Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 PM

105 posts, read 324,799 times

Advertisements

Please tell me what is wrong with this picture?
I have worked for companies such as Tecumseh motors, Sargento cheese, Johnsonville sausage , wausau homes and currently work for the biggest motorcycle conglomerate in the usa Ridenow powersports, but have applied for other jobs here in Phoenix in management but have been told that i need to speak spanish.
Did someone forget to inform me that we were annexed into mexico or is this what the future of our country is destined for.So in other words , i need to go back to school to learn somebody elses language even though they are even legal citizens,bull!
Alot of people dont like Sheriff Joe but as far as i am concerned, "Sheriff Joe for President", just do me a favor.When you arrest them dont give medical aid and food and a place to sleep for a few weeks while the citizens pay taxes to supply these things , just ship their butts back as soon as you find them.
I cant get free food , water, medical and a place to sleep.Someone in government needs to stand up and show some balls,they dont belong here.If they want to be citizens, they can do like so many others" apply for the right to be here".
I still say that if they want to be citizens, then they can apply and any male over 18 then serves 2 years in the military to prove they love this country, once their tour is up then they and their immediate family can be legal citizens.But come on , lets make them earn the right to be here, our boys are over there dying while they sneek across our border and live a better life than i do , now you are saying i need to learn spanish.
I dont think so, wake up people of the usa.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:06 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Wrong forum friend - head over to immigration thread, you'll get lots of slaps on the back over there.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,661 times
I refuse to learn it. If it meant losing my job, so be it. This is America and I will speak English and so should other Americans and illegals as well.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,297 times
My sister moved to Miami after high school and immediately learned how to speak Spanish the way Cubans do so she could make a living selling real estate. My daughter went to North Miami to open a business and learned how to speak Spanish so she could relate to both her clients and thier animals.
Go to the immigration forum you will find a lot of people that think English should be the only language spoken.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
It's a political issue! You are in the right place. There are those on the left that would turn America over to another country if they could.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
[quote=alexander59;942617] My daughter went to North Miami to open a business and learned how to speak Spanish so she could relate to both her clients and thier animals.
QUOTE]

What does that mean?

Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
[quote=bily4;942633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
My daughter went to North Miami to open a business and learned how to speak Spanish so she could relate to both her clients and thier animals.
QUOTE]

What does that mean?
I missed that! LOL Spanish speaking animals! Jay Leno here we come.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,661 times
[quote=bily4;942633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
My daughter went to North Miami to open a business and learned how to speak Spanish so she could relate to both her clients and thier animals.
QUOTE]

What does that mean?

Maybe the pets only understood commands spoken in Spanish so when she wanted them to get "down", she had to tell them in Spanish.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:24 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,297 times
Animals that grow up in a Spanish speaking home understand Spanish, or didn't anyone realize that. Parrots speak in Spanish and other languages also.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:26 PM

110 posts, read 777,552 times
Well, I just started teaching myself Spanish (from a CD course) out of self preservation because more and more of the trades (lawn maintenance, construction, home improvement) are hiring workers who speak only Spanish and I want to be able to (a) make myself understood directly to the people doing the job, and (b) understand what they are saying amongst themselves.

If those guys working on my roof make a mistake and start talking in Spanish about what got screwed up and if/how they should try and fix it or just cover it up with me being none the wiser, well, I want know what's being said! Especially effective if they don't have a clue that this middle-aged white lady in an all-white neighborhood understands Spanish.

IMHO no one should be required to learn Spanish but there are more and more situations nowadays where knowing it would give us an advantage over someone who does not. Either work or just everyday living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration