Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Trump has now come out with what is essentially the Little Marco Plan. Guess what else he will embrace (hint: ends in TA). What is there to like about him anymore unless you think he is lying. Should have voted for Little Marco. He could have
won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 01:07 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There is some buzz in the Elections area about Trump softening on illegal aliens, but the supporters of Hillary tend to suffer severe delusions and I wouldn't believe a word they or their lying, corrupt candidate say.

I found this article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...77N#.lb3G7YwwP

Gee, if Trump is going to let them stay under some sort of "legal" status which will allow them to take our jobs out from under us, I better hang onto my planned donations to his campaign.

I would still vote for him as the lesser of the evils as would many but the illegal aliens and their anchors are sucking down too many tax dollars. Americans First.

With ObamaCareNot, that has effected Medicaid and cuts are underway yet again for the elderly and disabled, probably going to need more dollars for the illegals.

They are all criminals and we have enough citizens that are dead beats and having kids for cash as to not have to import them. We also have enough of our own criminals without importing them.

I want a POTUS that stands behind ALL of our laws, not another one that picks and chooses like the current one!
HA....HA, ha-HA HA, ....HAHAHAH..... ha ha ha ahahahaha....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee told ya so!!!! Didn't we? We told you he'd betray you. We told you he would tell you whatever you wanted to hear and then stab you in the back.... But nooooooo, you didn't listen. It was "TRUMP OR BUST" for you.... He was your new hero 'cause he wasn't afraid to say what he meant. "He's not a lying politician" you all said, "he's something different, something new"....... Well, You're no longer as important to him as you were in the primaries. You were just a stepping stone to a higher place, a means to an end. Trump's looking to make new friends now, so he's telling his new friends what he thinks they want to hear.... Dude, he's just not that in to you anymore.

I'd be lying if I said this moment wasn't as sweet as could be...... I'll take a moment longer to revel in it

Stay tuned.... more to come. Who wants to enter the poll to bet on how long it is before he calls for gun control? Any takers? Anyone?

Old 08-24-2016, 06:19 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Im shocked,then again, I am not, that Trump supporters are giving him a pass on this. He is backtracking big time, and its no wonder. HIs new campaign manager is pro amnesty.

New Trump Campaign Manager Paid To Flack For Amnesty

Old 08-24-2016, 06:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
well that's why E verify and I -9 are part of the hiring process.

E-Verify is currently left to each state.
E- Verify is mandatory for all employers/ employees in only a handful of states.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Put it this way. On the basic Merit on Expired Visa, Pass Ports and Work Permits these Illegals should be deported bylaw.
Trump did not make this up either.
Its the Law!
Trump said he's going to do the same thing as Obama and Bush did.

Nothing suggests there are adequate resources to track down every alien with an expired visa, passport and work permit.

70 million people legally enter the US each year for tourism and business. They are free to travel throughout the US.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, you mean the so-called "immigration reform" bill that was nothing but amnesty? The one that had items in it like the following?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-g...221300301.html

That bill? Thankfully, it never got made into law!

I never let Reagan and the Bushes off the hook. In fact, I was never a fan of any of them. The 1986 amnesty was a big mistake---one that we, as a nation, are paying dearly for (literally and figuratively) ever since it was enacted.
The Yahoo link is biased in that it ignores the part of the Act that seeks to hold employers responsible for hiring undocumented workers, build a wall, increasing border patrol and increasing the Ice manpower.

The House could have put it to a vote. Instead, it sought to protect House Members from being accountable for their vote.

The House could have amended the Act.

The Housd could have developed their own bill and approved it and waited for the Senate to respond.

Instead, the House did NOTHING, protected their members from being accountable and kicked the can.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's and peaked in 2005/6 with the housing bubble.

During that period, hundreds of " sanctuary cities" emerged throughout the US. Florida has multiple " sanctuary counties".

It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority or lived in the governors' mansions

They and the media that feeds off them made it partisan to deflect from the reality- doing nothing.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:57 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
HA....HA, ha-HA HA, ....HAHAHAH..... ha ha ha ahahahaha....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee told ya so!!!! Didn't we? We told you he'd betray you. We told you he would tell you whatever you wanted to hear and then stab you in the back.... But nooooooo, you didn't listen. It was "TRUMP OR BUST" for you.... He was your new hero 'cause he wasn't afraid to say what he meant. "He's not a lying politician" you all said, "he's something different, something new"....... Well, You're no longer as important to him as you were in the primaries. You were just a stepping stone to a higher place, a means to an end. Trump's looking to make new friends now, so he's telling his new friends what he thinks they want to hear.... Dude, he's just not that in to you anymore.

I'd be lying if I said this moment wasn't as sweet as could be...... I'll take a moment longer to revel in it

Stay tuned.... more to come. Who wants to enter the poll to bet on how long it is before he calls for gun control? Any takers? Anyone?

As for me, I choose not to believe what Univision or BuzzFeed has said it's just wishful thinking on their part. A link was already been posted in here to the contrary. So giggle away and click you heels together if you want.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump said he's going to do the same thing as Obama and Bush did.

Nothing suggests there are adequate resources to track down every alien with an expired visa, passport and work permit.

70 million people legally enter the US each year for tourism and business. They are free to travel throughout the US.
He said he would deport illegal aliens as Bush did and at one time Obama did.

Adequate resources? We have them but the powers that be aren't using them for that purpose. Tourists and visa holders can be tracked but again the powers that be aren't doing it.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
E-Verify is currently left to each state.
E- Verify is mandatory for all employers/ employees in only a handful of states.

And that needs to change since we are constantly being told that illegal immigration is a federal issue. Trump mentioned doing just that on his website.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:23 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
The Yahoo link is biased in that it ignores the part of the Act that seeks to hold employers responsible for hiring undocumented workers, build a wall, increasing border patrol and increasing the Ice manpower.

The House could have put it to a vote. Instead, it sought to protect House Members from being accountable for their vote.

The House could have amended the Act.

The Housd could have developed their own bill and approved it and waited for the Senate to respond.

Instead, the House did NOTHING, protected their members from being accountable and kicked the can.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's and peaked in 2005/6 with the housing bubble.

During that period, hundreds of " sanctuary cities" emerged throughout the US. Florida has multiple " sanctuary counties".

It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority or lived in the governors' mansions

They and the media that feeds off them made it partisan to deflect from the reality- doing nothing.
Maybe you ought to read what exactly, is in that Bill. There are lots of provisions that have no teeth in them. Oh, and gang members were allowed to apply for amnesty. All they had to do was swear that they quit the gang. Plus E-verify wouldn't be implemented until 5 years after the nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill passed. And what do you think would have happened during those 5 years? More illegals would have poured in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration