Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,497 times

Advertisements

The OP's title should be The United States was founded by..... the Declaration of Confederacy.
Or, if he/she is referring to persons than it would be by as many as all known nations of history, since the Chinese write about trees of red along the now CA coast back in 498AD, the Vikings along the NE coast in 1000AD, the Red haired giant mummies of Utah 7000BC, the Solutrean's (Europeans here - 16000 BC) prior to the Clovis Period (11,000 BC) of which today's modern Indians are presumed to be from. How about the aboriginal mummy off Tierra Del Fuego (20,000BC).

Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.
The native American Indians weren't angels either: many of them were warlike towards other nations. Which has NOTHING to do with today's illegal alien problems.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
tluv00, please name the country and law that was broken by our European ancestors.
The OP crashed and burned. I doubt he/she will be returning. They can't argue with the truth.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh for god sakes.

Asking people to obey our immigration laws, learn our language and not use our social services is a perfectly rational action not some sort of offense against human rights. Every country (including most latino nations) makes those sort of demands on foreign nationals.

My relatives came here legally at the invitation of the American government. They were examined closely for contagious diseases knowing they would have been sent home no questions asked and no appeal possible. They were fleeing pograms which were periodic murderous lynchings against people who shared their religion. They learned English. They sure as hell did not expect Americans to learn Yiddish or provide them with $300 a month for food just because they gave birth on American soil.

They didn't march down the street waving Austro-Hungarian empire flags. They sure as hell didn't steal anyone's land or kill anyone. They didn't demand that Americans pay their medical bills or provide ESL teachers for their kids or subsidized housing for their elderly relatives.

You know what else they did? They celebrated the 4th of July. They showed pride in this country. They were happy and yes even grateful. They sure as hell did not go around screeching that Americans were horrible racists when the doors were shut in 1924 even though that literally condemned some of my relatives to the true death camps of the holocaust.

If you're going to talk about my relatives (and the relatives of most anti-illegals) at least be accurate.
It isn't accurate to say "legally at the invitation of the American government" for any period, place, or peoples, immigrating to the United States. The Austro-Hungarian Empire was known for multiple language use across its subjects, ignored for YOur comment, along with unmentioned enclaves and the pattern of not intermarrying with other populations for YOUr specific ancestry. Revisionist history is very common for us to make on our immigrant ancestors.

All of mine came much before Ellis Island, but I'm not of any opinion to define a legality (in the absence of immigration law at the time for their ethnicity) for coming here, much less to say it was by "invitation"...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Illegal Immigrants. Ask the Native Americans. You are all hypocrites and are the descendants of illegal immigrants. Of course back then they where called Pioneers and Explorers but it's the same difference.
This is the kind of garbage uneducated people use as a defense.

1. "Native Americans" came here from somewhere else ( quite possibly over the Bering Strait.

2. Their failure to control their "borders" meant they lost and were overtaken ( BTW this happens to all people and Nations that FAIL at this)

3. No laws at the time meant no laws broken.

4. "Native Americans" had no Nation and no pan-Indian unity and warred against themselves.

No hypocrisy at all only your uneducated and very lame assumptions.

I suggest doing a little research, read a few books or watch an educational program to enlighten yourself.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It isn't accurate to say "legally at the invitation of the American government" for any period, place, or peoples, immigrating to the United States. The Austro-Hungarian Empire was known for multiple language use across its subjects, ignored for YOur comment, along with unmentioned enclaves and the pattern of not intermarrying with other populations for YOUr specific ancestry. Revisionist history is very common for us to make on our immigrant ancestors.

All of mine came much before Ellis Island, but I'm not of any opinion to define a legality (in the absence of immigration law at the time for their ethnicity) for coming here, much less to say it was by "invitation"...
Most didn't come by invitation but they certainly did come legally through Ellis Island and prior to that. In the absence of immigration law then one couldn't come illegally.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Correct! You can shift the labels around, but it doesn't change the definition.

They were thieves and killers much worse than the illegals of today (nicely labeled as Pioneers).

Now those thieves and killers still take the land of other nations (nicely labeled as politicians, corporations and military).

What comes around, goes around!
Another person living in denial, how convenient.

You just omitted the fact that your"Mexican Indians" Aztecs and Mayans routinely had human sacrifice, bloodsports anfd killed each other on a regular basis.

Try educating yourself on the matter before posting. Here try reading this A History of Violence: The Aztecs [Human Sacrifice]
Violence in Aztec Society Research | 13th Century Papers | Papermasters.com

There was also a program awhile back that had Mexican Scientists
The Enigma of Aztec Sacrifice
Motivation for Cannibalism: Theories / Aztec Sacrifice and Cannibalism

Oh the HORROR ??? Studies by Latino anthropologists ( Are They also Racists???? )Cannibalism Confirmed Among Ancient Mexican Group

Latino Americans have documented Native American violence. And specifically Mexican historians have done so also.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

Oh yes it is accurate. My ancestors were both legal according to the laws of the day and expressly welcomed by the American government who wanted skilled laborers like my relatives to help settle this country. My ancestors, like many legal immigrants of the day (and unlike the massive numbers of illegals today who don't even have the high school diploma most contemporary Americans have), were actually more skilled than natives. Once they decided they'd had enough they shut the doors. The doors were shut from 1924 to 1965 in order to allow LEGAL immigrants to assimilate. The Austro-Hungarian Empire split up in part because of too many special interests vying for power based on ethnicity.

The only revisionist history is, as usual, yours.

We as Americans today have the exact same right. We have the inherent right to decide who is welcomed here and who is not. No one has the right to ignore our laws and overrule our democracy, let alone demand benefits for having done so as illegals do.

Tell me why you think otherwise.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
It gets even funnier when you consider the fact that when Mexico gained its independence Americans were allowed to immigrate to Tejas or Texas as it is referred to today. In 1830 Mexico stopped American immigration because they prohibited slavery which resulted in illegal American immigrants leading the war of Tejas secession. Over time the newly established state of Texas was in the control of those illegal white immigrants whose descendants now complain about Mexicans coming over the border to lands that they used to control. Who says Americans don't get irony.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh yes it is accurate. My ancestors were both legal according to the laws of the day and expressly welcomed by the American government who wanted skilled laborers like my relatives to help settle this country. My ancestors, like many legal immigrants of the day (and unlike the massive numbers of illegals today who don't even have the high school diploma most contemporary Americans have), were actually more skilled than natives. Once they decided they'd had enough they shut the doors. The doors were shut from 1924 to 1965 in order to allow LEGAL immigrants to assimilate. The Austro-Hungarian Empire split up in part because of too many special interests vying for power based on ethnicity.

The only revisionist history is, as usual, yours.

We as Americans today have the exact same right. We have the inherent right to decide who is welcomed here and who is not. No one has the right to ignore our laws and overrule our democracy, let alone demand benefits for having done so as illegals do.

Tell me why you think otherwise.
I think I just heard a pin drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.