Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,929 times

Advertisements

Living here in Houston not very far from lots and lots of immigrants (legal-Illegal) has made my life a lot easier. I have a 20 year old car and I know several mechanics who may or may not be legal but they are excellent mechanics. They cost me one tenth of what I would have to pay the dealer. I have had other immigrants help me fix my roof, place tile on the first floor of my house, and again it has help me save lots of money. I like my money with me, not to be thrown away by the Gvt. I frequent lots of restaurants and generally a good meal runs me about $10. I do notice that the people washing dishes and doing all kinds of menial work inside are immigrants. If it wasn't for them I would probably be paying $50. If the restaurant employed US citizens they would very likely be be asking for paid vacation, $15 per hour min. and be ready to sue the owner. Life is really good here in Houston. (for me and the immigrants).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
For the record, Obama was elected as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, which is including but not limited to the "Black American community".
President-Elect, he is not President of the United States.

It may yet be proved he is an illegal alien, in which case, we will arrest him. The case is still before the United States Supreme Court.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
Living here in Houston not very far from lots and lots of immigrants (legal-Illegal) has made my life a lot easier. I have a 20 year old car and I know several mechanics who may or may not be legal but they are excellent mechanics. They cost me one tenth of what I would have to pay the dealer. I have had other immigrants help me fix my roof, place tile on the first floor of my house, and again it has help me save lots of money. I like my money with me, not to be thrown away by the Gvt. I frequent lots of restaurants and generally a good meal runs me about $10. I do notice that the people washing dishes and doing all kinds of menial work inside are immigrants. If it wasn't for them I would probably be paying $50. If the restaurant employed US citizens they would very likely be be asking for paid vacation, $15 per hour min. and be ready to sue the owner. Life is really good here in Houston. (for me and the immigrants).
So you have no issue with illegals putting legal citizens out of work. You enjoy those lowball wages. What if the illegals stole the work you do and you found yourself unemployed? Would you still say life is great? Well plenty of americans in many trades have suffered just that fate. Not just the individual who is out of work but their families as well.
I myself would not be proud of myself if I were a facilitaor like yourself.

Last edited by tinman01; 11-05-2008 at 10:30 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
So..your saving money so you feel they should all be rewarded......again?

Unfortunately, we will ALL have to make sacrifices. Some of us have already lost the best of our lives because of illegal immigrants. Before you ask how we know it was the fault of illegals...I'll tell you

My only Son was killed by a hit-n-run, unlicensed, illegal immigrant driving a stolen vehicle. He was caught and released.
Losing a Loved One out weighs any amount of money any one would save because of someone being in this country illegally. Every crime committed by illegals is preventable.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Unfortunately, we will ALL have to make sacrifices. Some of us have already lost the best of our lives because of illegal immigrants. Before you ask how we know it was the fault of illegals...I'll tell you

My only Son was killed by a hit-n-run, unlicensed, illegal immigrant driving a stolen vehicle. He was caught and released.
Losing a Loved One out weighs any amount of money any one would save because of someone being in this country illegally. Every crime committed by illegals is preventable.
Mkfarnam I had no idea. I am sorry for your loss. Words mean little I know but it is from my heart.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Mkfarnam I had no idea. I am sorry for your loss. Words mean little I know but it is from my heart.
Thank You Tinman10, I really do appreciate that.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Quote:
Yeah that's great, just wait till your son or daughter can't find a job in the near future and you have to support them 100% all the way through college. That's a real discount right there.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please do me a favor and stop usinng Black Americans as if we are Obama's only voting constituancy or the only citizens of the US that he will preside over that are affected by the illegal alien invasion.

In light of the fact that the majority of blue collar workers who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens is the White American community, it is inaccurate to continually depict Black Americans as the only people who have been hurt by this invasion.

For the record, Obama was elected as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, which is including but not limited to the "Black American community".
Yes that's very true, but illegal immigration has had a big tole on African-Americans as well. I've talked to too many black people here in Chicago who are fed up with and despise the illegals. Along with job complaints, they are completely cleansing cheaper African-American dominant neighborhoods. Not to mention the gang violence from the illegals that has been dramatically effecting these African-American neighborhoods. I can give you examples if you want. For one, just look at south-central LA.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:56 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If your house has pipes leaking water which pipes do you focus on first?The one that is pouring gallons of water per minute into your basement or the ones that are a slow drip?
Now me I am a simple kind of guy so I'll fix the big leaker first everytime. But if you read any of the posts here we have all called out that all illegals need to be deported. Not just hispanics.
as a plumber, i'd suggest you shut the water off and fix both the leaks. i like the analogy though.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:35 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

My condolences, I am sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration