Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Unless they are blond haired illegal aliens, what in the world do blond haired people have to do with the presence of illegal aliens in America. If there is a moot point here, you invented it.

You equate violent criminals with a set of people. This is the point I was making. It's called stereotyping. Maybe you've heard of it.

Child you really need to put that bong down. This is a smiley face. This is a face of disgust/acknowledgment of sarcasm. As for knowing what addicts see, I am inclined to believe you are the expert on that topic, score 1 for you the one/that one guy.

Well, I do have a degree in biopsych so pointing out an addict (as yourself) is quite easy. That was a little mean, but in a way called for. It always make me happy knowing that people are so, well, special in their own right. Special to the point of trying very hard to be scathing, yet lacking the delivery. Sarcastic face has a sideways smile...right? Collectively they are called smilies, right? So a sarcastic smiley is correct. Good try.

Since I have no way of verifying whether you do or not, I'll stick to my original hunch, that you don't. That being said: BTW is an acronym for "By the Way" and I never said it was one word or 3 since it has nothing to do with my post or this discussion. But I digress since it is obvious that you go on tangents for lack of anything significant to bring to the topic of conversation, which BTW is illegal immigration.

(FYI...BTW is not a word) You own words. (tan 2).

Indeed we do waste a lot of money on all of the above. Billions are wasted annually on people who have no right or business being in this country. Here's one of hundreds of sources that confirm that:

Good job!

Just think that $34 million is being spent on illegals in a single hospital. Imagine how many billions America will save once the majority have been removed.

Much of the waste in hospitals is due to administrative and regulatory spending.

The more you talk the more you sound like an illegal alien in fear of deportation. Short and sweet, we are already spending gazillions of dollars annually on illegal aliens and their anchors who receive:welfare, food stamps, educations, free breakfasts and lunches, ESL classes, general healthcare in emergency rooms, courtrooms, judges, lawyers, interpreters, border patrol, social workers, teachers . . . the list is endless. We do agree on one thing it would indeed cost billions to deport millions of illegals which is why attrition through enforcement of the current laws on the books and cutting off all the freebies, ending birthright citizenship, immediately deporting them once they are apprehended, finishing the wall and posting reserve officers would save us billions.
Another one of your tangents. I won't waste time elaborating on the insignificant. Short and sweet, it's a good thing that illegal aliens and their supporters are not running America, if you were I have a feeling we'd be a replica of the 3rd world countries you all hail from.

What? Where do I have that air? Okay...Reserve officers? I'd rather see violent criminals off the street than a person working put away. We spend billions on teachers that teach 3% of the population? A lot of these services are used by the general public. As such, these costs would be there regardless. We have a teacher, doctor, and law enforcement shortage. Not a tangent, since it shows how pple like you tend to well, be you.

Actually I'd rather have a gov't that focuses on essentials rather getting bogged down in some patriotic dogma that breeds wars and waste. Patriotism is good. Once it becomes a religion of the state, it becomes a bad thing. I believe you are right there.

Another tangent . . .I thank God everyday that I don't live anywhere in or near California. While there may be some illegals where I live, they are not tolerated and therefore if they are here they putting on a great American front, English and all.

Why? California is a great place. Has more safe cities than any other state. Very culturally diverse. Has more college grads than most states. Best public university system. And great weather.

The rest of your rant is not even worth quoting or responding to.

Because you don't know the subject. Look, if you're going to accuse people of things, at least know what it is that you are accusing them of. If you don't know the simple aspects of the dopaminergic system or how the THC is a slight agonist to said system...then don't talk about it.

This relates to the larger picture of stop talking about things that you have no knowledge of. Some of your points are valid, but then they are interspersed with things that are off base and over generalized. It shows that your potential intelligence is comprimised with the need to instill fear. Instead of continuing to craft a neat argument, you fall short by resorting to sarcasm (by which the responder replies), fear, emotion, and VERY biased and unreliable sources.

I will say that you seem like a smart person. With that said, either you know your own capabilities in manipulating people to equate violent criminals with illegals...or you yourself have come to that conclusion and hence reiterate that same frame of mind.

Here's another FYI:

FYI is another acronym it means: "for your information". I'm sure you thought it like BTW was a word. Again put down the bong. Hopefully, the next time you go on one of your off topic tangents you will at least be able to distinguish words from acronyms.

Again, quite trying to be witty and actually realize that much of what is posted is essentially like the "Passion of the Christ". It's not helping, but rather goating people to believe that an impending evil is upon us. As for BTW as a word, YOU brought it up. How it relates to me smoking is beyond me. Besides WE use them in the same fashion. So what is your point? Don't throw bricks inside a glass house. You too go on absurd tangents. (Bringing up habits that have no relevance, bringing up BTW...just two examples)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
Illegal aliens effect the U.S. and it's citizens, just by being here. They make Americans feel out of place in their own country, etc.
I think that many try to assimilate here as best they can. The only proof of that I have concerning that is how by 2nd and 3rd generation they become nearly to fully assimilated.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I think that many try to assimilate here as best they can. The only proof of that I have concerning that is how by 2nd and 3rd generation they become nearly to fully assimilated.
Too bad the tax payers are on the hook for the first and most of the second generation Illegals. I constantly think about what I could be doing with all that tax money I toss at the govt to subsidize them. I could donate that money to Americans in need vs importing poverty and being assigned a random list of geographically challenged people to support because they just showed up since they heard it was the best buffet in town....free.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Too bad the tax payers are on the hook for the first and most of the second generation Illegals.
Well, for the second generation a large reason for that is poor schooling and lack of chances to obtain a form of post secondary education.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Well, for the second generation a large reason for that is poor schooling and lack of chances to obtain a form of post secondary education.
Why should I have to pay for that? I didn't invite their Parents here! Their Parents broke at least one law just to get here and then fleeced the tax payers to have their kids. I'm paying for it, am I supposed to embrace that idealogy? I've been taught ethics, how ethical is that? To sneak here, have kids on someone elses dime, have them educated by Joe no name tax payer and I'm supposed to 'smile and wave'. Hell NO. I am so sick of paying for other people's existence I want to puke. I don't mind paying for down trodden Americans but other Countries peasants, while a pitiful situation, are not my problem. If I want to donate money, let me. Quit ripping out my wallet and EXTORTING my money to support these people.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Why should I have to pay for that? I didn't invite their Parents here! Their Parents broke at least one law just to get here and then fleeced the tax payers to have their kids. I'm paying for it, am I supposed to embrace that idealogy? I've been taught ethics, how ethical is that? To sneak here, have kids on someone elses dime, have them educated by Joe no name tax payer and I'm supposed to 'smile and wave'. Hell NO. I am so sick of paying for other people's existence I want to puke. I don't mind paying for down trodden Americans but other Countries peasants, while a pitiful situation, are not my problem. If I want to donate money, let me. Quit ripping out my wallet and EXTORTING my money to support these people.
Should everyone pay for thier parents sins? If these kids succeed, you'd actually save money.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Should everyone pay for thier parents sins? If these kids succeed, you'd actually save money.
1 out of how many? That would be the last stock I'd invest in.

If you put the emotional apron strings aside it doesn't do the US any good letting this continue. Bringing in educated people that are a boon to Society yes, peasants, not so much.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
1 out of how many? That would be the last stock I'd invest in.

If you put the emotional apron strings aside it doesn't do the US any good letting this continue. Bringing in educated people that are a boon to Society yes, peasants, not so much.
No I simply asked a question (no emotion, just a question). You can choose to say yes or no. So should people pay for the sins of their parents?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
No I simply asked a question (no emotion, just a question). You can choose to say yes or no. So should people pay for the sins of their parents?
If said parents were here illegally---------------yes.

Besides: deportation is not exactly 'inhumane'---------other First World (Japan, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, etc.) nations do not have birthright citizenship so why in the hell the USA offer that nonsense?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If said parents were here illegally---------------yes.

Besides: deportation is not exactly 'inhumane'---------other First World (Japan, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, etc.) nations do not have birthright citizenship so why in the hell the USA offer that nonsense?
I guess that's where you and I differ. I don't think anyone should pay for sins they did not do. By virtue of existing laws they are citizens. So with that in mind, why should they pay for their parent's "sin".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration