Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
First of all, I am Cuban, I dislike the word Latino and I am not so sure about Hispanic. But, since I live in this country, when asked, I always mark the little square box that says Hispanic. To my understanding, Latinos are all those people that spoke Latin back in the days....but that's a different story.

In Cuban culture (which has nothing to do with Mexican, Colombian or any other Spanish speaking country in the Mainland), a blond, blue eye person is always a beauty. The same goes in Spain. I've never being to Mexico or any other country in Latin America. But for what I see on TV, all those beautiful actresses and actors ARE light skin, with long Roman noses and very European features. In fact, on most of those soap operas, the poor peasant girl that falls in love with the rich handsome guy, she is always Indian looking, and they guy has a rich hairy chest (which local Indians don’t have!!).

Now I am not too sure if I can call ArizonaBear a friend, we have had disagreements in the past, but at least in this topic, we both agree because we are both right. He might not be Hispanic, but he sure knows how our wheels grind and what generally speaking is considered beautiful. Let's face it antialphabet, if you open your typical Mexican X rated magazine, you will only see blond ladies. I can assure you that you will not see a single woman with a prominent wide nose, rounded circular face and barely 5 ft tall. It is reality. Beauty is blond, blond is sexy, and sexy sells magazines.
It would be nice if people provided some evidence to back of those claims, everybody seems an expert in latin american culture, but so far there aren't pictures or links to demonstrate the veracity of their statements, until those are presented these claims are empty.

but let's try this, name 20 Mexican actors 10 male and 10 female (not international actors that participate in one of the most tempting markets in the world) and post their pictures.

Name at least 3 soap operas where the poor girl is indian looking and falls in love with the rich handsome guy with chairy chest, and post links to back it up.

I won't enter into the territory of those magazines are they are beyond CD's terms.

some links to the cast of current Mexican soap operas, if you want to see the rest of the cast just click on "elenco"

http://www.esmas.com/alma-de-hierro/
http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimient...evete-a-sonar/
http://www2.esmas.com/cuidado-con-el-angel/
http://www2.esmas.com/entretenimient.../dona-barbara/

Yes, there is some one white people in those soap operas, but 70% of the cast is Mestizo, which is accurate with the reality of this country, but some people in their prejudice would think that Gael Garcia (a mestizo) and one of Mexico's most important actors is white.

http://www.puroschismes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/1552013925.jpg (broken link)

Most people would think that all Mestizos look like this

To those people a visit to Mexico wouldn't come bad, you might have fun and learn a thing or two.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 04-06-2009 at 07:51 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,215 times
Lol at the picture of Zapata.
Its true..people speak a lot on a very limited knowledge.
People don't really understand the diversity of mestizos themselves...they assume a stereotyped version of what a mestizo SHOULD be to them.

Also, they downplay how more European features are, even if subconsciously, seen
as beauty in most cultures throughout the world. In Africa, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East. To pretend its exclusively Mexico to push ones agenda against Mexicans is ridiculous and just weird.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM

439 posts, read 617,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I am on the left and don't think people need to speak Spanish or learn to speak Spanish (or Mexican, there is a difference), even though I do speak Spanish. I learned my espanol in Spain and from a South American. I worked for a Mexican grower so I understand the differences.

Nor do I have any intention of turning my Country over to another country. I get really miffed when Mexicans don't even take the time or energy to learn English. After all, I put in effort to learn their language. English should be the official language of our culture, as we are based on the English language (or American language, to be precise).

And, we are dealing with Mexicans who come to our country and think they can continue to speak Spanish (Mexican) and get by.

Spanish is one language. The is no Mexican Language. Learn Spanish this is America.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 PM

365 posts, read 756,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Spanish is one language. The is no Mexican Language. Learn Spanish this is America.

YouTube - Old English: Languages of the World: Introductory Overviews

YouTube - The Lords Prayer in Old English from the 11th century
the Angles, Saxons, Frisians, Jutes and perhaps even the Franks),
RESULT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Ōhthere sǣde his hlāforde, Ælfrēde cyninge, ðæt hē ealra Norðmonna norþmest būde. Hē cwæð þæt hē būde on þǣm lande norþweardum wiþ þā Westsǣ. Hē sǣde þēah þæt þæt land sīe swīþe lang norþ þonan; ac hit is eal wēste, būton on fēawum stōwum styccemǣlum wīciað Finnas, on huntoðe on wintra, ond on sumera on fiscaþe be þǣre sǣ. Hē sǣde þæt hē æt sumum cirre wolde fandian hū longe þæt land norþryhte lǣge, oþþe hwæðer ǣnig mon be norðan þǣm wēstenne būde. Þā fōr hē norþryhte be þǣm lande: lēt him ealne weg þæt wēste land on ðæt stēorbord, ond þā wīdsǣ on ðæt bæcbord þrīe dagas. Þā wæs hē swā feor norþ swā þā hwælhuntan firrest faraþ. Þā fōr hē þā giet norþryhte swā feor swā hē meahte on þǣm ōþrum þrīm dagum gesiglau. Þā bēag þæt land, þǣr ēastryhte, oþþe sēo sǣ in on ðæt lond, hē nysse hwæðer, būton hē wisse ðæt hē ðǣr bād westanwindes ond hwōn norþan, ond siglde ðā ēast be lande swā swā hē meahte on fēower dagum gesiglan. Þā sceolde hē ðǣr bīdan ryhtnorþanwindes, for ðǣm þæt land bēag þǣr sūþryhte, oþþe sēo sǣ in on ðæt land, hē nysse hwæþer. Þā siglde hē þonan sūðryhte be lande swā swā hē meahte on fīf dagum gesiglan. Ðā læg þǣr ān micel ēa ūp on þæt land. Ðā cirdon hīe ūp in on ðā ēa for þǣm hīe ne dorston forþ bī þǣre ēa siglan for unfriþe; for þǣm ðæt land wæs eall gebūn on ōþre healfe þǣre ēas. Ne mētte hē ǣr nān gebūn land, siþþan hē from his āgnum hām fōr; ac him wæs ealne weg wēste land on þæt stēorbord, būtan fiscerum ond fugelerum ond huntum, ond þæt wǣron eall Finnas; ond him wæs āwīdsǣ on þæt bæcbord. Þā Boermas heafdon sīþe wel gebūd hira land: ac hīe ne dorston þǣr on cuman. Ac þāra Terfinna land wæs eal wēste, būton ðǣr huntan gewīcodon, oþþe fisceras, oþþe fugeleras.

I think that a lot of the people that are frustrated that spanish is taking space in our streets are really the ones frustrated with the changes americas future is heading. England at at one point of her time was being influenced by her neighbors, and every piece of land one way or another is influence by their neighbors.

I remember reading books when the spaniards mining their own business were being robbed by english pirates, and to some degree sooner or later civilizations meet the consequences of their ancestors.

Origin of State Names — Infoplease.com
Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
N.A. Indian influence on US Constitution - American Indian(Native American)Original - tribe.net
as we can see six states of the republic are in english so lets face it
history has taught us that were just a blip in these thing called life. so
if you want to get into details and are frustrated of the spanish languague then thank your ancestors. THIS IS AMERICA and again if you look at
History Homo sapien have wonder the earth for at least 200,000 years.
so were asking that america changes her changes she has occur
in the past 500 years? can we just go blank on what america has gone thru? you could say but spanish is not spanish, wasnt a native tongue of the locals? well can you see the evolving of the spanish language being influence by the natives that were conquered?
spanish from venezuela, peru, Mexico

and people are matter and make up the universe of our existence and like
the laws of physics indicate that energy cannot be destroyed it can only change forms. well the AMERICANS that truelly enjoy this free society owed to the influence from the natives of this continent not to their terrible ancestors.

Every American should be aware that phrases like "We the people, to form a union...." all came from Native American Indians. If we look at the way spain establish herself into the americas, they were conquering souls while the english were building and destroying everything in its path.

so spanish is just reflecting the hard evidence that spain did leave a mark on the americas, or imagine yourself in great britain when the franks, jutes, saxons were establishing their influence in the isles. well if you dont like spanish then fight it. but once youre done fighting will we have energy to adapt to comfront another powerhouse languague? such as chinese?
stop whining
Yo hablo espanol, y sabes una cosa que cuando hablas dos lenguagues solamente indica lo que nuestro maestro de evolucion nos enseno y fue que si no te adaptas MUERES.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM

439 posts, read 617,158 times
Some parts of the USA were spanish at one time. Look at the names.

1. Los Angeles
2. San Diego
3. San Antonio
4. San Jose
5. Texas
6. Colorado
7. California
8. Florida

and on and on. what are you going to do change every spanish name? We must understand Spanish is part of the southwest and West and Florida.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:

1. Los Angeles
2. San Diego
3. San Antonio
4. San Jose
5. Texas
6. Colorado
7. California
8. Florida

and on and on. what are you going to do change every spanish name? We must understand Spanish is part of the southwest and West and Florida.
Spanish is fading in importance here in the USA as the mostly Hispanic illegal aliens are being forced out.

I can see the difference here in Arizona since late 2007

As for Spanish, French, Dutch, German and American Indian place names: they serve their intended purposes as identifiers--------why change 'em? Australia has many Aborigine place names and the indigenous people there are a small minority.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,315 times
Quote:

1. Los Angeles
2. San Diego
3. San Antonio
4. San Jose
5. Texas
6. Colorado
7. California
8. Florida

Where do you come up with the "WE" part ? You have a frog in your pocket? Just because a few cities have "spanish" names ,it changes nothing. This is the USA and we speak ENGLISH here. Why should we change anything to accommodate people that are to lazy to assimilate.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Lol at the picture of Zapata.
Its true..people speak a lot on a very limited knowledge.
People don't really understand the diversity of mestizos themselves...they assume a stereotyped version of what a mestizo SHOULD be to them.

Also, they downplay how more European features are, even if subconsciously, seen
as beauty in most cultures throughout the world. In Africa, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East. To pretend its exclusively Mexico to push ones agenda against Mexicans is ridiculous and just weird.
Exactly! Japanese anime would be the equivalent of Mexican soap operas, why nobody accuses them of white supremacy, just look at their animes.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Default Wow, seems like this thread has gone all over the place.

I think now would be as good a time as any to end this one. I think the OP was essentially lost a long time ago. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration