Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Have people here not noticed these new arrivals backing each other up with similar post counts and join dates?

I smell trolls.
Yes, and the smell is becoming a stench.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 2,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Actually, Sharia Law was being allowed in the UK at the time I moved from there back to the USA. As soon as the government approved it there was a spate of young Muslim women's dead bodies being found. Ah! The joys of multiculturalism!
Sharia law in the uk is used for civil rulings for 99.99% of cases, such as settling of estates after death, and the only times it has been used for criminal cases was experimental with full monitoring at all stages by police and the CPS.

The UK has had Jewish courts since the late 19th century too.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 PM

18,410 posts, read 19,061,181 times
Quote:
In answer to your first question regarding reporting it to a supervisor, she was actually there as well. I reported it to the proper authorities, as I have been trained to do. It is law that anyone who works in the health care field must report abuses to a county department which investigates the abuses.

Regarding applying to work for a company which has already been reported for abuses...are you not aware that most care facilities of this type have been reported at one time or another for abuses against clients? Sadly, too many sick abusive people are attracted to a field where there are many potential victims for them. I managed a care facility where I was known as "The Terminator" because I was very, very good at weeding out abusers and making sure they were arrested.

So, what do you think would happen in these places if people like myself refused to apply for work based on the fact that they had previous citations for abuses? What would happen is that you would have nothing but abusive-type employees caring for the extremely vulnerable.

Did they speak English to me? Actually, they were so rude that not only did they not even say "hello" when introduced, they couldn't even offer a smile. That tells me exactly what type of atmosphere I would be working in. The only one who spoke English to me was the supervisor, and she was from India. All the employees were Hispanic.

But I'm content that my contact at the county department will be investigating this business.

I really can't believe the arrogance of those on this forum who truly believe that being in a situation where all of those around you speaking a language you don't understand couldn't be harmful, traumatic and frightening.

My father was in an Alzheimer's/Dementia residential care home here in California while I was living in England. His dementia at that time was low-level and he could still go out on his own. I, and my siblings, would get phone calls from him at night because he was upset that ALL of the employees on that shift spoke only Spanish. His needs were not being met because he could not communicate with them. He would speak to them and request help, but would be ignored. My siblings paid a personal visit at 9:00pm one night and found that dad was telling the truth. I phoned from England and found the same thing. I confronted the owner, who was Fillipino. By this time we were looking for a new place for dad. Finally, one night my dad asked this Mexican guy on the shift to help him find his watch. My dad became upset because the guy either couldn't understand, or pretended not to. Dad tried to grab the guy,s arm to pull him to his room and SHOW him what he wanted and this guy grabbed both of my father's arms and shoved him into a wall. Dad became frightened and ran out the door of the home, into the street, where he narrowly missed being hit by a big pickup truck. The kind young man in the truck phoned the police for dad, as well as my brother. This home was reported by all of us and lost its license. Three other residents also lodged complaints through their families.

My father was in his 80's and only knew English because it is the language of the United States. Was this fair or right, to cause such distress and harm to an elderly man, because foreigners to OUR country were too arrogant to learn OUR language?
thank you for the clarification. I did not know that "most" places have violations.

I have no problems with people speaking any language wherever they are. they should if the job requires be able to speak english and use it when working with their clients and customers.

what happened to your father should never happen to anyone. the home should make sure there are people who can communicate with their clients. a good deal of homes and care facilities are notorious for not being a great place for the elderly. I do think a lot of it has to do with the rate of pay. thanks again for the clarification

Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,212,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Have people here not noticed these new arrivals backing each other up with similar post counts and join dates?

I smell trolls.
I'm one of the "new arrivals" and I admit there are a lot of people now arguing my side. At some point you have to put two plus two together.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM

46 posts, read 24,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I don't understand why. If there was a language that you'd want to teach, wouldn't it be the second most commonly spoken one in the country?
or second/ third most spoken language in the world?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
thank you for the clarification. I did not know that "most" places have violations.

I have no problems with people speaking any language wherever they are. they should if the job requires be able to speak english and use it when working with their clients and customers.

what happened to your father should never happen to anyone. the home should make sure there are people who can communicate with their clients. a good deal of homes and care facilities are notorious for not being a great place for the elderly. I do think a lot of it has to do with the rate of pay. thanks again for the clarification
You are welcome.

And yes, abuse is quite common in most of these places. It os very hard to prevent. As you say, the rate of pay is one reason for so many unqualified employees in this field, as well as the hours, turn-over rate and the difficulty at times. For further clarification, to date I have only had to have one Hispanic employee cited for abuses against clients, and this is counting three facilities in two states where I have been employed in this field, California and Arizona, so my point is not that Hispanic employees are the biggest abusers, nor are men. All of the employees I caught abusing clients were women, and all were white except for one. One of the women I caught was in her late 50's and was sexually abusing a male Alzheimer's patient when I walked into his room and caught her in the act. But, in a way, if they refuse to speak English with clients who only know English, that is mentally or emotionally abusive.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,335,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I'm one of the "new arrivals" and I admit there are a lot of people now arguing my side. At some point you have to put two plus two together.
In this case, 2 + 2 = troll.

You = busted.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,212,600 times
Quote:
You are welcome.

And yes, abuse is quite common in most of these places. It os very hard to prevent. As you say, the rate of pay is one reason for so many unqualified employees in this field, as well as the hours, turn-over rate and the difficulty at times. For further clarification, to date I have only had to have one Hispanic employee cited for abuses against clients, and this is counting three facilities in two states where I have been employed in this field, California and Arizona, so my point is not that Hispanic employees are the biggest abusers, nor are men. All of the employees I caught abusing clients were women, and all were white except for one. One of the women I caught was in her late 50's and was sexually abusing a male Alzheimer's patient when I walked into his room and caught her in the act. But, in a way, if they refuse to speak English with clients who only know English, that is mentally or emotionally abusive.
Just curious, what's the process once you report someone like that?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
That's actually an excellent comparison in a lot of ways. Obviously there was a similar hullaballoo concerning the Chinese in the last century. A fairly large group of people move to the US and self-ghettoized, in many cases never really assimilating at all.

I can't say that it's a particularly good thing. You end up with a reservation, with many of it's own laws and it's own language, plonked down in the middle of a US city. It's a form of colony really. The end game is Yugoslavia.

That really is the main issue with Latinos, there's no ocean between Mexico and the US. The sheer numbers involved will obviously lead to a different conclusion than Chinese immigration. Imagine what would happen if we had an open border policy with Asia, even with their new-found successes. You wouldn't have Chinatown, you'd have Chinastate.

It's a form of cultural evolution really. If your own culture simply doesn't feel the will to live anymore, then it's resources will be co-opted by another. My guess is that the Swiss will exist as a people long after the history of the US becomes a trivia question.
The difference is that this occuring through an unnatural means via illegal immigration. It isn't most Americans who want this. It is our corrupt government and there greedy corporate buds who are doing this to us. We regular Americans do care about our culture, soveirgnty and language and that is why we are fighting illegal immigration which is occuring from mostly one ethnic group and voting the bums in office out. Don't put ever put regular law abiding Americans who care about the heritage of this country in the same catagory as the traitors among us!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
OK, would a "Chinavillage" cropping up in, say, Mukilteo, Washington, Mankato, Minnesota, Dickshooter, Idaho, Yazoo City, Mississippi, Loveladies, New Jersey, and/or Spunky Puddle, Ohio make your culture worse?
Again with the reading comprehension problem. Most Americans don't object to ethnic "business neighborhoods. That isn't the same as an entire culture of peoples as the Mexicans or the Chinese taking over our entire country culturally and politically, especially via illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration