Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why do you have such bad feelings toward Hispanics? Why do you feel the need to discredit them?

What have you done with your life to feel like you have the right to look down on people?

You should take some Latin American study classes or something rather than smirking at your own opinions as if they are facts.
Simple.

Let your precious illegal aliens from Mexican and other Hispanic lands go back home and build up their own nations.

The USA owes them nothing aside from confinement till their forced repatriation.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Simple.

Let your precious illegal aliens from Mexican and other Hispanic lands go back home and build up their own nations.

The USA owes them nothing aside from confinement till their forced repatriation.
That explains your feelings toward Hispanics?
That didn't sound like an explanation. Sounds like a demand to illegal aliens.

It must be a great feeling to feel high and mighty and to feel like a better human for being lucky enough to be born in the USA, huh?

I'm grateful to be in this country, but I'm also humble about it.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Where are the revolts in those Countries to improve living conditions? Why does the US have to be the outlet?
Quote:
The first major effect of overpopulation in Mexico is unemployment. First of all, there aren't enough sources of jobs in Mexico, so only the most prepared people get a job. This is a great social and economic problem because people who don't work get frustrated and can't support their families.
No economy on the planet can produce enough jobs to keep up with Mexico's massive birth rate. That is why the US is Mexico's outlet.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
That explains your feelings toward Hispanics?
That didn't sound like an explanation. Sounds like a demand to illegal aliens.

It must be a great feeling to feel high and mighty and to feel like a better human for being lucky enough to be born in the USA, huh?

I'm grateful to be in this country, but I'm also humble about it.
You act like Mexico is a communist country and the government is keeping the populace in bondage. Far from it. Mexicans inflict their own poverty by having so many kids. Cuba is far from rich but they didnt exaberate their poverty by promoting large familes. You are a American citizen. Stop defending Mexico. Let them grow up.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
You act like Mexico is a communist country and the government is keeping the populace in bondage. Far from it. Mexicans inflict their own poverty by having so many kids. Cuba is far from rich but they didnt exaberate their poverty by promoting large familes. You are a American citizen. Stop defending Mexico. Let them grow up.
Even Arizona Bear admits the birthrate in Mexico is decreasing. Most of the crap being said about Mexicans and Hispanics on here is just attacks. Hispanophobia. Generalizations. Stereotypes.

Fact is, Mexico is a country with poverty, that is CONNECTED to the United States. Also, the United States has a history of bringing in Mexican workers.
Put China, Russia, even Great Britain in Mexico's place, and you'd see a lot of illegal immigrants coming from those places.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
People in Latin America with Non Spanish last names are overrepresented among the elite class. But among the poor lower class it is very rare to find somebody with an Italian, German, or Japanese last name for example. The overwhelming majority of poor Latin Americans have typical Spanish last names.
In Northern Mexico you'll find quite a few poor people with German last names as well as non-poor due to the large amount of Germans who came to that area (which is the reason why norteno music sounds like polkas and the accordion is so prominent).

And given the immigration history of Argentina and Uruguay many of the poor people in those countries have Italian (and to a lesser extent Slavic) last names just like many of the non-poor.

The Corsican last name "Santoni" is relatively common amongst all classes in Puerto Rico.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
In Northern Mexico you'll find quite a few poor people with German last names as well as non-poor due to the large amount of Germans who came to that area (which is the reason why norteno music sounds like polkas and the accordion is so prominent).

And given the immigration history of Argentina and Uruguay many of the poor people in those countries have Italian (and to a lesser extent Slavic) last names just like many of the non-poor.

The Corsican last name "Santoni" is relatively common amongst all classes in Puerto Rico.
Bottom line:

With the notable exception of Spain itself: why in the hell are all Hispanic nations poor irrespective of their citizens' actual race then?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
Quote:
If there are so many people with German ancestry in Northern Mexico than how come I did not see alot of Mexicans with blond hair and blue eyes when I was in Tijuana. Most of the Nordic looking people that I saw in Tijuana were American tourists and not Mexican locals.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:30 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
If there are so many people with German ancestry in Northern Mexico than how come I did not see alot of Mexicans with blond hair and blue eyes when I was in Tijuana. Most of the Nordic looking people that I saw in Tijuana were American tourists and not Mexican locals.
Tijuana is hardly a reflection of Mexican society. Even most of the 'Mexican locals' in Tijuana aren't Mexican locals.....they're recent immigrants from the rest of Mexico.

A generation ago, many people from Baja California didn't even call themselves "Mexicans"....they'd say "yo soy de Baja".

I know a huge family in my neighborhood whose 'patriarch' passed away about ten years ago (he gave me a job once). HIS Great grandfather had immigrated from Ireland to Baja California in the 1830's. Their Irish surname is fairly common in back-country BC, and though most of these folks don't "look Irish", quite a number of them do.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Tijuana is hardly a reflection of Mexican society. Even most of the 'Mexican locals' in Tijuana aren't Mexican locals.....they're recent immigrants from the rest of Mexico.

A generation ago, many people from Baja California didn't even call themselves "Mexicans"....they'd say "yo soy de Baja".

I know a huge family in my neighborhood whose 'patriarch' passed away about ten years ago (he gave me a job once). HIS Great grandfather had immigrated from Ireland to Baja California in the 1830's. Their Irish surname is fairly common in back-country BC, and though most of these folks don't "look Irish", quite a number of them do.
Funny that you say that: there is a family of Mestizo Hispanics living in Casa Grande, Az with the surname O'dell. Sometimes simply spelled 'Odell'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration