Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
The race card issue was brought up in regards to this post but didn't the op begin that when they posted that TX, AZ and CA belonged to Mexico but was stolen? As far as I know and I was raised on the TX, Mexico border it is the only country on that border. It may just be me but based on what the OP is saying I would "assume" they are talking about Mexicans. I don't understand how discussing immigration issues makes it a race issue? After all this is the immigration forum.

You see if you are an illegal alien you are here illegally and that violates immigration law. It really is a black and white issue-you are either here illegally or you are not. There is no gray area. Since the pro-illegal crowd cannot logically argue with that, they throw in the race card to divert the discussion. They figure if they call you a racist for wanting our borders secured and our laws enforced you will give up the fight because no one wants to be known as a "racist" or a "hater". It is not working. Those of us here are of all races/ethncities and we want every illegal gone-regardless of where they came from. We will not let the "race card" scare us into backing down for fighting what is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 11:09 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
This is the real law of the world.The first item to understand in this discussion is that there is only one race – the human race. Caucasians, Africans, Asians, Indians, Arabs, Jews, etc., are not different races. Rather, they are different ethnicities of the human race. All human beings have the same physical characteristics (with minor variations, of course). More importantly, all human being are created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God loves the entire world (John 3:16). Jesus laid down His life for everyone in the entire world (1 John 2:2). The “entire world” obviously includes all ethnicities of humanity.

God does not show partiality or favoritism (Deuteronomy 10:17; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9), and neither should we. James 2:4 describes anyone who shows discrimination as “judges with evil thoughts.” Instead, we are to “love our neighbors as ourselves” (James 2:8). In the Old Testament, God divided humanity into two “racial” groups: Jew and Gentile. God’s intent was for the Jews to be a kingdom of priests, ministering to the Gentile nations. Instead, for the most part, the Jews became proud of their status and despised the Gentiles. Jesus Christ put an end to this, destroying the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14). All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross.

Jesus commands us to love each other as He loves us (John 13:34). If God is impartial, and loves us with impartiality, that means we need to love others with that same high standard. Jesus teaches at the end of Matthew 25 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers, we do to Him. If we treat a person with contempt, we are mistreating a person created in God’s image; we are hurting somebody that God loves and Jesus died for.

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. Brothers and sisters of all ethnicities, this should not be! To victims of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to forgive. Ephesians 4:32 declares, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” No, racists do not deserve your forgiveness, but we deserved God’s forgiveness far less! To perpetrators of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to repent and “present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:13). May Galatians 3:28 be completely realized: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
Don't try to use the Bible to justify illegality.

If you want to toss religion into the mix, why don't you move it on over to the Religion and Philosophy thread.

Just a little FYI?

Not everybody on this board is a Christian. Quoting scripture to enforce your argument is about as meaningful to me as basing all of my life's important decisions on "Goodnight Moon."

Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 AM

638 posts, read 1,849,091 times
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

- - - - -

Illegal Aliens

Foreign workers who are illegal aliens are subject to U.S. taxes in spite of their illegal status. U.S. employers or payers who hire illegal aliens may be subject to various fines, penalties, and sanctions imposed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If such employers or payers choose to hire illegal aliens, the payments made to those aliens are subject to the same tax withholding and reporting obligations that apply to other classes of aliens. Illegal aliens who are nonresident aliens and who receive income from performing independent personal services are subject to 30% withholding unless exempt under some provision of law or a tax treaty. Illegal aliens who are resident aliens and who receive income from performing dependent personal services are subject to the same reporting and withholding obligations which apply to U.S. citizens who receive the same kind of income.

- - - - -

If you are required to file a U. S. Federal income tax return or qualify to be listed on another individual’s tax return as a spouse or dependent, you must have either a valid SSN or an ITIN. If you are an undocumented alien and cannot get a SSN, you must get an ITIN for tax purposes. Remember, having an ITIN does not:
* Give you the right to work in the United States,
* Change your immigration status, or
* Entitle you to the Earned Income Tax Credit or Social Security benefits.

- - - - -

Old 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You still have not explained how you and your hombres are going to run the Federal Reserve if none of you know how to add or subtract.

Your a racist piggie

Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
Your a racist piggie
The key word is 'if'. Why don't you and your reconquista groups focus your energy on encouraging students who are members of your 'community' (whatever it might be) to stay in school, study hard and avoid having kids while in your teens? That would be much more helpful to your community than issuing these aztlan-inspired fatwas about how you are going to take over the US.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,674,322 times
Quote:
Your a racist piggie
Why is someone who is against illegal immigration a racist? I agree that some people opposing illegal immigration are racists, but the majority of people who oppose illegal immigration are likely NOT racists. Do you truly believe that racism is what primarily motivates people's opposition to illegal immigration? I am routinely called "pro-illegal" on this forum and even I don't believe that.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Quote:
Your a racist piggie
You are nothing but a troll and you have been reported for this post. Tsk Tsk, will you illegal loving people never learn?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
There are many many Mexicans in the USA who are worthwhile, honest, hard working, good citizens. I am sure that they are just as frustrated at the lazy, inadequate, chancers who are walking over the Mexican Border with the attitude that America owes them a living. America, like all other countries has been built on Immigration,LEGAL IMMIGRATION, and it is an insult to all legal immigrants that these waste of spaces feel that they do not need to go through the proper Chanel's to live in a foreign country. The second that you either outstay your visa or come into America without authorisation makes you a criminal and they should be evicted from the USA as soon as you are discovered, not only if you commit another crime. Living in a country without going through the proper immigration rules is a crime and no further crime needs to be commited for you to be kicked out. TheMexican immigration rules makes that absolutely clear for anyone entering Mexico and must also apply in the USA. In fact you don't even have to be illegal in Mexico for the authorities to abuse you in Mexico.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Your a racist piggie
Your opening comments are sadly far off balance. True, there may be some illegals who pay taxes, but for the most part they are paid under the table. If you are referring to the taxes we pay on everything we purchase, then you would surely be correct because being here illegally does not exempt you from paying the taxes we encounter everyday with every purchase we make. But that still does not excuse your illegal status(if you are in fact illegal) my friend. I really have no problem with the Mexican people. In a way, we are probably kin somewhere down the line since I am a partial descendant of the Cherokee Indian tribe. But I have had to obey the laws of this land since I was born, and illegals should have to do the same. Just go home and come back the right way. That is all I really ask. Make your contribution count by being a real full fledged citizen. Don't allow your contribution to be dismissed because of your criminal status as an illegal alien. This goes out to all illegals. Just do it the right way and we won't have a problem.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
A bank robber might have an account in the bank he robs that doesn't mean he is entitled to any of the perks non-bank robbing customers get.
More to the point. Illegals cheat every system in the book and yet demand special consideration/treatment. News flash when you cheat you can't expect the same rewards those who don't cheat get. More to the point. They are illegals and deserve nothing but deportation papers. Even more to the point. What they don't get in Social security they more than get in every other service they took advantage of. Free education for their children, often free medical and thats assuming they have not broken other laws like ID theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration