Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
So, if being jewish were made illegal, and a president refused to round up jews and put them in prisons because of their religion... he should be impeached?

Laws can be (and often are) wrong. Immigration laws in the United States are wrong. Non-violent people shouldn't be imprisoned, and people shouldn't have to navigate a ridiculous bureaucracy to come here.

It does not matter. All countries have immigration laws. Why do we have to be the only ones to have ones that will allow ANYONE to come here? Why?

Ugh, you just don't get it.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Same applies to this country.. According to you those people are free to go as they please.

There are laws protecting random folks from going into your house without your permission...and you think it is okay for anyone to come to the United States without going through the proper channels?

Hypocritical much?

We have the right to dictate who can come here legally or not. Just as you have the dictate who is allowed into your home.
Not the same at all... unless you're a communist. My house is my property - I own it. I can choose who I want to come on my property. If I choose to let someone who happens to be an illegal alien rent a room in my house, it's my choice.

And no, there weren't always laws restricting immigration into the United States.

You're suggesting putting peaceful people (families) in cages and shipping them to another country because you believe so strongly that the representative who penned the US immigration code did so in such a way that it was fair to people who he or she didn't even represent.

I'm suggesting that the law is wrong, and that people should be able to come and go as they please in a free country. Hence the term "free".

Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It does not matter. All countries have immigration laws. Why do we have to be the only ones to have ones that will allow ANYONE to come here? Why?
Because we believe in freedom?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Just how much are you willing to see your tax bill go up to pay for a full deportation of all illegals? We have illegals from Mexico, most of Central America, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and we can expect a wave of illegal Greeks and Spanish citizens to start showing up any day now.

We are still paying for 2 wars that were put on the credit card and we are making the minimum payment to keep the credit going. We are talking about millions of people here. If you think the wars are expensive, start thinking about the costs of deportation. The cost would drop us in a deep black hole, and the only way to pay for it is from lots and lots and lots of taxes, all of which could be much better spent in hundreds of ways.

It would become another war on drugs, but with even much more money wasted completely. How much more squandering on stupidity like this can we stand?

The problem of illegal immigration is a tin can that has been kicked down the road now for almost 40 years by Presidents, Representatives and Senators alike. They are all accountable. I suggest you start by impeaching your own Representative first, then work your way up.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM

178 posts, read 412,632 times
Our country is turning into a joke. Illegal is now legal, no wonder we are turning into a Banana Republic.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 AM

321 posts, read 362,972 times
Illegal Aliens must all be deported. You would think Obama's Economic Team would realize this as a way to reduce unemployment and open up jobs to Americans.

But he will not deport them, he just recently approved back door amnesty.

Obama has decided to choose votes over jobs

Barack Obama: Buying voters and giving away America for re election..

Even if the country implodes....

Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Just how much are you willing to see your tax bill go up to pay for a full deportation of all illegals? We have illegals from Mexico, most of Central America, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and we can expect a wave of illegal Greeks and Spanish citizens to start showing up any day now.

We are still paying for 2 wars that were put on the credit card and we are making the minimum payment to keep the credit going. We are talking about millions of people here. If you think the wars are expensive, start thinking about the costs of deportation. The cost would drop us in a deep black hole, and the only way to pay for it is from lots and lots and lots of taxes, all of which could be much better spent in hundreds of ways.

It would become another war on drugs, but with even much more money wasted completely. How much more squandering on stupidity like this can we stand?

The problem of illegal immigration is a tin can that has been kicked down the road now for almost 40 years by Presidents, Representatives and Senators alike. They are all accountable. I suggest you start by impeaching your own Representative first, then work your way up.
Uugh... so because the country created a stupid social welfare system, and a stupid "war on drugs," we must also have a stupid immigration policy? How about we stop arresting non-violent people... that'd be a pretty big money savings, eh? There's a problem when you're more likely to be put in prison in the United States than in any other country on earth (including Russia and China). How about ending legal plunder, rather than putting non-violent people in jail?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Lefties love law breakers. They provide as much cover and propaganda for them as they can.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Uugh... so because the country created a stupid social welfare system, and a stupid "war on drugs," we must also have a stupid immigration policy? How about we stop arresting non-violent people... that'd be a pretty big money savings, eh? There's a problem when you're more likely to be put in prison in the United States than in any other country on earth (including Russia and China). How about ending legal plunder, rather than putting non-violent people in jail?
That is so damn untrue and you know it. You need a real lesson in the real world.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Isn't the president part of the executive branch?
And should be enforcing the laws of the country?

Can anyone, esp. O supporters, tell us why the current president
is above the law
and can decide that we will NOT deport illegals unless the commit a crime?

(not to mention that the FIRST thing they did on our soil was commit a crime,
by coming here ILLEGALLY)

(This is indeed politics and not just illegal immigration which is why this is in this forum.)
A little context of these allegations would be nice, maybe a link, or some facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration