Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srands View Post
Why do I have to push 1 to hear message in english? Why in walmart are all the signs in spanish? Just a question!
Why do all countries around the globe have to speak english?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
How about this, stop posting your stories and start posting facts.
They are facts, why dont you stop posting your BS bleeding heart crap. Why because we can!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont like my facts, move on and dont read them.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I can't speak to what all Mexicans really think of the USA and Americans, but I can tell you about a typical experience I've had with my neighbors.

Last July 4TH a local business in the area purchased hundreds of American flags. They were relatively small, about a foot across. The company then attached them on two foot wooden poles and paper clipped their business card to the flag. The company then hired some kids to go throughout the neighborhood, and stick the flags in people lawns near the curb about a foot or so from the street.

Now my neighbors two doors down are Mexicans. I honestly at this point don't know how many people are living in that house, at least 18, probably more. But I digress. Anyway, getting back to the point, one night before bed I was sitting on my porch smoking a cigar, and I saw one of the adult males walk up to the flag, look around quickly, then kick the flag into the street. He then laughed and went into the house.

Now last week, another guy from the house got into his little ford sedan and backed up 50 feet all the way onto my front lawn. My house is on the east side of the street, his vehicle was parked facing south on the west side of the street. He kept going until he hit a tree and put out his brake light. He actually backed his vehicle up all the way across my front lawn stopping just a foot of so from the front bedroom of my house. He actually came to a stop just a few feet from my gas meter. He then peeled out and left two very long tire marks across my front lawn. Along with the red plastic debris from his broken tail light. I confronted him about it and he just snickered. I didn't call the police because I didn't want to esculate the situation, especially since there was really no property damage.

These are not isolated incidents. These are very typical incidents that I've actually observed. So to answer the OP's question, "What do Mexicans really think about the USA and Americans?" Not much. We are something to be used and taken advantage of.

I can't say that I am surprised. One day I saw a whole truck load of workers (probably illegals) cut across someone's lawn because they didn't want to wait at the light. It wasn't like they were in a hurry, they just slowly drove through the front yard and down the side yard. I wonder what happened to the home's sprinkler system...

Old 10-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Why do all countries around the globe have to speak english?
They dont they can speak their native tongue, and when I go there, I speak in there's ,it is called respect. I would never Expect another country to cater to me nor would I demand it.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I can't say that I am surprised. One day I saw a whole truck load of workers (probably illegals) cut across someone's lawn because they didn't want to wait at the light. It wasn't like they were in a hurry, they just slowly drove through the front yard and down the side yard. I wonder what happened to the home's sprinkler system...
Hrmm can't seem to find the non-immigrant part of the forum so I can post some stories about Rednecks shooting cows from the back of a truck, or rich people laying rubber on my streets with their new Ferrari's.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
The bottom line is that if they hate America and Americans, they should leave on their own. If any of us went illegally to another country to live and then marched around, shouting obscenities and treasonous statements, and burning the flag of that country, we'd be rounded up, jailed, and deported. Rightly so.

And if they don't want to abide by the results/boundaries of war, let's call in Spain and tell them to take Mexico back, shall we? This is just flat-out ridiculous!

I saw on CNN yesterday that the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT was meeting in California about OUR immigration laws! What is it going to take for our government to enforce our own laws and tell Mexico to mind its own business? God knows, they've got enough of their own problems -- they just lack the will to deal with it.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They dont they can speak their native tongue, and when I go there, I speak in there's ,it is called respect. I would never Expect another country to cater to me nor would I demand it.
I am not talking pleasure travel, I am talking business. Every business call I am in globally they are speaking english.

Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Germans..Mexicans they all are speaking english...why is that?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Mach what is the apostrophe for in "Ferrari's"?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I am not talking pleasure travel, I am talking business. Every business call I am in globally they are speaking english.

Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Germans..Mexicans they all are speaking english...why is that?
So if everyone speaks English, why dont the illegals? And if you lived in another country would you expect them and demand they learn English to communicate with you?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
English is now the universal business language. The EU voted for English to be the official language, and you don't see the Germans, Swedes, Spanish, French, etc. complaining and picketing.

English readily accepts new words and phrases without seeking to translate them or assign them a "gender" and an appropriate article. It's an expansive language. It seems that only Latin America refuses to communicate in English, which would explain its poverty and protectionism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration