Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
No, there isn't.

Wait, answer the following:

Doesn't the "legal" way ALSO take jobs from Americans? How does someone "own" a job? I have a guy that mows my yard (he's a US citizen, don't worry). If I find someone else who will do the same work cheaper, has a job been "stolen"? Or is it only stealing if the new lawn guy was born on the other side of an imaginary line?
If there is no legal way to come here than why do we take in one million a year? The thing is that we cannot take in all the immigrants that want to come here so we have to stick to our quotas so it doesn't negatively impact our own citizens. You cannot or should not come here illegally just because you don't fit into our annual quotas for legal immigrants. Our quotas are based on our employment needs also so no, legal immigrants are not taking jobs from Americans. They have to be paid just as much as an American worker unlike illegals that get paid at a cutrate wages.

There is no imaginery line. All countries have defined borders and you know it. I know many Americans that use to be "lawn guys" before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor.

It isn't about "owning" a job it is about our immigration laws that state that only legal workers can be hired and work in this country.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I know right? It is hilarious how the gov't was perfectly able to pick some number to allow in and we should not question it but somehow failed when writing AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.
What is hilarious is you comparing a goverment ruled by long ago dead people to our government of today. I can only make my concerns known to them, not dead people.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
It is DISGUSTING. Imagine if EVERYONE was concerned with obtaining wealth. Then we'd all just be sitting there. Wealthy.
I have no problem with weathly people that acquired their wealth through legal means and without inflictiing a great deal of pain on their fellow citizens. Guess you don't know the diffference?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have no problem with weathly people that acquired their wealth through legal means and without inflictiing a great deal of pain on their fellow citizens. Guess you don't know the diffference?
I do. Keep assuming your conclusions, obviously you know I disagree that a "great deal of pain" is being inflicted.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Do we need more people who work hard?
There is this thing called legal immigration and work visas.

Are you saying we need more immigrants?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
There is this thing called legal immigration and work visas.

Are you saying we need more immigrants?
Markets can determine that, just like markets determine how many workers migrate between New Jersey and Michigan.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
There's no way for the ones that keep getting brought up on this forum (the ones working construction jobs, the ones possibly on (gasp!) PUBLIC ASSISTANCE etc) to do so.
So you are now complaining we need to bring in more immigrants to be on public assistance?

I know you wouldn't claim it's a job no American will do.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 PM

192 posts, read 115,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So you are now complaining we need to bring in more immigrants to be on public assistance?

I know you wouldn't claim it's a job no American will do.
The immigrant won't be on public assistance. He or she will be working for pvn. And paying taxes.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
The immigrant won't be on public assistance. He or she will be working for pvn. And paying taxes.
Will pvn be legally sponsoring them?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:36 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
There's no way for the ones that keep getting brought up on this forum (the ones working construction jobs, the ones possibly on (gasp!) PUBLIC ASSISTANCE etc) to do so.
Why should we invite those who come here just so they can be on public assistance?

Our immigration system is supposed to encourage the brightest and most skilled of their respective countries to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration