Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
That's not a problem with illegals. That's a problem with criminals. The vast majority of illegals are only ignoring a very, very small subset of laws. And that subset happens to be made up of laws that are unjust.
Illegals are criminals.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
That's not a problem with illegals. That's a problem with criminals. The vast majority of illegals are only ignoring a very, very small subset of laws. And that subset happens to be made up of laws that are unjust.
Unjust in what way? The fact that many entered with a VISA and opted to overstay?
The fact that many entered without having ever even applied for a VISA?
Can either group claim an injustice?
The ones that enter after having been denied a VISA? They are without doubt the minority of illegals. What was unjust? That we didn't just grant anyone who wants to enter a VISA?
Do you really believe that we owe a VISA to any and all who want one?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Another bleeding heart who bows down and worships illegals. I wonder if the mayor thinks the illegals will smite him if he actually holds them accountable for their actions.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggs View Post
WHAT??? You're kidding right??

Are the immigration laws "unjust"??? Is identity fraud to obtain a job, services, hospital care, rental or home purchase, etc., etc. unjust?? Are the laws to properly train to drive a motor vehicle, become licensed to drive it, and carry liability insurance to protect someone else from their stupid mistakes unjust??

Take a minute to consider what you posted!
I'm not kidding.

Violently interfering with my decisions as to who I do business with is unjust.

Telling people they can't come here to work unless they jump through a bunch of arbitrary hoops, most of which they aren't even allowed to jump through even if they want to, is 100% unjust.

The fact that people have to use a bogus ID number because a bunch of bozos somewhere else demand people have one to work, and then prohibit some people from getting one is unjust. Is this "fraud"? Yes, in a technical sense. Who is actually harmed by it, though? We're talking about victimless crimes here that mostly exist just so certain people can be discriminated against, excluded and marginalized. That's unjust.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Illegals are criminals.
Have you ever driven faster than the speed limit?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Have you ever hopped the border?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:

Good grief! No wonder your country is besieged with these cretins who won't observe your constitution when you yourself won't even defend the thing!

You are prepared to equate the criminality (tenuous at best) of speeding, to illegal aliens stealing identities of your citizens?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you seriously believe laws against people from foreign countries entering to take advantage of your largess are pointless and unfair?

This attitude is beyond my understanding and I'm not ashamed to admit it while not even being a citizen of your country.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Good grief! No wonder your country is besieged with these cretins who won't observe your constitution when you yourself won't even defend the thing!

You are prepared to equate the criminality (tenuous at best) of speeding, to illegal aliens stealing identities of your citizens?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you seriously believe laws against people from foreign countries entering to take advantage of your largess are pointless and unfair?

This attitude is beyond my understanding and I'm not ashamed to admit it while not even being a citizen of your country.
Great post, you said it perfectly.

Apparently to the pro-criminals, because our generous immigration system is "unjust", then it is perfectly fine for criminals to break into our country.

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Well you are not alone. Many of us struggle with the excuses made by the pro-illegal crowd.
I myself who is in fact married to a legal immigrant can not fathom the logic of just allowing any and all to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Have you ever hopped the border?
No. What difference does this make?

Have you ever broken the speed limit? Yes or no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration