TR next to the Auto Zone near the Walmart there also a QuickTrip would be great for TR as well

Old 05-27-2014, 08:08 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Default Ingle's Markets Store 206; Family Dollar Store 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I had no idea this Ingles location is almost 20 years old - it looks like it opened just a few years ago - is it a completely new site or a renovated location?

This store is the last major grocer before you get to the mountains and cross into North Carolina - we've stopped at this Ingles a couple of times for needed items we forgot in Greenville.
Ingle's Markets store 206 was a completely new store site in 1996. Its recent capital investments in recent years were the addition of the fuel center and pharmacy. The store has undergone redecorating and aisles split. Vestibules have not been added yet to either entrance or exit. All new Ingle's stores have them. Older stores in this design are slowly getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Thanks everybody gald to be back Greenville SC is growing also Near GSP , a Bob Evans at GSP also the Family Dollar is closing down IN TR next to the BILO when it close down I wood like to see a Petco also a ALDIS would be great for TR next to the Auto Zone near the Walmart there also a QuickTrip would be great for TR as well
I do not understand the logic of Family Dollar store 32 (148 Walnut Lane #13, Travelers Rest, SC 29690-1600) closing. Older locations like stores 130 (1900 Old Buncombe Road Suite 1, Greenville, SC 29609-4368) and 1527 (Foothills Plaza, 2111 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC 29609-3141) should close when newer stores 8954 (1605 West Blue Ridge Drive, Greenville, SC 29611-2909) and 8617 (1706 Poinsett Highway, Greenville, SC 29609-3543) are nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area