Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 03:46 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Considering that's exactly what Hillary supporters do, I find this post laughable.
Considerring that I'm far from a Hillary supporter or a Democrat, I find yours laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 03:47 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Did anyone see his rally in Iowa yesterday? He is not softening. He emphasized the border wall again and his support for mandatory e-verify nationwide. The media took his phrase "we'll work with them" and starting spinning all sorts of possible loopholes to let "the good ones" stay. "We'll work with them" doesn't mean we'll let them stay, as much as they want it to mean that.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Trump has said that there will be no amnesty. They will pay back taxes, helping force them out.

Besides, i kinda think he should have stepped back. No matter how much we dream, we will never be able to deport every single illegal alien within our borders. It's just not possible. We can deport a majority of them, but not all of them.
You're in the stage of grief that is commonly referred to as bargaining.... The five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, and as I look around these forums at Trump supporters, every one of them are in a various stage of it....

I love it.....

Old 08-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
It adds up to me....I think Trump is all about winning..as he has stated many times in the past. As his numbers dropped..he thought that a change might be in order...I don't think he really has any investment in the things that his adherents see in him---I think that his pedaling and back-pedaling is smart--from his point of view...if enough people believe the contradictory positions and vote....Trump believes that he can garner enough votes from both sides and win!
Yeah, but he also runs the risk of ticking off enough voters like me to the point that we'll go vote for Hillary or not vote at all just to punish him for being so wishy washy and punish the party for allowing a bufoon like him at the top of the ticket in the first place....

Which direction does the scale tip the farthest...? That's the question he has to find the answer to.... Sometimes when you try to appeal to everybody, you end up appealing to nobody.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Did anyone see his rally in Iowa yesterday? He is not softening. He emphasized the border wall again and his support for mandatory e-verify nationwide. The media took his phrase "we'll work with them" and starting spinning all sorts of possible loopholes to let "the good ones" stay. "We'll work with them" doesn't mean we'll let them stay, as much as they want it to mean that.
Did you watch his town hall on Hannity? If not, I posted it a few pages back in this thread. Sorry, but what he said was unmistakable. There was no room left for confusion. Trump explicitly said he was open to letting those "who have been here 20 years and have a family" stay, and then proceeded to ask the audience whether they would be ok with letting them stay. Do my lying eyes and ears decieveth me? I'm all for calling out the dishonest media, but in this case the media didn't "spin" anything... The reason for the contradictory reporting is that Trump has contradicted hmself 4 times in as many days....

You're in the stage of grief known as "denial"....

Old 08-28-2016, 05:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're in the stage of grief that is commonly referred to as bargaining.... The five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, and as I look around these forums at Trump supporters, every one of them are in a various stage of it....

I love it.....

IF the Dems had a strong candidate: I'd def agree that Trump's dead meat. Hillary ain't that person.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IF the Dems had a strong candidate: I'd def agree that Trump's dead meat. Hillary ain't that person.
A bunch of us tried with our non-traditional, man of the people candidate. DNC and the media screwed us. Sorry. Clinton it is.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:19 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Did you watch his town hall on Hannity? If not, I posted it a few pages back in this thread. Sorry, but what he said was unmistakable. There was no room left for confusion. Trump explicitly said he was open to letting those "who have been here 20 years and have a family" stay, and then proceeded to ask the audience whether they would be ok with letting them stay. Do my lying eyes and ears decieveth me? I'm all for calling out the dishonest media, but in this case the media didn't "spin" anything... The reason for the contradictory reporting is that Trump has contradicted hmself 4 times in as many days....

You're in the stage of grief known as "denial"....

And you are engaged in what is called wishful thinking.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:20 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
A bunch of us tried with our non-traditional, man of the people candidate. DNC and the media screwed us. Sorry. Clinton it is.
Your candidate screwed you, not the media and frankly, not really the DNC. He didn't fight for his rights and neither did any of you and there ya're, caving in right along with him. Well, I take that back. Seth Rich and Shawn Lucas fought back and now they're pushing up daisies. You could at least make a stand and vote for Jill Stein, in honor of Lucas and Rich, two decent and honorable men.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Hillary's taking a LOT of "fire"; sooner or later, she'll be "hit". Maybe health problems or maybe legal problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration