Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

I read through some of the posts and it's appalling that some people can hate moms so much so that they won't attend their funerals. And they even sound it off well in advance

First, I can't believe such "worth-the-hate" moms can exist on the face of the earth, coz I know mine's the greatest on the face of the earth.

But even if the mom turned out to be a biotch from the very next millisecond she shot the baby out of her tummy, she did bear the thing for 9 months. I have read about in Biology, the whole process, its pains and it's probably the world's greatest inconvenience. Noone wants to say thanks at least for the little amount of time the umbilical cord was in place passing food between the woman and the embryo

The world's more whacked out than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Oh geez, not the whole you owe me for having you crap again.......Giving birth doesn't automatically mean one deserves love or respect from their kids. If I found out my biological parents were dead I'd say good riddance. My biological parents were extremely abusive. I, literally, almost starved to death because they couldn't be bothered to feed me. I'd give them nothing but my middle finger.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
Oh geez, not the whole you owe me for having you crap again.......Giving birth doesn't automatically mean one deserves love or respect from their kids. If I found out my biological parents were dead I'd say good riddance. My biological parents were extremely abusive. I, literally, almost starved to death because they couldn't be bothered to feed me. I'd give them nothing but my middle finger.
Sometimes it is just plain ol DNA is what you have in common. That's it for some people.

Abuse can really scar people.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:23 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I read through some of the posts and it's appalling that some people can hate moms so much so that they won't attend their funerals. And they even sound it off well in advance

First, I can't believe such "worth-the-hate" moms can exist on the face of the earth, coz I know mine's the greatest on the face of the earth.

But even if the mom turned out to be a biotch from the very next millisecond she shot the baby out of her tummy, she did bear the thing for 9 months. I have read about in Biology, the whole process, its pains and it's probably the world's greatest inconvenience. Noone wants to say thanks at least for the little amount of time the umbilical cord was in place passing food between the woman and the embryo

The world's more whacked out than I thought.
Don't be to quick to judge. It may be difficult for someone with a loving
caring Mother to relate.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:57 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Hmmm...I won't say anything about her mental illnesses including her addicitions, but I will say that she regularly told me she hated me, wished I'd never been born, was the worst thing that ever happened to her, etc. This after I had driven to the grocery store at 14 (!) to get her cigarettes and beer because she was too drunk.

I've forgiven her. My forgiveness is about me, not her. I never said I hated her. I have already grieved the death of a relationship that we could have had. I'm healthier without her negativity. She may have "carried me around" for nine months, but I carried her around for a lot longer than that. I wiped up her p*** and s*** too.

I'm no Christian but I think somewhere in the Bible it says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Please forgive if I do not have the verbiage correct.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:08 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Moderator cut: quoted post

I know it may come off this way to you, but actually it is all about her as a grieving daughter - not the only daughter, of course. I think "shoulds" aren't appropriate here. People go through some horrific things at this time, and her mother most likely would understand, as I would if one of my kids didn't come to my funeral. Sadness can UNDERSTANDABLY cause anger and neediness, so I can't blame the siblings at this time for wanting her there with them, but it would be good if everyone could be generous toward each other.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-18-2009 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 12:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Hmmm...I won't say anything about her mental illnesses including her addicitions, but I will say that she regularly told me she hated me, wished I'd never been born, was the worst thing that ever happened to her, etc. This after I had driven to the grocery store at 14 (!) to get her cigarettes and beer because she was too drunk.

I've forgiven her. My forgiveness is about me, not her. I never said I hated her. I have already grieved the death of a relationship that we could have had. I'm healthier without her negativity. She may have "carried me around" for nine months, but I carried her around for a lot longer than that. I wiped up her p*** and s*** too.

I'm no Christian but I think somewhere in the Bible it says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself." Please forgive if I do not have the verbiage correct.
This says it all for me, as well. I believe my mother has Borderline Personality Disorder, never diagnosed of course, I refused to be her scapegoat any longer.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:20 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
When you haven't seen or spoken to a parent for over 20 years (after great labor to find a relationship with them), one is more apt to have already gone through the mourning process a long while ago and it seems unnecessary to put yourself through it again. Repeating, again, the funeral is for the living, not the dead and for people to pay respects and offer sympathy to the living.

Also, we've had a number of cremations without funerals in our family.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:04 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
I guess we all have to agree to disagree here...I can understand that folks don't deal with anything the exact same way and there is no protocol to proper mourning techniques so basically, we are all out here in the world doing the best we can. Don't judge anyone too harshly we don't know where they are coming from.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Discuss the topic and not one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning