Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 04:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Is this what you have to tell yourself to prevent your head from exploding from the cognitive dissonance of holding the view that there is some significant difference between legal and illegal Hispanic immigrants beyond a legal distinction? You make yourself believe that the illegal immigrants are responsible for all the negative you perceive in your world: the economy, your friends losing their jobs, your disdain for businesses having the audacity to target a different demographic than "white male protestants." I hope you're old man, because you have some long, lonely days ahead of you. Better not lose your internet connection, you'll need your internet friends here to assuage your fears and feed your irrational hatred.
Stick your race card back in your wallet! An English speaking American has every right to expect intercom ads to at least be in English also. I noticed you wouldn't address what I said but went off on a tirade instead of accusing me of hate and irrational fears when there is no truth to that whatsoever. You're the typical pro-illegal that can't debate without insults and that is why I rarely reply to you anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It was said that we didn't "need" (as they should leave the United States) Hispanic dropouts. No comment was made about other ethnicities of dropouts. Not an illegal immigration issue.
I think it is because I would think that most Hispanic-Americans wouldn't be drop outs but more than likely the illegal kind. I could be wrong, however. If it is citizen Hispanics then that is even more alarming, don't you think? There have been stats in here posted as to what group have the highest drop out rates. It was "Hispanics" by far. You figure out then how many of them are illegal aliens.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:38 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Ummm....

You didn't read this part then:
No, I read that part. I just don't agree with it. I agree with this part;

Quote:
A new report show Latinos tend to be slow to mesh with the Anglo-centric mainstream U.S. culture.

Look, the article indicates assimilation is happening, just not as rapidly as needed. Call me the "not pollyanna."

Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
No, I read that part. I just don't agree with it. I agree with this part;

Look, the article indicates assimilation is happening, just not as rapidly as needed. Call me the "not pollyanna."
Quote:
A new report show Latinos tend to be slow to mesh with the Anglo-centric mainstream U.S. culture.
Lol. So we should all be scared because of a description for the link to the actual news story?

By slow they mean: (actually from the article)

Quote:
The report by the Migration Policy Institute said the nation's Latinos generally are having a tougher time when compared to Asian, black and non-Hispanic white immigrants.
Now, I acknowledge that they may be assimilating slower than current Asian, blacks, and non-Hispanic whites. It isn't a problem though as I quoted already and I guess will quote again.

Quote:
But as a whole, the report says fears are unfounded that the nation's estimated 38 million immigrants, legal and illegal, are not being integrated into American life.
In fact, the report says there is evidence that today's immigrants are learning English faster than the last wave of people entering the U.S. at the start of the 20th century.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 06-24-2011 at 04:57 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM

403 posts, read 334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Stick your race card back in your wallet! An English speaking American has every right to expect intercom ads to at least be in English also. I noticed you wouldn't address what I said but went off on a tirade instead of accusing me of hate and irrational fears when there is no truth to that whatsoever. You're the typical pro-illegal that can't debate without insults and that is why I rarely reply to you anymore.
Quote:
Yeah, that looks like assimilation to me...NOT! And I'm not talking about language skills either.
Yeah, there's no truth to that like those immigrants aren't assimilating.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:11 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Yeah, they are just acknowledging their heritage right?

Also, they used English on those signs so there were no demands to know Spanish and no attempt to rape our culture. Chicagonut still mad though.....

Old 06-24-2011, 05:13 PM

403 posts, read 334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post

The article does not say that.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM

118 posts, read 95,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Ummm....

You didn't read this part then:
Naw...he just posted it for the pretty picture.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that looks like assimilation to me...NOT! And I'm not talking about language skills either.
Comprehension skills getting in your way again or did you just not read the link?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
accusing me of hate and irrational fears when there is no truth to that whatsoever. .
Well, there is proof in your posting patterns and unsubstantiated fears which equivocate to irrational. Now, whether you actually believe what you post could be up for debate. But we know your answer to that: mmpphh! mmp! mmphhphh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration