U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,592,401 times
Reputation: 1270

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Jesus Christ, the amount of times we have to rephrase simple things until you guys understand them.

1. You don't want to give your money to places that employ illegals
2. That is because illegals ____________________

Fill in that blank for me.
Can someone please explain to this person that I have already explained that so that we don't have to have a discussion like this again? Don't you understand? I'm too uninterested in repeating myself because people such as yourself in this debate hate to leave a debate with nothing to say, so you throw some words together and hope to reopen things. I even explained it in my last reply. Your tactics suck. LOL "Jesus Christ" is right. You're too obvious, you and the others here like yourself. Ya'll need to start coming more straight forward.

 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Can someone please explain to this person that I have already explained that so that we don't have to have a discussion like this again? Don't you understand? I'm too uninterested in repeating myself because people such as yourself in this debate hate to leave a debate with nothing to say, so you throw some words together and hope to reopen things. I even explained it in my last reply. Your tactics suck. LOL "Jesus Christ" is right. You're too obvious, you and the others here like yourself. Ya'll need to start coming more straight forward.
We try to break down trains of thought so that each argument can be had on its own. No one here likes that, mostly because they NEVER think about their arguments in isolation and instead have conclusions which are then backed with a mishmash of supporting arguments that they do not individually attempt to justify.

Hence, when you say you don't want to give business to illegal immigrants but are willing to give business to legal Mexican operations abroad, I wondered why? What is the essential difference between those two? You have refused or been unable to elaborate at all on this, only saying that it's a "personal choice" or some empty argument along those lines.

I mean, we try to break down these massive threads into one discussion at a time, and no one can handle it. These aren't "tactics" of debate, they are ways of actually understanding what other people believe.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,331 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
We try to break down trains of thought so that each argument can be had on its own. No one here likes that, mostly because they NEVER think about their arguments in isolation and instead have conclusions which are then backed with a mishmash of supporting arguments that they do not individually attempt to justify.

Hence, when you say you don't want to give business to illegal immigrants but are willing to give business to legal Mexican operations abroad, I wondered why? What is the essential difference between those two? You have refused or been unable to elaborate at all on this, only saying that it's a "personal choice" or some empty argument along those lines.

I mean, we try to break down these massive threads into one discussion at a time, and no one can handle it. These aren't "tactics" of debate, they are ways of actually understanding what other people believe.
This sums it up nicely.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,331 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Where did that exchange occur? You guys are hilarious.
I was making a prediction. I've seen this or very similar lines of argumentation several times before, I was just guessing that that is where you were going to take it.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 04:39 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Duh.

Because the only reason to oppose the massive importation of low skilled people who don't speak English, pay little in taxes and use welfare in the middle of a recession is because you're a racist!



It would be really nice if people reserved the accusation of racism for those who really are racists. But that leaves very few reasons to support illegals so I'm not surprised.

The real racism is the racism that believes that some people are simply too stupid to adhere to internationally agreed upon borders or learn English before moving here or fix up their own countries instead of coming to America in the middle of a recession. The pro-illegal stance is insanely paternalistic. Why those brown people can't help themselves! They can't be expected to obey laws like everyone else! They can't be expected to stay in school and refrain from fathering children they cannot afford. Oh no. Let's just change the laws so they don't have to do any of those things. Besides they obey some laws. Isn't it wonderful how they obey the laws that state they can get food stamps if they have children! And they even pay a little bit of taxes here and there. Just wonderful! Let's grade them on a curve and protect them from those nasty rotten Americans who don't speak Spanish.

It's santimonious condescension masquarading as alleged concern.
The real bigots and racists in this issue are those who think their ethnic kind here illegally should be above our laws. The more hard core ones are relishing the thought of a Hispanic take over of our country via illegal immigration. There is nothing "natural" about that and it is racist to the core.

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-20-2011 at 04:47 PM..
 
Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 791,691 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Duh.

Because the only reason to oppose the massive importation of low skilled people who don't speak English, pay little in taxes and use welfare in the middle of a recession is because you're a racist!

It's not the only reason.

Quote:
It would be really nice if people reserved the accusation of racism for those who really are racists. But that leaves very few reasons to support illegals so I'm not surprised.
Well, if you read the posts in this forum, it's pretty hard to conclude anything but that, and I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, big time. There are literally thousands of posts complaining about how awful it is to have to hear people speak spanish, or have to see mexicans in wal-mart, or mexicans this or mexicans that.

If it quacks like a duck....
 
Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Destrehan, Louisiana
2,192 posts, read 6,052,702 times
Reputation: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post

What is an anti-illegals? Is that an American who only wants documented workers here?

I have 37 guys working for me and all of them are here legally with papers, twic cards, temporary work visa's etc. and even they will tell you that the illegals need to go back home and enter this country legally.


busta
 
Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Destrehan, Louisiana
2,192 posts, read 6,052,702 times
Reputation: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
The US Gov't could issue Work Authorization documents to these individuals, giving them the legal right to work and be here. If this process is expedited they can get can back into the fields before this causes a serious strain to Georgia's agricultural economy.
The problem is that these work authorizations should have been processed before they even illegally crossed our boarders. And the don't have any legal rights to work here are a job.

busta
 
Old 07-20-2011, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Destrehan, Louisiana
2,192 posts, read 6,052,702 times
Reputation: 3600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I agree and think the process needs to be expedited, but I would go further and say that there should also be a path to legal citizenship included in this somehow. If a person is willing to come over here and do this type of work for some period of time they should be allowed to become citizens.

What type of work are you talking about that they should be allowed to do. Is it labor? how will you feel when they come here and get an education and start taking jobs away from you?

Oh I get it. It's OK to take labor jobs away but when they start taking accountants, lawyers, and other professional jobs away you will see the problem with this.

Well I have some news for you. Let these illegals in as laborers and they will have kids that will get an education and take you and your families jobs away. You really think they are coming here to do hard work?

busta
 
Old 07-20-2011, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,240,671 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What is an anti-illegals? Is that an American who only wants documented workers here?

I have 37 guys working for me and all of them are here legally with papers, twic cards, temporary work visa's etc. and even they will tell you that the illegals need to go back home and enter this country legally.


busta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
The problem is that these work authorizations should have been processed before they even illegally crossed our boarders. And the don't have any legal rights to work here are a job.

busta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What type of work are you talking about that they should be allowed to do. Is it labor? how will you feel when they come here and get an education and start taking jobs away from you?

Oh I get it. It's OK to take labor jobs away but when they start taking accountants, lawyers, and other professional jobs away you will see the problem with this.

Well I have some news for you. Let these illegals in as laborers and they will have kids that will get an education and take you and your families jobs away. You really think they are coming here to do hard work?

busta
And your right.

People who obey the rules HATE being cut in front of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top