Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Poprocksn...do yourself a HUGE favor, and remove the carton of cigarettes from the table-out of sight , out of mind-same with lighters/matches, and ashtrays. I know when I see a lighter, I get an urge for a smoke, so if you could put the carton someplace else, you really ought to do so.
Yeah, actually after that first couple days, the REALLY BAD tempation, it was gone. I am ok to walk by it now. I am proud to say that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
I am still smokeless, but having a bad day. I was told that I would not be receiving SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS, for my child, I am only going to get $290 after medicare takes out, and I was told earlier that I would be getting close to $500, I also have to pay my lawyer 25% of my back pay, all of this is bullsh*t.
I am tired of being controled by anyone, including my husband!!!! I am so f- ing mad I could spit bullets, I thought I would be able to decide on what and where I wanted to live, with or with out my husband.
I need a cigarette, well not really, but it sucks. What in the world do I do? It isn't enough to support my child, she is only 12, my husband is going through, a disability claim, and court, since he can't go back to work, he likes to have 100% control, I have had enough!!!!!
Some one help me, I feel like just giving up on everything. I like how his ex wife got everything handed to her, and with me I have to struggle every step I make. It is not FAIR!!!!! Let me know what you all think, while I go and vent in a corner.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Well, i'm with you, finally got up the nerve to see what my bank account looks like, since to my husband, an ATM card is some little thing that magically give you money any time you want, every time I check this, there's another withdrawal that he hasn't told me aobut---buying all this crap for his stupid BOAT-if you look, I live near Toledo, and it is January-albeit a warm one, not BOATING weather. Sneaking around doing this crap, making a fool out of me, and he has NO idea how mad I get-then, I take it out on my son-who, thankfully knows where I'm coming from-he's 21, by the way, then the mood I am in for the entire rest of the day is shot to he**. it's Christmas [bills] time, property taxes, college textbooks, etc. etc. Whoa, speak of the devil, he just walked in and then went out to his garage to work on stuff for his precious boat, told me "come on out'-gee, ain't that sweet of him...Wish I knew what to do when you feel like punching a hole in a wall or something, or throwing something, but of course, you would have to clean it up yourself, this isn't a soap opera, and we aren't Erica Kane...Sorry, I cannot help you, but I can commiserate. oh, boy, now my poor son is home-I'm going to try and be nice,he's graduating in may from college,then off he goes to fulfill his obligation to ROTC in the Army-that alone is enough to shatter my heart into a trillion pieces, since I don't really have a way out of here, my mom has lung cancer, not long for this world and I live with a clueless fool who is mean and cruel. Dang, sorry again. Just don't smoke-don't give him the satisfaction!

Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for the laugh!

I just say that because I am in kind of the same boat, lol, well I haven't had a smoke but got mad and grabbed a straw, it seems to help that part of it, now if I could figure out the rest.
My husband is good at numbers, and he checked out my Social Security statement you get once a year, anyways he said that I earned enough credits, so I don't know if I am being jacked over by Social Security or what.
My daughter tells me all the time, that her dad is annoying, and that she loves me more, and wants to stay with me. How do I support her when he makes it to where I can't even support myself. I am not going to give into smoking now, but I would sure like to punch a wall. If you dont mind I would like to pm you, and get more input. Thanks for the moral support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, i'm with you, finally got up the nerve to see what my bank account looks like, since to my husband, an ATM card is some little thing that magically give you money any time you want, every time I check this, there's another withdrawal that he hasn't told me aobut---buying all this crap for his stupid BOAT-if you look, I live near Toledo, and it is January-albeit a warm one, not BOATING weather. Sneaking around doing this crap, making a fool out of me, and he has NO idea how mad I get-then, I take it out on my son-who, thankfully knows where I'm coming from-he's 21, by the way, then the mood I am in for the entire rest of the day is shot to he**. it's Christmas [bills] time, property taxes, college textbooks, etc. etc. Whoa, speak of the devil, he just walked in and then went out to his garage to work on stuff for his precious boat, told me "come on out'-gee, ain't that sweet of him...Wish I knew what to do when you feel like punching a hole in a wall or something, or throwing something, but of course, you would have to clean it up yourself, this isn't a soap opera, and we aren't Erica Kane...Sorry, I cannot help you, but I can commiserate. oh, boy, now my poor son is home-I'm going to try and be nice,he's graduating in may from college,then off he goes to fulfill his obligation to ROTC in the Army-that alone is enough to shatter my heart into a trillion pieces, since I don't really have a way out of here, my mom has lung cancer, not long for this world and I live with a clueless fool who is mean and cruel. Dang, sorry again. Just don't smoke-don't give him the satisfaction!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
ok by me, but I'm not too sure what that entails, being as I'm about as computer illiterate as they come-pm away, and thanks for not SERiously laughing-but my anger is directly aligned with by my sarcasm, so I guess it's okay!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:36 PM

96 posts, read 275,602 times
Default smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
I've been an avid smoker for 15 years and would like any suggestions on smoking cessation that have worked for any of you. I'm tired of the smell and what it can do to my health. Thanks!!

Hi, I smoked for thirty year's and quit cold turkey. It took me awhile to get the right mind set which was the hardest for me . Once I did that I just said
that's it and that was the end of that. Will Power...GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH.

