Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 07:15 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...The U.S. government owes you nothing but a paycheck and benefits for your military job -- not a place in the front of the line for your wife and stepchildren, or to resolve any other issues relating to your private life. Furthermore, when you joined the military, you agreed to fulfill the requirements of the job. If that involves multiple deployments, so be it. Did you join the military to serve this country? Or, did you join in hopes of expediting your wife’s immigration process? If you joined for the latter, shame on you..
USCIS Home Page -> Family -> Family of U.S. Citizens:

"Members of the Military

If you or a member of your family is in the U.S. military, special conditions may apply. See the "Military" section of the website."...

Any military commander knows that if a servicemember's family is not ready, the servicemember is not ready to deploy...

I had twenty years of military service when I married my wife...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

"Members of the Military

If you or a member of your family is in the U.S. military, special conditions may apply. See the "Military" section of the website."...

Any military commander knows that if a servicemember's family is not ready, the servicemember is not ready to deploy...

Just follow the rules of the USA and things will be cool. No problem.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:

"Members of the Military

You did read the above highlighted part didn't you. There is no guarantee, each case is different.

I fail to see why you are upset anyway, if your wife and step-children are here legally then what is your issue?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
Is this a trick question or what?

What turned me off to ILLEGAL immigration? Why ILLEGAL immigration of course.

Specifics…..
1. Municipalities that openly flout the law by declaring themselves "sanctuary cities"
2. Men roaming the streets panhandling peddling steeling murdering
3. Immense burden on the taxpayer funded system that has become so twisted that it's forced to pay for the care of people who wantonly break our laws
4. Illegal immigrants that drag with them all the wretched unhealthy lifestyle and environmental habits of the third word they escaped from
5. A healthcare and educational system that cannot cope with the huge numbers of illegal immigrants who never become fully fledged members of our society with a vested interest in the success of America
6. Ruthless "coyot-ees" and "labor organizers" that import helpless and hapless millions in order to make a quick buck while the taxpayer picks up the HUGE tab for all the support the fat-a-ss labor boss refuses to pay.

....just for starters....

Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
You did read the above highlighted part didn't you. There is no guarantee, each case is different.

I fail to see why you are upset anyway, if your wife and step-children are here legally then what is your issue?
I think you just asked the $64,000 question.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-12-2011 at 08:57 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
...each [immigration] case is different...
I think you just asked the $64,000 question.
No, she gave the million-dollar answer...

Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

"Members of the Military

Perhaps I missed it, but I did not see anything in the section pertaining to “Members of the Military” that even remotely implied that the family of military members are entitled to preferential treatment in the immigration process, or that their spouses or other relatives are granted accelerated immigration status by virtue of their military involvement. It simply listed the family members, both immediate and extended who “may” be eligible for immigration status as the family of military personnel.

Are you suggesting the military will not deploy a soldier unless his/her family issues are resolved prior to deployment? I have never been in the military, and even I know that is not true. In fact, a female soldier with a baby at home was ordered to return to her unit. She refused, and was arrested. So, you expect us to believe that your immigration problem should entitle you to remain in this country rather than be deployed; whereas, a mother with a baby is expected to deploy? Give me a break.

Quote:
SAVANNAH, Ga. (CBS/AP) Spc. Alexis Hutchinson, a Georgia-based Army cook who's the single mother of a 10-month-old son is in hot water for refusing to deploy to Afghanistan, saying there's no one to care for her child and she feared the Army would force her child into foster care. Military police arrested her Nov.6 at Hunter Army Airfield near Savannah.
Alexis Hutchinson, Army Mom Arrested for Refusing to Deploy, Says There's No One to Care for Baby - Crimesider - CBS News

Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
No, she gave the million-dollar answer...
And your response to me here is related to this question posed to you by another poster, how?

"I fail to see why you are upset anyway, if your wife and step-children are here legally then what is your issue"?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
A particular event, upbringing, location, outlook, family member, or perception? This is "freestyle", so be as descriptive as possible. I've heard the stances, I just want to know more of the "why" about you.
Public school education in history, government, civics, the Constitution and the rule of law.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Watching my taxes rise to pay for their food, shelter and education.
(Why are you stealing food, shelter, healthcare,and education from Americans?)

Press "1" for (insert language here)...
(This sprung up in the mid 90's - like outsourcing... Now it's everywhere)

Reading about how hospitals are closing around my state because Illegals Don't Pay for Healthcare!
(L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com)

Watching them protest in the streets of Los Angeles for their "so-called" rights.
(Take your illegal ass back across the border and shout to your nation of origin about your "rights").

Watching illegals stand in front of stores like Home Depot, sell food on corners, working on construction sites, as they look for work walk around my community.
(Doing the jobs Americans once did, for a fraction of the cost and poor quality).

Reading about how education is being wasted in schools in Los Angeles where less than 25% in some schools are English proficient.
(If these kids don't speak English at home, they're not going to learn in school, these are anchor babies and they're destroying the education system in this country).

Listen to and chase off the drunk howling illegals sing songs about "Maria del pueblo" in the alley behind my building at 3:00 am.
(Some of us work in the morning around here! Get the hell out!)

Watching the signs go up in foreign languages in my city. Botanica what?
(WTF is that for? If you weren't here in such huge numbers there wouldn't be these illegal alien ghettos around town).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration