U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2014, 08:56 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i agree. evertime junior sits on the couch while pepe mows the lawn and maria does the housework while wifey is at the mall, we can remind ourselves that we created this mess not them. they went where the jobs were.
same as me.
why do people hire them? bek we dont want to pay 60 bucks an hour for worthless american workers that think they are doing you a favor by showing up and taking your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:01 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,195,760 times
Reputation: 23168
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He's not saying they don't cause problems, just that they're not the cause of every single problem.

I'm adamantly opposed to illegal immigration and, while I do probably think it's a more serious issue than OP does and agree with most of the rest of your post, I agree with him in that I believe there are a multitude of other issues that are just as important or more important and that the dialogue here can get a bit over-the-top.
And what would those be?

Crime is at least four times as bad in our area because of illegals. Our sheriff says that if he gets someone deported they are back in three days.

Our hospital is almost bankrupt because of so many of them going to the emergency room. That could be life threatening to the person who needs something that is not available.

Our schools are stretched to the limit and taxes are going up to pay for that.

I said most of our problems are caused by them and that is true. We didn't have a lot of problems in this area before they found us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i agree. evertime junior sits on the couch while pepe mows the lawn and maria does the housework while wifey is at the mall, we can remind ourselves that we created this mess not them. they went where the jobs were.
same as me.
why do people hire them? bek we dont want to pay 60 bucks an hour for worthless american workers that think they are doing you a favor by showing up and taking your money.
Yes sort of like it isn't the car thief's fault because they only steal cars that aren't parked in the garage. Not the bank robbers fault, they went to were the money was. Same as me, only I don't steal my money.
Some people hire them because they don't want to pay the going rate. Some people hire them because they see it as a victimless crime. Some people hire them because they feel it's ok to put legal citizens out of work then justify it by calling legals lazy or worthless. Normally they do it because illegals have to put up with said peoples BS where a legal citizen doesn't. That dog don't hunt because where I live you don't see Pepes cutting the grass. You only see, you know american kids doing it for a summer job or landscapers who do it for a living. But hey it's better to pay the illegal 30 bucks to cut your grass than a legal 50. Makes perfect sense. Who needs that tax revenue anyway right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 PM
 
16,797 posts, read 8,720,935 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And what would those be?

Crime is at least four times as bad in our area because of illegals. Our sheriff says that if he gets someone deported they are back in three days.

Our hospital is almost bankrupt because of so many of them going to the emergency room. That could be life threatening to the person who needs something that is not available.

Our schools are stretched to the limit and taxes are going up to pay for that.

I said most of our problems are caused by them and that is true. We didn't have a lot of problems in this area before they found us.
You are wrong! By importing the illegals, aka, democrat voters, we would be able to raise taxes on the rich and pay for all the welfare we want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,393 posts, read 29,798,842 times
Reputation: 14503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
How are illegals improving anything? How does ignoring our laws and coming here illegally benefit this country in any way shape or form? Why do we want people who ignore our laws coming here at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:18 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 2,158,196 times
Reputation: 4042
Of course life wouldn't be perfect if we expelled all the illegals. Now if we sent all the gays with them....you could be on to something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,614,626 times
Reputation: 3399
On the border we have been dealing with all of these issues for years. Our children aren't getting the education they need because critical resources are spent educating non english speakers. Our jails are constantly filled with illegals, our hospitals emergency rooms are used as walk in clinics by them. For many of you this is a relatively new experience. Some of you have virtually no experience with any of this, but find it within yourself to condemn those of us who live it every day for what our communities are forced to endure. Not to worry, it's coming to your neighborhood too now.. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517
They wouldn't be allowed to vote for a very long time, but it would buy the votes of illegal supporters.
What do you tell the people who are waiting for their VISA's? The ones who obeyed our laws and have a 7+ year wait? What do you tell the many victims of ID fraud/ theft at the hands of illegals? What do you tell the middle class as their taxes are raised to support the increased burden?
Sorry but these criminals really deserved a head of line pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
Many schools would be able to use the tax dollars saved for improving education.
Less ID fraud/ theft.
Less fraudulent income tax returns.
Many people who were displaced by low balling illegals would be able to return to their trades.
Less unpaid hospital bills.
Less uninsured, unlicensed drivers on the road.
Less anchor babies.
Less welfare paid out for anchor babies.
I can keep going on and on what would improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
6,937 posts, read 11,736,419 times
Reputation: 5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Whether or not you favor or oppose illegal immigration, most of the things going wrong in your life have nothing to do with them. You will not magically get a better job if illegals are deported. You will have to work hard and put effort into doing that.
Maybe you were born in the dark, eh? Or you're a silver spoon baby. Illegal aliens have decimated the ability of Americans to make a living in the trades and craftsman industries. I did an apprenticeship and became a journeyman roofer back in the mid-70's. By the 1990's the influx of illegal aliens had driven down wages so low many of us were forced out because we could no longer make a living do what we liked.

This scourge on our land has resulted in the loss of many skilled labor jobs. Bricklayers, carpenters, sheetrockers, tilesetters, plumbers, roofers even general labor jobs all lost to illegal aliens. I blame the companies that employee them just as much as I do the illegals. Americans used to be able to do these jobs and make a good living doing them. It was an honorable field for many Americans. Now, no more.

Not every American needs to go to college. And now our country see the results. Millions of Americans saddled with thousands and thousands of dollars worth of student loans and no jobs in the fields that they studied for. Thanks to illegals they can't even get into the trades or labor jobs because they are filled by illegals.

Think about it. Think outside of the square box you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top