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Hi, I smoked for thirty year's and quit cold turkey. It took me awhile to get the right mind set which was the hardest for me . Once I did that I just said
that's it and that was the end of that. Will Power...GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH.

LOVE THE U.S.A.
Update:
Well first morning, no smokes. I haven't had the urge to make the 5 mile drive to the store yet (granted my son is still sleeping ). Last night was semi-hard, but after reading this thread, it became easier. If you all can do it with the b.s. you are going thru, than I feel i should be able to also. I am my own worst enemy ! At one point, I found myself going thru ashtrays and finding butts (discusting). I have decided that when I get a craving, I will sit in my Ab lounger and do sit ups till it passes. LMAO ! I don't know how long that will last.
I did eat like a horse last night !
I had a hard time with dinner last night. Someone gave us some fresh venison. I have never cooked or ate venison before. I kept thinking about Bambi and all the pretty deer we have in our yard. BUT OMG amazingly delicious!
O.K. I'm rambling now....
Just thought I'd update .

BTW, please forgive spelling mistakes, as I am going thru the spacey part of withdrwal.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 AM

Thumbs up Way to go Qbaby, you can do it!!!!!!

Just got on, I am on my fourth day, I haven't caved in yet, after yesterday, I hope I don't ever go back. It is tough when you get stressed out, but you have to hang in there.
I am so proud of you Qbaby, you will be spacey for a few days, but yesterday wasn't as bad as the first two. I wanted so bad to have just one yesterday, but I talked myself out of it, all because I didn't want to start back at day one.
I still have to figure out what I am going to do about my problems, but have to wait until my daughter gets out of school this summer first. In the mean time, I will be adding more days to my clean and smoke free days!!!!
We are here for you Qbaby!!!!! Hang in there, it does get eaiser after the first two days. I want to go on a cleaning binge, since we have stopped smoking, and make everything smoke free, but I will wait a week and get used to not smoking first.
If you need me, I will be checking every so often, so e-mail me, pm me, or if you really need to talk leave a phone# and I will help you get through the next two days, or how many it takes, to get you past the first week, or forever, Just so you know I am here, And I won't let you down!!!!!
I will e-mail you or pm you my phone# in case you need to use it. Take care!!! I WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Update:
Well first morning, no smokes. I haven't had the urge to make the 5 mile drive to the store yet (granted my son is still sleeping ). Last night was semi-hard, but after reading this thread, it became easier. If you all can do it with the b.s. you are going thru, than I feel i should be able to also. I am my own worst enemy ! At one point, I found myself going thru ashtrays and finding butts (discusting). I have decided that when I get a craving, I will sit in my Ab lounger and do sit ups till it passes. LMAO ! I don't know how long that will last.
I did eat like a horse last night !
I had a hard time with dinner last night. Someone gave us some fresh venison. I have never cooked or ate venison before. I kept thinking about Bambi and all the pretty deer we have in our yard. BUT OMG amazingly delicious!
O.K. I'm rambling now....
Just thought I'd update .

BTW, please forgive spelling mistakes, as I am going thru the spacey part of withdrwal.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Just got on, I am on my fourth day, I haven't caved in yet, after yesterday, I hope I don't ever go back. It is tough when you get stressed out, but you have to hang in there.
I am so proud of you Qbaby, you will be spacey for a few days, but yesterday wasn't as bad as the first two. I wanted so bad to have just one yesterday, but I talked myself out of it, all because I didn't want to start back at day one.
I still have to figure out what I am going to do about my problems, but have to wait until my daughter gets out of school this summer first. In the mean time, I will be adding more days to my clean and smoke free days!!!!
We are here for you Qbaby!!!!! Hang in there, it does get eaiser after the first two days. I want to go on a cleaning binge, since we have stopped smoking, and make everything smoke free, but I will wait a week and get used to not smoking first.
If you need me, I will be checking every so often, so e-mail me, pm me, or if you really need to talk leave a phone# and I will help you get through the next two days, or how many it takes, to get you past the first week, or forever, Just so you know I am here, And I won't let you down!!!!!
I will e-mail you or pm you my phone# in case you need to use it. Take care!!! I WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME !!!
Thank you so much ! I am on my way out to the store for some school supplies. I pray I can make it pass the convenience store ! I keep thinking "just one". But I'm not gonna do it.

Thanks So much for the support !

Old 01-06-2007, 10:27 AM

YOU CAN DO IT QBABY!!!!! TAKE A DEEP BREATH, SLOWLEY LET IT OUT, AND TELL YOURSELF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!!!
LIKE I SAID I AM HERE IF YOU NEED ME!!! TOU HAVE MY # GOOD LUCK, AND ONLY GO TO CONVENIENCE STORES FOR GAS, THEN IF YOU HAVE A BANK CREDIT CARD, USE THAT INSTEAD OF GOING INTO THE STORE TO PAY.
IT MIGHT HELP YOU GET PAST THE TEMPTATION, DON'T GIVE INTO, I JUST NEED ONE, IT NEVER WORKS LIKE THAT, ONE LEADS TO TWO AND SO ON.
HANG IN THERE, CALL ME IF YOU NEED BACK UP!!!! LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT IN TOWN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness