Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
There are rumors that a Pizza Hut, the authetic dine-in Pizza Hut, is coming to Travelers Rest near Walmart. Does anyone know if that is becoming a reality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
they still make those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecial View Post
I have only seen KenTacoHut's for the last 10 years or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
There's a fairly new one in Mauldin (< 2 years old). Hadn't seen one in years before moving here.
Pizza Hut relocated its dine-in from North Main Street (US-276) to West Butler Road a few years ago and replaced a psuedo-Pizza Hut (carryout/delivery only) on Woodruff Road with a legitimate Pizza Hut, the authentic dine-in Pizza Hut, at Five Forks.

I have heard rumors of Pizza Hut opening authetic Pizza Hut dine-in locations in Taylors, on Pelham Road, in Powdersville and in Duncan, areas where pizza deserts exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 03:45 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Travelers Rest experiences business boom

Interview: Upcountry Provisions Bistro and Bakery part 1

Quote:
Business owners tell News 4 that folks are finding more reasons to spend more time in Travelers Rest. Cheryl Kraus runs Upcountry Provisions Bistro and Bakery.
There's a part 2 interview also.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:37 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
I went into that bakery a few weeks ago. Their prices are in the exosphere! They are double what Whole Foods charges.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I went into that bakery a few weeks ago. Their prices are in the exosphere! They are double what Whole Foods charges.
You get what you pay for in this case.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,468,873 times
Quote:
I don't know where you eat out? Their price are very reasonable especially since its quality home made mostly organic food. ~$7 for awesome sandwhiches and pasteries from .75 -$3. Owners are so nice and its refreshing to have more than greasy fast food choices if you want to eat out in this side of town.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
I don't know where you eat out? Their price are very reasonable especially since its quality home made mostly organic food. ~$7 for awesome sandwhiches and pasteries from .75 -$3. Owners are so nice and its refreshing to have more than greasy fast food choices if you want to eat out in this side of town.
The portions looked tiny and nothing looked good enough for me to part with my money to try anything. All bakeries should be quality homemade and mostly organic. Whole Foods is.

If they were smart, like Whole Foods does and Earth Fare, they'd have samples for people to try. Maybe if the food melted in my mouth, I might have changed my mind and gotten something. As it was, I checked the menu and looked in the case and left.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:07 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,468,873 times
Quote:
The portions looked tiny and nothing looked good enough for me to part with my money to try anything. All bakeries should be quality homemade and mostly organic. Whole Foods is.

If they were smart, like Whole Foods does and Earth Fare, they'd have samples for people to try. Maybe if the food melted in my mouth, I might have changed my mind and gotten something. As it was, I checked the menu and looked in the case and left.
I think its clear that you wont be satisfied since you didnt even give the food a chance before complaining about it. Comparing a small operation to whole foods is comparing apples to oranges. Whatever though, like i originally said, im glad to have such a great place so close and will continue going. Its the first place ive found of this quality in this area since moving from asheville. More food for me if you dont. Ps they do have plenty of samples every time i go in...

Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
I think its clear that you wont be satisfied since you didnt even give the food a chance before complaining about it. Comparing a small operation to whole foods is comparing apples to oranges. Whatever though, like i originally said, im glad to have such a great place so close and will continue going. Its the first place ive found of this quality in this area since moving from asheville. More food for me if you dont. Ps they do have plenty of samples every time i go in...
Sure if all you have experienced are chains and strip malls, a place like this is a whole new world for a lot of people in the area, I'm sure, who have never lived and barely traveled outside this area. For those of us that have and have been to hundreds of privately owned bakeries and eateries all over the country or the world for that matter, the food at least at this place, didn't look like anything to write home about. I didn't get the impression that the owners are bending over backwards trying to impress the customers with their culinary talents (like you do in some places) to make sure people come back.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
The Rebirth of Travelers Rest

Quote:
In 2008, their bicentennial year, smarter marketers prevailed and the print theme for Travelers Rest became “Get in Your Element” and for advertising it became “It starts with Travelers Rest.” These words were prophetic as an old railroad bed was transformed into a new method of transportation that ended in Travelers Rest.
The latest article with a good summary of Travelers Rest today in Greenville Business Magazine. [Pardon the miscellaneous typos and errors]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area