Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You seem to be implying that degradation that would impact private property values would still occur in a neighborhood full of illegals who were millionaires and could afford to hire citizens to keep the neighborhood clean.
You find me a neighborhood full of illegals who are millionaires and we can take a look - til then, your "analogy" is ridiculous

Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
The actual crime is crossing without inspection. With a work visa they may not need to apply for residency; thus, no need to immigrate.
What have YOU done to try to change the law?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:18 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
When you fill out the paper work for immigration of any kind you are constantly reminded that to lie will be considered grounds for rejection. To LIE!!! Therefore how much worse it must be to simply take the law into your own hands and enter illegally.
I have no experience with the minutemen but if I lived in an area that had them I would surely join tonight.
Since when does the fact of filling out a form for something and, mere, lying stop citizens from committing fraud?

No, it is not worse to simply walk across an imaginary line that divides states, than it is to take the law into your own hands with a power not granted in the Constitution.

Your reliance on red herrings lessens your credibility and can be considered a form of lying if you are trying to persuade people of the authenticity of your position.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You find me a neighborhood full of illegals who are millionaires and we can take a look - til then, your "analogy" is ridiculous
You are trying to compare two different points and claim a similarity. The analogy was to jaywalking; and the comparison to millionaire illegals was for illustrative purposes only. I didn't think it was that difficult to understand.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
What have YOU done to try to change the law?
I have sent a fax to my representatives to congress requesting that they implement public policy that reduces public and private sectors costs, and potentially, ameliorate the effects of frictional unemployment in the process.

And, quite unlike the opposing view point, that advocates increasing our tax burden with public policy that has never worked in the history of the US.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
I have sent a fax to my representatives to congress requesting that they implement public policy that reduces public and private sectors costs, and potentially, ameliorate the effects of frictional unemployment in the process.
I know just how to do that! Protect our borders, enforce our sovereign law. The State of California's public and private sector costs would be reduced by 10.5 BILLION dollars per year in social and public services given currently given to illegal aliens with the added benefit of relieving some of it's "frictional unemployment" by giving American jobs back to American workers.

Problem solved.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
And, quite unlike the opposing view point, that advocates increasing our tax burden with public policy that has never worked in the history of the US.
I'm sorry but, I have PROOF, in the State of Arizona, where the above statement has been, and is, proven wrong

Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Copied from another thread:

IMO, we do not need to "deport" 20 million illegals

A) Make it next to impossible to get a job if you are illegal

B) Take away all but ESSENTIAL emergency (life threatening) medical services

C) Take away all welfare benifits that illegals or their immediate family are recieveing

D) Get rid of the "anchor baby" law

E) No bank accounts if one is here illegally

F) No Drivers license if one is here illegally

G) Allow landlords the right to refuse to those here illegally

In other words, make it untenable to be in this country illegally - by doing so MANY will return to their country of origin (or elsewhere) on their own -

Deport those who do not go

Daniel - these are proposals that I have sent to all of my Congressional Representatives. I have had the opportunity to meet, face to face, with several of them - at their request

Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Did you also request a total of how much that level of enforcement will cost?

How do you account for state's rights and individual liberties, or do you think the government should be able to tell the private sector who they can and can't hire; like in most communist countries.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but, I have PROOF, in the State of Arizona, where the above statement has been, and is, proven wrong
How much crime is there in Arizona? Prohibition didn't work in the '20's. How much more corruption is there now than there would be with more market friendly public policy?

How well did Hadrian's Wall work? How well did the Great Wall of China work?

How expensive were those public sector projects, and how much better off could they have been, if they had upgraded their infrastructure instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration