Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont think alot of illegal supporters get it.

All we ask is for some respect, ask for help, do not demand it. I would have been much more inclined to help if the asked and were grateful.
if they are risking being shot or detained just to work in this country, how is that not a cry for help? im almost positive the initial anger was from the american side, seeing as how the illegal immigrants, for the most part, would not have any real reason to raise a fuss about anything. its the anti-mexican mentality that has been bred that has raised a fuss and has caused a clash of ideals, in my opinion.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Ghost for your info, I am my own employer, but I have to deal with the subs and the illegals they hire to do their work, which makes my job all that much harder. I used to do payroll for a company before I change careers, turned them in, but anyway, they either paid cash or 1099 them, also the illegals would claim max dependents or exempt, very little if any taxes came out.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hey ghost that is what we are doing and they don't like it....... Boo Hoo to them.....
We are taking back our country. Cutting off funds and jobs.
good for you.

Quote:
Oh and they are keeping wages low and that makes it hard for those of us who have only 1 family in a home not 20!
they can undercut wages and can afford to because they share residences with others which again is illegal after a certain number of people per bedroom.
Cheney Says Bush Will Veto Pro-Union Bill - Politico.com

why is our elected president vetoing union strengthening bills, then? he is enabling immigrant workers to continue undercutting wages. sh** rolls downhill... and if they choose to share residences, then good for them. if it cuts down on their cost of living, then i applaud it as a smart idea. just because you feel the need to not share a living space, expect to pay more for the luxury. and if you need to pay more, you need to earn more. the housing cost situation is not the immigrants' fault, either. i would advise you to direct your attention to the federal reserve and big banks who profit immensely off of you and me alike.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Ghost for your info, I am my own employer, but I have to deal with the subs and the illegals they hire to do their work, which makes my job all that much harder. I used to do payroll for a company before I change careers, turned them in, but anyway, they either paid cash or 1099 them, also the illegals would claim max dependents or exempt, very little if any taxes came out.
so your subcontractors are to blame? maybe we can even go so far as to blame you for hiring them. and why would you hire them? i bet their bids are lower than the competition. and that puts more money in your pocket, right? sounds to me like you are benefiting off of undercut wages! oh, the hypocrisy..

Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so your subcontractors are to blame? maybe we can even go so far as to blame you for hiring them. and why would you hire them? i bet their bids are lower than the competition. and that puts more money in your pocket, right? sounds to me like you are benefiting off of undercut wages! oh, the hypocrisy..
Ok there you go again assuming things. I work for GC's not subs they hire me, I dont hire anyone. Again just shows you know s***.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Ok there you go again assuming things. I work for GC's not subs they hire me, I dont hire anyone. Again just shows you know s***.
so you're not your own employer. my apologies for assuming. seriously. but i would be interested to know exactly what you do for work.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
so you're not your own employer. my apologies for assuming. seriously. but i would be interested to know exactly what you do for work.
Yes I am , I am freelance they contract me, I work in architecture, I design and run my design jobs. Used to build homes with my husband but we got pushed out by subs that would hire illegals, we wouldnt and could not keep up because we paid livable wages which kept us from having 15 men to a home, lost the business. So my husband is a PM in commercial and I do my own thing.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
it is the mentality that mexicans = illegals that keep a lot of us from really getting to know them as people. if we did that, there would be a lot less of this finger pointing and name calling. since when has a little understanding done anything but good?
So we should get to know them as people? I'm on it, dude.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
So we should get to know them as people? I'm on it, dude.

Looks like the kids at my sons school!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
if they are risking being shot or detained just to work in this country, how is that not a cry for help?
I would interpret that as a pretty reliable sign that they should stay in their own country.

Quote:
im almost positive the initial anger was from the american side, seeing as how the illegal immigrants, for the most part, would not have any real reason to raise a fuss about anything.
Unless my memory fails me, I seem to recall some very large parades in May 2006 consisting of people making all sorts of demands for illegal aliens while waving Mexican flags and denouncing the US. I call that raising a fuss.

Quote:
its the anti-mexican mentality that has been bred that has raised a fuss and has caused a clash of ideals, in my opinion.
So you have no clue as to why any American citizen might feel this way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration