Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:03 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Wow - just wow.
And once again
There are actually 52 states or territories of America. These states include 48 continental states, with Alaska and Hawaii making them 50. The two territories that add to make the 52 states or territories are Puerto Rico, which is on the Caribbean Sea and the District of Columbia.

Im sorry whtviper1, im not trying to be a bigshot or smarter then you. If this had been a rare thing you attacking me i would just be humble but ive had enough!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:51 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,920,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
And once again
There are actually 52 states or territories of America. These states include 48 continental states, with Alaska and Hawaii making them 50. The two territories that add to make the 52 states or territories are Puerto Rico, which is on the Caribbean Sea and the District of Columbia.
Oh wow - again. The District of Columbia is not a territory. Guam, Virgin Islands....and there are a lot more, are also US territories.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Oh wow - again. The District of Columbia is not a territory. Guam, Virgin Islands....and there are a lot more, are also US territories.
Ok ok fine, go start your own thread with your own point of view. See i don't have a problem with a different point of view, but my perception and experience with you viper is that its not about discussion or debate with you. I could say the sky is blue but you will say otherwise. Simple solution, since you feel i live in the past or what i post is irrelevant? Just start the same thread with your point of view or just don't comeon to my threads? There is only so many ways to say how "you don't like what i post or the content ok", then it just becomes irrelevant and harrasment.

And commenting after everytime i post anything on my new threads with negativity isn't solving anything except leaving doo on my threads. So go start your own threads please. Aloha

Old 10-07-2013, 03:32 PM

I just set the record straight. You post a lot of false stuff. Anyone moving from the West Coast isn't going to find Honolulu much different except the weather, wages, and the cost of some things as well as more Asians.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:33 PM

@whtviper1

The truth is i would love to just get along with you, but you make it hard. As just an awareness thing whtviper1 ok, i think you have some good posts and i have said it. But whtviper1 i have never gone on your threads and left piles all over it. Further, i haven't even gone on your threads and said anything bad. In fact ive complimented you on some good suggestions. The question is why whtviper1 do you feel you have a right to treat others differently then how they treat you? Just an observation.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I just set the record straight. You post a lot of false stuff. Anyone moving from the West Coast isn't going to find Honolulu much different except the weather, wages, and the cost of some things as well as more Asians.
Be specific, you posting false stuff is too general like what? Lets solve this. Aready you had another person disagree with you. How many do you need?

Further who said i was specific about Honolulu? Alot of my views are relivent to areas outside of Honolulu and just Hawai'i in general.

I would love to solve this because this seems to be a sorce of tension between us, and i just want to live in peace with ppl lol.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-07-2013 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 07:52 PM

136 posts, read 330,149 times
Quote:
Oh so now only the West Coast, not the whole country, is similar to Honolulu? I agree to a point. But part of hawaiian by heart's point was that the larger percentage of Asians and pacific islanders contributes to some cultural differences. While many areas of the west coast have a lot of Asians, Asian culture is still a subculture, while Anglo-American culture is mainstream. In Hawaii Asian/Pacific Islander culture is the main, dominant culture. I don't think someone moving to Hawaii from Maine (94% White, 1% Asian, 0% pacific islander) will think that there just happens to be more Asians and the culture in Hawaii is pretty much the same.

Japanese proverb: The nail that sticks up will be hammered down (reflects a collectivist culture)
American idiom: The squeaky wheel gets the grease (reflects an individualistic culture)

Generally, the Japanese proverb has little influence throughout the country, but has its share of influence in Hawaii.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:07 PM

@Jonny08

Wow, Mahalo couldn't have said it any better Jonny08. I think you just said in one post what ive been trying to say for awhile now.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM

They'll think the culture is pretty much the same when they deal with rush hour traffic, Walmart, Target, Safeway, McDonalds, Starbucks on every corner, Pizza Hut, the same cars, same language, same ole same ole. Anyone who's been to Hawaii in the 80's and 90's see a stark difference to the Hawaii today. I'm in Chicago right now for work, besides the lack of Asians, good steak here, gas 60 cents/gallon cheaper, and a little chillier, not much else is different than Honolulu.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,576,023 times
How's the NE swell on the lake this evening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii