Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

i have a dream. no more violence and murder in LA.
city of the fallen angels.

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I listened to Jamiel Shaw's father on the radio describe what his son was wearing on the day he was shot.

#1. he was wearing an oversized t-shirt and was carrying a spiderman backpack. if he had a belt on and it was red, it would have been covered by the t-shirt he was wearing so the illegal alien who shot him never saw his red belt.

In case you didn't know, young teen boys don't wear their shirts tucked inside their pants, they wear them on the outside of their clothes, loose.

There is a recording of the last conversation Jamiel had because he was on the telephone with his girlfriend who over heard the conversation between he and the illegal alien gangbanger. "What set you from?", *silence*, gunshot.

That's the way it happened.

All will come out in court.
Were you there?

Whether or not the kid saw Jamiel's belt doesn't matter. There is lots of evidence coming out that is showing Jamiel's at least identifying with a Bloods set.

If you are going on what his father is saying, I guess you have no problem accepting a whole bunch of witnesses hearing Espinoza claim he killed a blood. And saying stuff like "BK All Day".

WHICH would point out that the killing was more gang related than race related. Whether or not Jamiel actually identified as a blood.

Jamiel's father also tried to pass off pictures of Jamiel throwing up Blood signs as "the hang loose sign" and "star trek". Come on.

But go ahead help incite a race war in Los Angeles.
Help make the victim of another GANG killing in LA the poster boy for the immigration crusade. If pimping this kid's death helps get rid of some more illegals, and get more anger against the Latino community, then its worth it right?

We'll see what the truth turns out to be when it comes out in court.
Espinoza murdered Jamiel Shaw. But it wasn't because he was black. It was because Espinoza saw him as a Blood.

Until then, I guess were just going to have to "hang loose".

Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
the gaylords!!! let me guees the colors the fly are Chartreuse and Lavender!

and

DIRTY UNDERWEAR GANG?

it would serve better to check the streets pulse on these issues. talk to kids and others in the hood and they will tell you what is up and what is down.

you do have loose bands of unruly white boys, i even read an article about a "gang" in la jolla (bird rock something or other) that terrorized the beaches. they werent really a gang. just a bunch of bullies. priveleged bullies at that.

aside from the hells angels and other more established "gangs", LA does not have a white gang problem. to suggest that is super duper ludicrous!!!! there is no comparison between these rinky dink "gangs" you mention and 18th street or the crips or the maras! (on the streets, jails is something else. they HAVE to make up some gang in order to keep the blacks and browns off them)

and even when you compare the biker gangs, its a completely different structure that almost has a more honorable ethic(if it is possible). they usually go around beefing with the mongols or vagos or whoever else is out there riding. but they are not neighborhood based like the filthy rotten punks from the LA hoods.

and lets keep this about the suposed gang affiliation of shaw, lets not make this about immigration.

besides even miss anita shaw said that she would like this spec. order amended to get the bad guys, not the "okey dokey" folks. i agree with her. but lets not alienate the battered mother who fears the INS as much as her fist wielding baby dad. the law is not perfect, but in cases of gangs and thugs it should be severe. more injunctions!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 PM

And before anybody jumps on this, I want to say that nobody is defending Pedro Espinoza's crime.
I'm not even trying to show disrespect on Jamiel Shaw, and to his parents who have suffered a loss.
Im just speaking on things that have turned up that have made this issue debatable.

Truth is, I feel bad for the kid, because what happened to him is happening to Brown and Black kids in LA too much. Every year hundreds of young people are getting killed like Jamiel Shaw.
When I see that picture I posted earlier of Jamiel Shaw, it makes me kind of sad. However involved he was with the Bloods, he was still a young dude. He didn't seem to be a hardened criminal, but he was still playing a dangerous game if he was portraying himself like that. It makes me sad seeing someone so young and so proud to represent. Reminds me of so many friends and cousins who were young like that too. Fresh faced kids excited to be getting put on, excited to be respected and to be feared.

Theres lots of kids like that in LA. Mexicans, Salvadorans, Blacks, Armenians, Cambodians, Filipinos, Vietnamese, whatever. Lots of kids who are growing up with nothing but pride. They are all victims of DEEP rooted gang culture.

Its not something illegally immigrating into this country. Its not just somethign that is victimizing Blacks, or being perpetrated by Mexicans.

Its a problem affecting lots of children and young adults.

Pedro Espinoza was a fresh faced kid at one point too. He didn't come to America illegally as a hardened criminal. He was raised here. He came here at the age of 4.

If Jamiel Shaw's death is really what bothers you, and not the fact that the killer was an illegal Mexican, do something about the problem at the source: the neighborhoods both these kids lived in. The kind of poverty stricken neighborhoods that are heavily entrenched in gang warfare.
If a young boy getting murdered is what makes you sad, and not the fact that SPanish is being spoken, or the population is getting browner, and taxes are high, then offer your help in the neighborhood.

Because theres lots of Black and Brown kids getting killed every year just like Jamiel Shaw.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
Oh its the "Its OK for an illegal mexican gangs to murder Americans" thread

Must have missed it

Old 06-25-2008, 07:44 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Side note to amc760 and Kele:

At least the Nazi Low Riders can have membership in both Latino as well as Anglo gangs. A NLR one only has to be half 'White' (I know, define White).

BTW: not all Hells Angel members are Anglo-------some are Latino and at least one is a Samoan. I heard about a Black guy who was HAMC as well down in Tucson.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And before anybody jumps on this, I want to say that nobody is defending Pedro Espinoza's crime.
I'm not even trying to show disrespect on Jamiel Shaw, and to his parents who have suffered a loss.
Im just speaking on things that have turned up that have made this issue debatable.

Truth is, I feel bad for the kid, because what happened to him is happening to Brown and Black kids in LA too much. Every year hundreds of young people are getting killed like Jamiel Shaw.
When I see that picture I posted earlier of Jamiel Shaw, it makes me kind of sad. However involved he was with the Bloods, he was still a young dude. He didn't seem to be a hardened criminal, but he was still playing a dangerous game if he was portraying himself like that. It makes me sad seeing someone so young and so proud to represent. Reminds me of so many friends and cousins who were young like that too. Fresh faced kids excited to be getting put on, excited to be respected and to be feared.

Theres lots of kids like that in LA. Mexicans, Salvadorans, Blacks, Armenians, Cambodians, Filipinos, Vietnamese, whatever. Lots of kids who are growing up with nothing but pride. They are all victims of DEEP rooted gang culture.

Its not something illegally immigrating into this country. Its not just somethign that is victimizing Blacks, or being perpetrated by Mexicans.

Its a problem affecting lots of children and young adults.

Pedro Espinoza was a fresh faced kid at one point too. He didn't come to America illegally as a hardened criminal. He was raised here. He came here at the age of 4.

If Jamiel Shaw's death is really what bothers you, and not the fact that the killer was an illegal Mexican, do something about the problem at the source: the neighborhoods both these kids lived in. The kind of poverty stricken neighborhoods that are heavily entrenched in gang warfare.
If a young boy getting murdered is what makes you sad, and not the fact that SPanish is being spoken, or the population is getting browner, and taxes are high, then offer your help in the neighborhood.

Because theres lots of Black and Brown kids getting killed every year just like Jamiel Shaw.

It looks like you are defending the illegal and his right to kill American citizens IF he thinks they might belong in some gang or at least be wearing some gang color.

Murder is murder but if the immigration laws were enforced this illegal killer would have been tossed out of the country and Shaw would be alive today.

No -- we do not need, we should not allow foreign thugs coming here and killing any Americans.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It looks like you are defending the illegal and his right to kill American citizens IF he thinks they might belong in some gang or at least be wearing some gang color.

Murder is murder but if the immigration laws were enforced this illegal killer would have been tossed out of the country and Shaw would be alive today.

No -- we do not need, we should not allow foreign thugs coming here and killing any Americans.
How on earth are you getting to that conclusion?

If Pedro Espinoza saw Jamiel as a Blood, its just as likely a Crip, a member of a different Blood set, or a legal member of 18th street would have seen him as one too.

I never said anybody has the right to kill anybody. But you guys are pimping this kids murder for illegal immigration issues when its the result of a gang issue, whether or not Shaw was really in a gang.

Espinoza came here at the age of 4. He didn't immigrate here a criminal.

If the murders is what people really care about, deal with it at the source of the problem. And its not Mexico. Its in our own country.
Or do you believe that children who are brought here as toddlers from Mexico are genetically inclined to become gangmembers?

Some people need to stop being hypocrites trying to use another gang murder to demonize immigrants who have come here illegally.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM

307 posts, read 522,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Caucasian gangs in L.A. proper

Aryan Brotherhood
Public Enemy No. 1
Hells Angels
Nazi Lowriders
Dirty White Boys
Ku Klux Klan
Gaylords
Dirty Underwear Gang

I'm posting this data since it is in one of my areas of interest/expertise, Not because I agree with the overall points of one side or the other, personally I am anti illegal immigration, but if I am helping the pro illegal side I’m sorry, but the truth comes first.

White gangs are not a significant factor in the LA area. A little over 1 percent, yes that’s ONE PERCENT, of the gang population belongs to WHITE gang groups.

Type-------Number--Members
Hispanic----246------22,309
Crip--------113------10,306
Blood--------45-------4,209
Asian--------32-------1,106
Stoner**----16---------541
White--------11---------561
Total-------463------39,032

Source of data as follows
LA Gangs in LA's Neighborhoods - LA Times article 05/13/05 ... LA Community Policing

Hope this helps to settle that part of the debate.

Random

Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
How on earth are you getting to that conclusion?

If Pedro Espinoza saw Jamiel as a Blood, its just as likely a Crip, a member of a different Blood set, or a legal member of 18th street would have seen him as one too.

I never said anybody has the right to kill anybody. But you guys are pimping this kids murder for illegal immigration issues when its the result of a gang issue, whether or not Shaw was really in a gang.

Espinoza came here at the age of 4. He didn't immigrate here a criminal.

If the murders is what people really care about, deal with it at the source of the problem. And its not Mexico. Its in our own country.
Or do you believe that children who are brought here as toddlers from Mexico are genetically inclined to become gangmembers?

Some people need to stop being hypocrites trying to use another gang murder to demonize immigrants who have come here illegally.
I don't believe anyone is trying to "pimp" the tragic murder of this young man. However, the murderer is "illegally" in this country; whether he arrived at 4 or 40. He should not be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration