Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
See - this is the illogic of this argument! Illegals came here WILLINGLY. They allowed themselves to be used as little more than indentured slaves. But the difference is - they were not captured and put on a boat and brought over here and sold - THEY SOLD THEMSELVES INTO SLAVERY.

All they had to do is A. stay in their own country . . . B. turn around and walk back across the border. THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS HERE.

This is not hard!!!
They are not slaves, but America was exploiting them like they were and Americans were reaping the rewards until they spoke out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
You make apologies for illegals the same way muslims make apologies for suicide bombers, "because they are a desperate people." Bleh! These arguments you're making are so typical of the spew from illegals and politically correct, always so full of holes they would be laughable, except it's scary, because we worry you actually believe these lies.

You are properly labeled a propagandist.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
They are not slaves, but America was exploiting them like they were and Americans were reaping the rewards until they spoke out.
Exploiting them? Until they spoke out?

Again - where do you get these ideas? These dudes all knew what was awaiting them when they got here! Just b/c you think $50 a day is exploitation, the illegals have FLOCKED HERE, totally willingly, totally of their own volition, specifically so they could earn $50/day.

Immoral for business owners to do it? Sure! But for God's sake, Mach,no one had the bull whip out beating some illegal, forcing him to step across Arizona's border so Massah Tom could slap chains on him and force him to labor in the fields for free.

Stop and think what you are saying! Illegals came here knowing how much money they would make and that they would be living 20 to an apartment, yet they still chose to come! No one took a cow prod and ran their collective asses across the USA's border.

THINK. You are not even making sense.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-06-2008 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
They were free to leave their supposed exploitation anytime and go home.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:21 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Exploiting them? Until they spoke out?

Again - where do you get these ideas? These dudes all knew what was awaiting them when they got here! Just b/c you think $50 a day is exploitation, the illegals have FLOCKED HERE, totally willingly, totally of their own volition, specifically so they could earn $50/day.

Immoral for business owners to do it? Sure! But for God's sake, Mach,no one had the bull whip out beating some illegal, forcing him to step across Arizona's border so Massah Tom could slap chains on him and force him to labor in the fields for free.

Stop and think what you are saying! Illegals came here knowing how much money they would make and that they would be living 20 to an apartment, yet they still chose to come! No one took a cow prod and ran their collective asses across the USA's border.

THINK. You are not even making sense.
It makes sense to me, I guess you have to be in it to understand it.

It obviously made sense to them, because they marched. But I will agree it doesn't seem to get across to alot of Americans, but some do get it.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
It makes sense to me, I guess you have to be in it to understand it.

It obviously made sense to them, because they marched. But I will agree it doesn't seem to get across to alot of Americans.
MACH: I agree that business owners are heinous and immoral for taking advantage of illegal labor. And I personally feel they are little more than indentured slaves. But the whole point is - no one forced them to come here, and no one is keeping them here.

The unspoken part of what you are writing is that, despite the lousy pay and treatment, illegals (and their families) prefer living in the USA than Mexico and so they want the USA to give them amnesty.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Bluebeard save your history lesson. They are criminals and we don't want them here. Not one of them is doing any good for anybody but themselves and they are a drain on our economy by the extra taxes we have to pay for health, education, law enforcement for just a few. We need to close the border with them on the other side and it would not affect our country at all except for the good.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Really? Your opinion matters to the Chinese government? Mine sure doesn't.
What are you talking about? I'm talking about it matters in the context of American immigration policy.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:47 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
You make apologies for illegals the same way muslims make apologies for suicide bombers, "because they are a desperate people." Bleh! These arguments you're making are so typical of the spew from illegals and politically correct, always so full of holes they would be laughable, except it's scary, because we worry you actually believe these lies.

You are properly labeled a propagandist.
Umm yeah. If you don't like someone, all you havta do is compare them to a terrorist or a Nazi and then they are EVIL!!! Talk about labeling and fear-mongering.
How am I a propagandist? I'm saying my POV, you are saying yours. We are both saying "propoganda" for our respective POVs.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
What are you talking about? I'm talking about it matters in the context of American immigration policy.
The way I read your comment was in reference to your feeling that China should not refuse NK refugees . . . and my point is - China doesn't care what you think and they have the right to deport anyone who crosses their border illegally. The world has to recognize their Sovereignty, even if we disagree w/ their policies. What does that have to do w/ American immigration policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration