Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you dont know who is taking them. this is prejudice.
Oh you mean, other than witnessing it at night calling the police on there asses, yep assuming again.Seems to be a theme.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,925 times
Quote:
well, they understand the illegality of it, but they're that desperate. desperation is a cry for help, not purely an act of defiance.
If there is not a way for them to enter the US legally, maybe they shouldn't BE here. When did it become the 'right' of every person living in a Third World country to enter the US illegally and demand to be allowed to stay? The issues in their home countries need to be addressed. Only they can do that. Do you honestly think we can continue to absorb the population of these countries without collapsing ourselves?

Quote:
this issue did not start in 2006. i do not agree with the waving of the mexican flag or denouncement of the US, but that is freedom of speech. it is also not representational of the entire mexican illegal immigrant populace. it would be naive to assume so.

i have a clue. i just dont understand all the generalizations and prejudices that cloud the real root of the issue: political influence and greed. we change the systems both here and there, and we change this need to immigrate to subsist. it starts at the top.
Go to NumbersUSA, ALIPAC or any other of dozens of sites. Believe me, politicans here from irate Americans all the time.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
they would not be able to take from you if someone hadnt enabled them. they are trying to earn a competitive living. i would assign 100% blame on the enabler (employer).
25% employer 25% idiot government and 50% illegals who have No respect for people or laws.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Hatred shouldn't be directed at anyone.
excellent!!!

Quote:
But hiring illegals is against the law, and the ones that do it should go to jail.
punished? yes. i dont know if jail is the answer. probably substantial fines.

Quote:
As far as the illegals themselves go, they are criminals, all of them. The nice ones just break our border laws, steal an ID or SS number, steal a job from an American, drive without, insurance or a license, and drive down entry level wages.
someone has to sell them the ID and SS#. jobs are not stolen, they are given by employers. many citizens drive without insurance or licenses, and when we try to enact legislation to give them licenses, people complain. as far as driving down entry level wages, that is again in the hands of the employer.

Quote:
The not so nice ones kill, rape and molest children, break into homes, deal and transport drugs, steal cars and commit a host of other crimes.
citizen or otherwise. criminals are criminals, regardless of their immigration status.

Quote:
But make no mistake, every single illegal alien here is a criminal. And every single one of them should be put in tent city jail, punished and then deported.

jail, punishment, then deportation? seems harsh. i would just deport them, at worst. and to imply that all citizens are not criminals is also a ridiculous notion. they do it like we do it... break the law until they get caught. its an american tradition.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They are trash as well. Can we deport them too?
We have enough trouble with our own citizens who are trash. Why do we have to deal with 20-30 million rejects from another country?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
25% employer 25% idiot government and 50% illegals who have No respect for people or laws.
where do you get those numbers?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Oh you mean, other than witnessing it at night calling the police on there asses, yep assuming again.Seems to be a theme.
so you see a brown skinned person (at night no less) and assume theyre mexican? what if they were legal? does that change anything? do white people not steal, too? there's a pretty big meth problem where i live, and mostly whites are doing it. and tweakers steal. its a notorioius byproduct of the drug.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
where do you get those numbers?
Those are my numbers, who I blame and their percentage of that blame.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
so you see a brown skinned person (at night no less) and assume theyre mexican? what if they were legal? does that change anything? do white people not steal, too? there's a pretty big meth problem where i live, and mostly whites are doing it. and tweakers steal. its a notorioius byproduct of the drug.
Well I happen to know they were Mexican, flew the flag, and yes it was found out 7 people in the house were illegals.

Yep whites do meth, and other drugs, our citizens we must deal with them, my brother is doing time, being punished for taking from others. Quite a concept.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If there is not a way for them to enter the US legally, maybe they shouldn't BE here. When did it become the 'right' of every person living in a Third World country to enter the US illegally and demand to be allowed to stay?
about 400 years ago. except at that time, third world labels didnt exist.

Quote:
The issues in their home countries need to be addressed. Only they can do that.
the issues in their country are not being addressed. now what? the population doesnt have the means to take on the government. guns are illegal in mexico. now what? the united states certainly has the political influence to better mexico for its impoverished, but they choose not to exercise it. now what? what would you do?

Quote:
Do you honestly think we can continue to absorb the population of these countries without collapsing ourselves?
yes. we have plenty of space. the economic circumstances need to change, but that has nothing to do with the physical immigrant and everything to do with our fiscal policies.

Quote:
Go to NumbersUSA, ALIPAC or any other of dozens of sites. Believe me, politicans here from irate Americans all the time.

just because theyre irate does not mean theyre informed. usually anger is a sign of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration