Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 02:38 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
I have heard from multiple sources that the Gville Trader Joe's is barely hitting corporate sales goals. I seriously doubt that they would ever consider diluting the market by adding a second store locally.
I agree that we probably won't see another store, but I also agree that having one on the other side of town would be a good thing and wouldn't be dilluting their market any. Most people that live on the west side of town don't travel all the way to the east side for groceries, waste of time and money. I used to like going there but I won't put myself through the woodruff rd traffic and it's a good 30 minutes from my house besides. I think they are poorly located, really hard to get in and out of that plaza in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 09:41 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,762 times
How about Casey Genteal store at Berea Shops with the same things inside and the same stores

Old 12-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Also in Powersville SC there is empty land before you get to the Welcome to Powersville SC sign at the , empty land I would like to see , Powersville Shops with a , Kogers with , free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , nice family restroom , Starbucks , small lawn and Garden area , free mints , TD Bank , weather center , frist aid center , wood grain floors , chicken and waffle bar , nice breaches inside and out , areas to clean your shoes , SC local cafe , other stores at the shops , Blue cafe , Joe's Jeans Oulet , Green's cafe , Ken's Chicken and fish , Hat world , Pie cafe , Gardy's outdoors , Bob's Clother store , Todd's cafe , Will's shoe store , Conn's home Plues , AC and Moore , Lou BBQ , StoneWall Pizza Shop , Bed bath and Beyond , world market , Charter store , TJ max's , Old Navy , Mad river cafe , Rainbow Sandles store , Golf Smith , Nike Flag Ship store , Burt Bess store , Sub Zero store , Austin Boot store , Clark's shoes Oulet , Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop , Mike's Bike shop , Taco Boy , Aisa Express , Bye Bye Baby , Norstrom Rack , Habbits Sports , PAC Sun Oulet , Boss Subs , Black And Decker Store , Puma store , Backward BBQ restaurant , Paul's dinner , HM Oulet , Nauita store , Pet Smart AT&T store , Sprint Phone store , Master Cuts , Great Clips , UPS store , Bad Daddy's , Appline SKI Center , Wool store , Family Christian book store , Totes store , Harbor Fright , Play Again Sports , DSW , NBA Oulet , Dress Barn ,Lakes Cafe , Barnes and Nobles , NorthFace store , Tiffany and Comapy , Gucci store , Off Bored Way shoes , Jelly Belly store , Legos Store , Pro Wreslting gift shop , Kitchen aid store , Home good store , Addias flag ship store , Timex watch store , Tiger shoe store , Sleep number store , Clemson gift shop , Skins hotdogs , BMW Gift shop , Hanes Oulet , Southern Mersh store , Gold tone store , Furman gift shop , Blocks Bagles , Ritas ice , then one side , a Haveyts then on the side a , PopEyes Chicken , then in the middle of shops nice breaches , water fountain , then next to the shops , a , Bob Evans

Old 12-28-2016, 08:39 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
I would like to see Publix, Kroger Marketplace, or Harris Teeter come to Powdersville.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would like to see Publix, Kroger Marketplace, or Harris Teeter come to Powdersville.
It looks like Kroger is focused on returning the Harris Teeter brand to the Upstate, rather than developing the Kroger flagship brand. Although a Kroger Marketplace would be a nice alternative to Walmart Supercenter. I wonder if the new Columbia area location is meeting expectations?

Old 12-29-2016, 06:32 PM

94 posts, read 111,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I think you will definitely see a Publix in Powdersville sooner than later. They are really focused on growth right now and that seems to be a prime spot for a new one. They are opening more than thirty stores in the next year

Old 12-30-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
It looks like Kroger is focused on returning the Harris Teeter brand to the Upstate, rather than developing the Kroger flagship brand. Although a Kroger Marketplace would be a nice alternative to Walmart Supercenter. I wonder if the new Columbia area location is meeting expectations?
Kroger's Kroger Atlanta Division is active in constructing South Carolina's second Kroger Marketplace hypermarket in Bluffton. Three additional Kroger Marketplace stores are planned in Richland and Lexington counties.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
I think you will definitely see a Publix in Powdersville sooner than later. They are really focused on growth right now and that seems to be a prime spot for a new one. They are opening more than thirty stores in the next year
Publix is opening at least 55 new stores through 2018. That number consists of two replacement stores and 53 additional stores including the ten Martin's stores and two other announced stores in Virginia.

Publix currently has 1,135 stores. Fifty-seven stores are in South Carolina with six in the Jacksonville Division and 51 in the Charlotte Division.

I project Publix to further expand into South Carolina. There are many localities where it has not entered yet or could use additional stores. Powdersville is one of them.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
The Upstate Publix stores used to be part of the Atlanta Division. But I believe both Upstate and Charlotte stores are still served by the Georgia distribution center.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:20 PM

Kogers and my idea for Powerseville SC would be great then Pidemont SC i would like to see Pidemont Shops with a Pulbix with free WFI , SKY lights , weather center , frist aid center , nice restrooms , nice family bathroom room , free mints , SC local meat area , wood grain floors , nice breaches inside and out , old fashion candy area , other stores at the shops , Neddle shop fabric , Harts cafe , Tommy's Subs , Grits cafe , Petco , Game Stop , Chill Clother store , PGA Superstore , Ace Hardwear , Uban Outfits , Eggs Up Grill , Moon Pie store , Grady's Pizza Shop , Koal's , REI store , Lifeways Christian book store , New Era store , Local taco , CCI'S Pizza , Luke's Dinner , Panthers Gift Shop NFL , HP Store , Best Buy , MR K Books , Statin Mart , Nicks Bagles , Mybi's Express , Southern Tide store , Dinsey store , Starbucks Fuel Clother store , Bukle , , Bath Oulet , Teanva , Fisher Prince store , Toy's RUs / Baby's US store , Pier 1 , MoHawk store , Dillards Oulet , Jean's Oulet , Dimond Clother store , Lee's jeans store , Big SAM's Pizza Shop , Phil's Harbor shop , American Eagle Oulet , NASCAR Gift Shop ,Sally's Beauty , Sprint Phone Store , Go Colores store , Mellow Mushroom , Papa Johns , Hawks Gift Shop NBA , Ulata Store , Smart Style , Rue 21 Oulet , SubStation 2 , Jimmy's Johns subs ,Roost store , Dockers Clother store , Hammers Clother store , Cold stone creamery , Speed Store , FED EX store , Rolex store , Great American cafe , Gucci eyewear store , Aisa Market , Matters Frim , Cook Station , Larry's Coffee Shop , Gabes , Dick Sport goods , Mary's Kitchen , Bubba's Ribs , USA store , Sweet fog , Honey Bake ham , then one side a Castco then on the side a .Chadders then next to Chadders a , Fred's ice cream shop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area