Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:03 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom614 View Post
I agree with everything you are saying... I mean no offensive my comment was geared towards what I read on page two... but as yourself I will share my thoughts on this matter as I please...I am trying to see this topic for different stand points and your right I am new and still learning... I am not blaming the US for these peoples problems I just dont believe we should be turning away one group of people and not the other

It depends, in some cases they will be killed by their own govts as defectors. That doesn't happen in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM

6 posts, read 9,016 times
"defectors" wow... that was a slap to the face... people should never be considered that disposable... and why not Mexico?
[FONT=Harrington][/FONT]

Old 11-25-2008, 03:24 PM

The one thing I can say is the US needs to work on fixing there own before they can help others

Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
"defectors" wow... that was a slap to the face... people should never be considered that disposable... and why not Mexico?
My father defected from Hungary to Germany then the USA in 1948 fleeing the Communists.

I do agree that 'defector' has pretty much fallen into disuse since 1990.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:57 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doily View Post
I thought he was comparing the Cubans fleeing Castro to Jews fleeing the Holocaust. I was just saying that if he was then I disagreed. A lot. There is probably very little to nothing in the world you can compare with Jews fleeing the Holocaust.

What happened in Russia under Stalin or the terror where 1/3 of the country was killed under the khmer Rouge are both worse than the Holocaust in terms of numbers killed.

However those 2 are rarely taught in American school or if taught take a back seat to the Jewish holocaust.

I wonder why.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savimbi View Post
What happened in Russia under Stalin or the terror where 1/3 of the country was killed under the khmer Rouge are both worse than the Holocaust in terms of numbers killed.

However those 2 are rarely taught in American school or if taught take a back seat to the Jewish holocaust.

I wonder why.
With all due respect to what happened to the Jewish people...........I wonder why as well.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With all due respect to what happened to the Jewish people...........I wonder why as well.

I am no way playing down the horror inflicted upon them but in actual numbers killed the Stalin regime and Polks regime were by far much worse.

In American high school they take a back seat to the Jewish Holocaust if even taught.

In many countries all 3 are taught equally but not in America . I have never understood this.

No wonder many American students do not even know about the other 2.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Think Iraq. If you are an Iraqi Shia fleeing violence, come to Europe and are sent back by legal means there is about a 60-40 chance that you will be driven into the desert , shot in the back of the head and buried in a shallow grave. I'm pretty sure no Illegal Aliens being returned to Mexico suffer that fate?

The same goes for others seeking asylum in the US.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savimbi View Post
I am no way playing down the horror inflicted upon them but in actual numbers killed the Stalin regime and Polks regime were by far much worse.

In American high school they take a back seat to the Jewish Holocaust if even taught.

In many countries all 3 are taught equally but not in America . I have never understood this.

No wonder many American students do not even know about the other 2.
Stalin's murders are pretty well known.

Polk's alleged atrocities?

Now: if discussing other nations guilty of mass murder; add in China and Japan in just the 20th Century.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Think Iraq. If you are an Iraqi Shia fleeing violence, come to Europe and are sent back by legal means there is about a 60-40 chance that you will be driven into the desert , shot in the back of the head and buried in a shallow grave. I'm pretty sure no Illegal Aliens being returned to Mexico suffer that fate?

The same goes for others seeking asylum in the US.
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/immigration/33432-wet-foot-dry-foot-policy-post6311495.html#post6311495"]http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
If you have been on this board a while then you know it's not about what color someone is. What we are discussing are the financial and cultural impacts 20 million people living here have on tax payers, social services, and neighborhoods. The World is filled with poor, it is sad and it is what it is. 3 Billion people oppressed in Africa and Asia don't impact us. 20 million Illegal Aliens living off social services here do.
I contribute money and clothing every year to poor in their own Countries. I do NOT want my Country turning into a 3rd World Country. We can stop blaming the US for all of these people's problems and start pointing the finger at their oppressive governments.
We get that...............do you mind if I use some of this for my research paper......

Last edited by freedom614; 11-26-2008 at 10:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration