Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There are people starving in every nation on earth, including in the US. Just because we don't tend to notice does not mean they don't exist.
Thanks for agreeing with me that we have our own starving Americans. We DON'T need more mouths to feed in the US if they come here illegal.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Mexico would be far better if Americans stopped consuming drugs. Or stopped making asinine assumptions about a country and people they clearly have no real-world experience with.
Quit blaming Mexico's problems on what SOME American do In the US. It's the Mexican people killing other Mexicans in their country over drugs.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
So someone can't be starving or homeless without a family? Why do you assume that the only reason they have these issues is because they were too irresponsible to stop having children? Talk about ignorant.
Quote:
So it's suicide for you then. How gracious and noble.
I guessing you're discussing Haitians where things ARE very bad: there are few illegal alien Haitians here but LOTS of illegal Mexicans. Let Mexico take care of its own people: Mexico is quite rich.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Thanks for agreeing with me that we have our own starving Americans. We DON'T need more mouths to feed in the US if they come here illegal.
That wasn't the question, though. It was if YOU, as a hypothetical starving person, would make the decision to keep on starving, or to cross a border illegally in the hopes that you will find something better. Based on your answer, you would be happy to starve, which goes against every logical thought process, not to mention biological self-preservation.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Quit blaming Mexico's problems on what SOME American do In the US. It's the Mexican people killing other Mexicans in their country over drugs.
I didn't say all of Mexico's problems are the fault of the US, but the drug war is, sorry to say, mostly because of the US. There would not be that level of violence if there wasn't so much money to be made on importing drugs to American consumers. It's all about supply and demand, and the demand really isn't in Mexico.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
That wasn't the question, though. It was if YOU, as a hypothetical starving person, would make the decision to keep on starving, or to cross a border illegally in the hopes that you will find something better. Based on your answer, you would be happy to starve, which goes against every logical thought process, not to mention biological self-preservation.
IF I did what you said: I would keep my mouth SHUT and NOT call attention to myself. And name me ONE country whose land touches the US where starving is a worry. Think about it: water keeps lots of people OUT of other places.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I guessing you're discussing Haitians where things ARE very bad: there are few illegal alien Haitians here but LOTS of illegal Mexicans. Let Mexico take care of its own people: Mexico is quite rich.
Does Haiti have a border with the US that I'm not aware of? Logistically, it's a lot harder for a Haitian to get to the US than for a Mexican. There are also far fewer Haitians than Mexicans.

When's the last time you went to Mexico?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I didn't say all of Mexico's problems are the fault of the US, but the drug war is, sorry to say, mostly because of the US. There would not be that level of violence if there wasn't so much money to be made on importing drugs to American consumers. It's all about supply and demand, and the demand really isn't in Mexico.
A nice, tall fence with lots of guards with authority to use their weapons would stop most drugs coming into the US AND would keep MOST illegal aliens OUT.

Most drugs are going to Europe from Mexico, NOT the US, today so you need to talk with the people there about your worries about Mexico.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
IF I did what you said: I would keep my mouth SHUT and NOT call attention to myself. And name me ONE country whose land touches the US where starving is a worry. Think about it: water keeps lots of people OUT of other places.
So then in fact you WOULD be an illegal immigrant under those conditions. Thanks, glad to see some honestly finally. Isn't it awesome how all of the moral posturing evaporates when simple luxuries like being able to eat go away.

And you brought up Haiti and asked why there aren't that many Haitian immigrants considering what a sh*thole their country is right now. You just answered your own question.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Does Haiti have a border with the US that I'm not aware of? Logistically, it's a lot harder for a Haitian to get to the US than for a Mexican. There are also far fewer Haitians than Mexicans.

When's the last time you went to Mexico?
I won't go into Mexico. I'm not that stupid. Let Mexico clean up its own mess. They made their bed; let them sleep in it. We don't owe them a thing. Again, Mexico isn't poor, it's one of the richest countries in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration