Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/ny...it_ur_20120621

More than half of all of African-Americans and other non-Hispanic blacks in the city who were old enough to work had no job at all this year, according to an analysis of employment data compiled by the federal Labor Department. And when black New Yorkers lose their jobs, they spend a full year, on average, trying to find new jobs — far longer than New Yorkers of other races.

I think we should be helping our own people find jobs rather than those here illegally. Obama is stabbing his own people in the back for the sake of a few votes.

I voted for him in 2008 and I'll be damned if I'll make that mistake again.
I don't know what black people are thinking, to vote for him this time around, after he's shown what he's made of.

It might be different if we had full employment and if the Latinos showed an interest in our culture and used English as their primary language when in public.
I agree. It's sickening. We literally don't have jobs for our own people. And what are the politicians and Latinos focused on? Importing MORE Latinos into our economy! The New York Times is insane on this issue. Literally. I read the paper every single day. Each week they run two kinds of stories: a) the economy sucks and b) give illegals citizenship including work permits, the right to vote and access to our welfare system and schools.

Why is the solution to our economic problems making life easier for Mexicans? Why in the middle of a great recession are we supposed to care five seconds about what people from Latin America want? Our own people cannot find jobs. And all that many Latinos and their leaders have to say is that none of that matters. That all that matters is that Latinos want a better life for themselves (i.e. more stuff) and somehow Americans are morally and ethically bound to give it to them! It's crazy.

Don't kid yourself. Romney is not going to be any better either. Neither party cares about the needs of middle class Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As some do all illegals and all legals? Some might do those jobs but what percentage? Certainly the ones I work with are not them. As I said the legals hired by the compny tend to be much more grounded and easier to reason with.
The operative word is LEGAL. When you conflate legal immigration with illegal immigration, you adopt the pro-illegal strategy of obfuscation and deception. I will be the first to admit that legal immigration has enhanced our country. Heck, if not for my great-grandparents choosing to leave Germany for a life in the U.S., I would not exist. In addition, my son, whom I love more than life itself, is the product of legal immigration. His dad entered this country on a student visa, and is now a surgeon saving countless lives. So yes, I embrace legal immigrants, and believe most make a positive contribution to our country.

On the other hand, massive ILLEGAL immigration has done nothing but depress wages, displace workers, overcrowd classrooms, overwhelm hospitals, and burden taxpayers. . . . to name a few. They have no respect for our laws or the citizens of this country. There's a different mindset among the law-abiding and the lawless, and you know it. Not to mention, this issue has also served to divide us by portraying opposition to illegal immigration as opposition to Hispanics, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Can we please limit the discussions on this forum to illegal immigration, and not fall into the pro-illegal trap of legitimizing illegal aliens as being the same as legal immigrants? There's a huge difference; and, only the disingenuous refuse to make that distinction. It would be similar to considering a shoplifter the same as a paying customer simply because they both leave a store with merchandise.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:47 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,218,394 times
I was listening to CNN and there was an illegal who stated a year ago he was an illegal. He was a journalist for Time Magazine.

Not once did they bring up the fact that the fellow got here illegally. That was ignored as the CNN anchor who supported him as the conversation went on. Not, why didn't you get in line with everyone else who came here legally?

Now I know there are laws for all of us.. we know if we break a law and found guilty we are to pay the price of what we did illegally. Isn't this sending a message to ignore laws and do what we want and hope for pardon? Good is bad today, and bad is deemed good. There is no standard today. None, and it will be the ruin of this country.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,522,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I was listening to CNN and there was an illegal who stated a year ago he was an illegal. He was a journalist for Time Magazine.

Not once did they bring up the fact that the fellow got here illegally. That was ignored as the CNN anchor who supported him as the conversation went on. Not, why didn't you get in line with everyone else who came here legally?

Now I know there are laws for all of us.. we know if we break a law and found guilty we are to pay the price of what we did illegally. Isn't this sending a message to ignore laws and do what we want and hope for pardon? Good is bad today, and bad is deemed good. There is no standard today. None, and it will be the ruin of this country.
I look at it as a case of neglect. US neglected to enforce the laws while our businesses capitalized off these people. Now they have been here for a while, graduated from US schools...set down roots. It's time to do what's right and allow them to stay.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I look at it as a case of neglect. US neglected to enforce the laws while our businesses capitalized off these people. Now they have been here for a while, graduated from US schools...set down roots. It's time to do what's right and allow them to stay.
They took advantage of that fact, pushed down our wages and used our resources without paying for them. When we have no jobs for our own people it's time to finally demand illegals leave. They were lucky we educated them even while many haven't even bothered to graduate from high school. We don't owe foreigners who voluntarily broke our laws a damned thing.

We might choose to let some of them stay when the economy recovers. But that decision must be ours not theirs.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Totally disgree. Why should we regular law abiding citizens pay for the neglect by our government and their greedy employer counterparts by these illegal aliens being allowed to stay here and continue working jobs that belong to us? Why shouldn't we have the right to insist the goverment correct their neglects by doing the right thing for regular Americans by deporting these illegal aliens? Why do we have to sacrifice our jobs and taxes for illegal aliens just because the higher ups screwed up? Doing what's right is doing what is right for Americans not illegal aliens.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,522,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Totally disgree. Why should we regular law abiding citizens pay for the neglect by our government and their greedy employer counterparts by these illegal aliens being allowed to stay here and continue working jobs that belong to us? Why shouldn't we have the right to insist the goverment correct their neglects by doing the right thing for regular Americans by deporting these illegal aliens? Why do we have to sacrifice our jobs and taxes for illegal aliens just because the higher ups screwed up? Doing what's right is doing what is right for Americans not illegal aliens.
I disagree, the government of the US and its corporations are made up of the people. For decades the "law abiding regular Americans" have capitalized off illegals, including the housing boom which was serviced by illegals. Lives were toyed with and now kids, all of whom Americans capitalized off when things were good.

I am not arguing further, we have different perspectives...

You blame the illegals and their kids.
I blame the US government and its corporations.

All are at fault honestly, except the kids....

Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I disagree, the government of the US and its corporations are made up of the people. For decades the "law abiding regular Americans" have capitalized off illegals, including the housing boom which was serviced by illegals. Lives were toyed with and now kids, all of whom Americans capitalized off when things were good.

Most Americans have done none of this. Instead we were handed the bill so that Mexican nationals could have kids they could not afford and send home money to prop up an oligarchy. Our lives were toyed with. We've been told by a selfish ethnic lobby to learn a foreign language, finance the education of foreigners and endure lowered wages and increased competition for jobs. It's about time that finally stopped.

Illegals knew the risks when they came here. They should not be rewarded in the middle of an awful recession. If a 24 year old Mexican national does not like it tough. He can blame his parents instead of literally making insane demands on already overburdened Americans. I'm sick and tired of his economic desires always being placed above the needs of this country's people.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:

No, they aren't the voice of regular law abiding Americans. They are the voice of the greedy and corrupt. We law abiding Americans did not capitalize off of illegal aliens we suffered the consequences of them being here like the loss of our jobs, increases in our taxes and our crowded schools, jails and hospitals. The costs of housing did not go down with illegal aliens building them they went up, many were built shoddily and the builders just pocketed the profits. Just what things were good about them being here?

There is not one area were the presence of millions of illegal aliens have benefited us regular Americans. Lives were toyed with? Again, look to the greedy and corrupt then and what about their own personal responsibility? These illegal aliens took the chance of messing up their lives by coming here illegally and toying with their own lives. They aren't innocent babes in all of this.

No, I blame our government, the greedy employers AND the illegal aliens. They all three are equally guilty. The kids they dragged here might not be guilty of crossing our border illegally by their own decision but that shouldn't grant them a stay here. That would just be rewarding their parents the original lawbreakers. Why is it you don't hold the illegal aliens guilty at all? Most are adults and know right from wrong.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:09 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,737,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The insult specifically called out my wife...
Unemployed riding the UE dime rather than working. The point is work is available. They prefer to leach off the system rather than go to work... There is a huge difference in no jobs available and jobs that dont pay what we are used to. This means they opted to remain unemployed . We can't blame that on immigrants.
Violent felons was thrown in to the thread that had mass delete due to what the anti's said that night. Your anti partners defended the violent felons saying they were citizens and should come first. take that up with Purple rain.
The insult was minor but the intent was clear and unjustified.
It also opened my eyes.....

Never said you. Please show me where I did. What I said is there are anti's who are and I know this for a fact after having pvt conversasions with them. Your allies are the ones who give all anti-illegals the black eye.
I am sorry if the truth offends you but at the end of the day like you, I am entitled to and stand by my opinion regarding the need for a moratorium on all immigration until America gets it's house in order. Whether you agree with me or not as an American it is just as personal for me as it is for you. For decades no administration has monitored or dealt with the problem of legal or illegal immigation. With the economy in the toilet and no real enforcement or solution proposed by anyone for more than 2.5 decades, both the number of legal and illegal immigrants is simply out of control. Add to that the number of recently unemployed but employable Americans and we have a massive problem in this country. There are millions of people here and nobody knows who they are or if they had visas and if so, when their visas expired. It does not mean that everyone who feels this way is "anti-immigrant", it's just common sense. Additionally, never have I stated anything in defense of convicted felons. Because you disagreed with my statement regarding putting US citizens before admittance of more foreigners, during your tantrum and in your, blind rage you knowingly and deliberately made an untrue statement about me. In the future I would appreciate you refraining from making and attributing false statements to or about me.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 06-22-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration