Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,048,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Happenstance?
Yeah, anecdotal happenstance,

...you only offered one instance of one individual that you supposed clearly concluded, or somehow proved your assumptions.

I can see now that if young people would only agree with some ideological stance you hold, you might not accuse them of being led around.

(...as if the Ron Paul followers couldn't have been led down a garden path)

It's pretty clear that your concern is where those young people might align themselves.

If it's not alongside your interests, ....they must be insincere about their participation.

That's a neat trick you tried toward the end though, the one about conflating 'eroison of our civil rights, sovereignty and military occupancy of the rest of world, whether they like it or not' with Hillary or Obama.

Seems someone else advanced those issues, but you'd like to blame those ills on someone or anyone else. Just assign them all with having the exact same characteristics....

Tells me all I need to know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
Quote:
Happenstance? why because you say it is? It's obvious that they are clueless in terms of what the candidates of their choice stand for, and that they are filling up on hype and the load of bull that the MSM spoon feeds you. I was once young and gullible and one thing that never changes about young people, they all want to be counted in the "popular crowd".
If by "They", you mean "young Democrats" then yes, I agree with you. Young Democrats seem to think this way. But maybe that is a reflection of the people you are around. I'm 24, and haven't met one person my age who is voting for Hillary or Obama. Most of my friends like Paul. Some think he's a nut. A few like McCain, a few like Thompson, and a handful like Huckabee. One or two liked John Edwards (he's local). Not one friend or acquaintance of mine claims to like Hillary or Obama.

That's what the basis of your conclusion is, right? The opinions of the people you meet?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
All I was trying to say originally was that young people don't seem to care about their particular country - they don't have that patriotism that older people have. And, I believe, that's part of our downfall.

So you don't think our 'downfall' would have more to do with financing foreign wars and nation-building with a multi-trillion dollar deficit?

I agree with an earlier poster who said that you can't just generalize an entire group.

Saying that the youth in our country 'don't seem to care about their particular country-they don't have the patriotism that older people have..." suggests that you spoken to every single youth and baby boomer.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
I have to agree with you on every point. As someone in their 40's, I don't blame the current generation for America's ills, I do however, blame them for not being informed/caring about the consequences that will result from voting for candidates in favor of amnesty. Most young people are bandwagon voters who could care less about the issues, they just want to be able to say they voted for (fill in the blank).

I'm uncertain of this, so how would you know for certain?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
So you don't think our 'downfall' would have more to do with financing foreign wars and nation-building with a multi-trillion dollar deficit?

I agree with an earlier poster who said that you can't just generalize an entire group.

Saying that the youth in our country 'don't seem to care about their particular country-they don't have the patriotism that older people have..." suggests that you spoken to every single youth and baby boomer.
OK, forget it - it was just a thought.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
youths from which originally belong back over the border, have no respect for our USA. .. Why, because of illegal parents who have taught them how to lie, cheat and manipulate our free social services system.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:58 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
youths from which originally belong back over the border, have no respect for our USA. .. Why, because of illegal parents who have taught them how to lie, cheat and manipulate our free social services system.
Some truth there, but I gotta tell you, I've seen some pretty "Awful" kids whose parents were born right HERE.....who don't respect "their" country, nor anything ELSE !.....Have you been to a shopping mall lately?...

Old 02-08-2008, 11:54 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
If their children were born here, then they don't have to cheat the system.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
no, the illegal parents reap the rewards for spitin-out those anchor babies though, then kiddy grows up and in turn sponsers said illegal parents.. win win for illegals.. total abuse to real Americans

Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Huh?

They entered illegally. For your information, entering the US illegally is cheating the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration