Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,836 times

Advertisements

This website is fairly interesting. Some facts on illegal Hispanic aliens...

Hispanics: A Statistical Portrait (http://www.amren.com/features/hispanics/index.html - broken link)

On securing our borders:

"Mexico is the only nation in the world that, at least in the popular mind, has a historical claim on portions of the United States. Mexicans are still bitter over the loss of territory that followed the Mexican-American War, and many believe the United States does not have the moral right to control its own borders."

On learning English:

"One difficulty Hispanics face is that Spanish is so firmly entrenched in some areas that many immigrants may feel no pressure to learn English. In 2003, 44 percent of Hispanics did not speak and read English well enough to perform routine tasks,"

On assimilating:

"After they come to the United States, Mexicans retain longer and stronger attachments to their country of origin than do immigrants who have come greater distances.."

And now my favorite one:

"No fewer than 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, “the territory of the United States’ Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico.” Only 28 percent disagree. Likewise, 57 percent agree that “Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission,” while 35 percent disagree."

Do we need more reasons to keep our borders secure?!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:27 PM

614 posts, read 1,766,844 times
Actually before the mexicans controlled the southwest the native americans did. And while everyone thinks the whites slaughtered everyone( which they kinda did) the spanish and the mexicans slaughtered the natives in the southwest. So orginally the southwest would have belonged to the native americans and our federal government is nice enough to give them plenty of land in az and NM.

Nice find Kickassarmychick this website proves a lot.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
This website is fairly interesting. Some facts on illegal Hispanic aliens...

Hispanics: A Statistical Portrait (http://www.amren.com/features/hispanics/index.html - broken link)

...Do we need more reasons to keep our borders secure?!
And you do understand American Renaissance's background to quote the website here?...

Can we have some links to the National Alliance, Stormfront, or White Revolution next time?...

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And you do understand American Renaissance's background to quote the website here?...

Can we have some links to the National Alliance, Stormfront, or White Revolution next time?...
I thought posting links to those websites was against TOS.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Vicente Fox was pretty open about the Mexican government's intentions. They want "the whole enchilada" and it has nothing to do with taking back just some of the territory once claimed for Spain. Or why are illegals in Georgia? New York? Chicago?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I thought posting links to those websites was against TOS.
I'm wondering why a link to a White Nationalist group is allowed on the thread, by an OP that doesn't realize they wouldn't have her for the Lusitanic ancestry she has...

She can call herself "European", but I think they have a different idea of qualifications...

Jared Lougner was said to have ties to American Renaissance...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,375,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm wondering why a link to a White Nationalist group is allowed on the thread, by an OP that doesn't realize they wouldn't have her for the Lusitanic ancestry she has...

She can call herself "European", but I think they have a different idea of qualifications...

Jared Lougner was said to have ties to American Renaissance...
And also this poster's mother was left for dead by an illegal alien(whom she married) but for some reason she is more concerned posting here that pursuing a criminal conviction.

Doing the second would be extremely more productive against illegal aliens.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
And also this poster's mother was left for dead by an illegal alien(whom she married) but for some reason she is more concerned posting here that pursuing a criminal conviction.

Doing the second would be extremely more productive against illegal aliens.
Really?

I think I should add that my "mother" did not raise me and I didn't meet her until I was 19 in 2003 and I have only seen her a handful of times ever since. She has alienated herself completely from my life and my sister's. She wants nothing to do with either one of us.

She is a big girl. She can deal with her problems on her own.

She wasn't there when I needed her, or right now when I need her and I am pregnant with her grandchild.

I guess the problem here is not the fact that I am not going after my mom's abuser. Because even if I were, I'd still be attacked. And who's to say all I do is rant about illegal aliens online? Do you know me?

I shouldn't be surprised at the content of your post.... because from your previous posts on here we can have a pretty good idea what you stand for.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM

254 posts, read 591,373 times
Is it ok to pull the race card on this one?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,375,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Really?

I think I should add that my "mother" did not raise me and I didn't meet her until I was 19 in 2003 and I have only seen her a handful of times ever since. She has alienated herself completely from my life and my sister's. She wants nothing to do with either one of us.

She is a big girl. She can deal with her problems on her own.

She wasn't there when I needed her, or right now when I need her and I am pregnant with her grandchild.

I guess the problem here is not the fact that I am not going after my mom's abuser. Because even if I were, I'd still be attacked.
But she is your mother nonetheless. And she was almost left for dead by an illegal alien.

Also, you and your mother and everyone else that know about this crime have an obligation with society to get this person arrested and convicted. He could have killed other people (americans).

You are so concerned with the country but you have the opportunity to stop a criminal illegal alien and yet you and your family did nothing towards a so called illegal that almost killed your own mother? Really?

Makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.