Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You dont want them in jail costing you money, you dont want them deported to mexico...
Correct. I don't want them in jail; I don't want them deported. I want them not to have come here in the first place; I want the group who will arrive here in 2011, or 2015, not to come here...I want them to stay home. You're a very perceptive reader.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Correct. I don't want them in jail; I don't want them deported. I want them not to have come here in the first place; I want the group who will arrive here in 2011, or 2015, not to come here...I want them to stay home. You're a very perceptive reader.
What would you propose? Since they already are here and we don't have a time machine nor do we live in a fantasy land.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:07 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Aren’t you advocating legalization for illegal aliens? If so, you are also condoning their criminal behavior -- ID theft, fraud, etc. Similar behavior when perpetrated by U.S. citizens results in arrest, prosecution, and incarceration. Why should illegal aliens be absolved?
I never said I was, and even if I was that doesn't automatically assume that I condone ID theft and fraud. That makes about as much sense as saying that anyone who advocates the right to bear arms means they also condone gun-related murders and assaults with a firearm.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Poor man. A horrible way to die. My first thought is that he must have walked through Mexico or was in Mexico. Why don't they help these people and send them back home? We always get the blame, but there was this other country he had to travel through and the Mexicans coming? Again, where is the help from the Mexican side of the fence? They need to get their country together.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Poor man. A horrible way to die. My first thought is that he must have walked through Mexico or was in Mexico. Why don't they help these people and send them back home? We always get the blame, but there was this other country he had to travel through and the Mexicans coming? Again, where is the help from the Mexican side of the fence? They need to get their country together.
Mexico will never get its act together as long as our government doesn't secure our borders and take away any incentives for illegals to come or remain here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. We have become the sponge for their poor. Anyone making excuses for or advocating they remain in our country is aiding and abetting the corruption in both Mexico's and our government which have created this mess.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Mexico will never get its act together as long as our government doesn't secure our borders and take away any incentives for illegals to come or remain here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. We have become their sponge for their poor.
That's really not quite the case. Of course you want it to be, it's not.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Mexico will never get its act together as long as our government doesn't secure our borders and take away any incentives for illegals to come or remain here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. We have become their sponge for their poor.
I don't necessarily agree with that....there are plenty of poor people living in Mexico who have no intention of crossing. A combination of being pro-active and eliminating corruption could lift Mexico out of the 3rd world...eventually.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I don't necessarily agree with that....there are plenty of poor people living in Mexico who have no intention of crossing. A combination of being pro-active and eliminating corruption could lift Mexico out of the 3rd world...eventually.
I believe someone posted a poll in here on that. When Mexicans in Mexico were asked if they wanted to come to the U.S. or would try, 60% said yes and that doesn't even count the millions that are already here illegally. Our government isn't going to try to change the corruption in Mexico because they are in cahoots with them for the cheap labor to continue to flow into our country.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:22 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
No offense but greed has been around since the beginning of time and doubt it will ever be eradicated. Illegals need to go and fight for what they want, in their own country.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Needless to say: Mexico has to step up and do the work. Poverty is no excuse being that Mx is in the top 10th Percentile of nations in GDP----------it has over twice the per capita income of China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration