Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:58 PM

277 posts, read 368,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Legal people are using other people's SS numbers to work? What are you talking about? You said it, not me.

You assume that the taxes they pay in and the money they spend in this country is more than their costs? Got some proof of that?
No...you guys are the ones calling them parasites like they are sucking the blood of the US economy dry. But no one shows proof. It's all rhetoric.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

"Illegal immigrants are paying taxes to Uncle Sam, experts agree. Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it. But the latest figures available indicate it will amount to billions of dollars in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes this year. One rough estimate puts the amount of Social Security taxes alone at around $9 billion per year."
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I posted this about 2 or 3 times...Benicar commented on this before...Maybe this time she'll read it?
And that is what is called BS. Show me hard evidence -- names, amounts, etc. Anyone can estimate whatever they want to support an agenda.

In any case, the cost for incarcerating the thousands of illegal convicts surpasses that amount. Add to that the billions in unpaid hospital bills, the billions in K-12 education, the billions in WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, etc., etc., etc. and the amount dwarfs your figure.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And that is what is called BS. Show me hard evidence -- names, amounts, etc. Anyone can estimate whatever they want to support an agenda.

In any case, the cost for incarcerating the thousands of illegal convicts surpasses that amount. Add to that the billions in unpaid hospital bills, the billions in K-12 education, the billions in WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, etc., etc., etc. and the amount dwarfs your figure.
Where are you getting these figures from? Please show me the way. Because you know we have to disprove the "agenda".

Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:

This came from the IRS. You didn't read the article...again. Well, have fun in the Benicar miniverse...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:

If you are so concerned that these billions of dollars are being wasted on illegals, let's make them legal. There, problem solved. They can all pay taxes and pay their fair share. See, simple solution.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
If you are so concerned that these billions of dollars are being wasted on illegals, let's make them legal. There, problem solved. They can all pay taxes and pay their fair share. See, simple solution.
I have a better idea. Give those jobs to Americans and they will pay the taxes on that income and then they will be able to afford to shop and spend money in our country. Not only is my solution simple but it doesn't reward law breakers for violating our laws and keeps Americans working. In fact the employers would be forced to pay a decent wage then and the taxes withheld would be even higher therefore increasing our tax coffers.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
This came from the IRS. You didn't read the article...again. Well, have fun in the Benicar miniverse...
Would that be the same IRS that erroneously issued millions in refunds to non-citizens? Or, the same IRS that erroneously issued checks to fraudulent first time homebuyers -- including children as young as age 4? Yes, I would definitely consider their data credible.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:26 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:

While we're at it maybe we could empty the prisons and grant all the other criminals amnesty!

I've got an even better idea. Deport them.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
No, that would not solve the problem. How many do you actually believe would even pay taxes? Most illegals are unskilled and uneducated. They would continue to work the low-wage jobs, and continue to pay little into the system. They would also continue to have several children and depend on the taxpayers to support them. We would simply have more added to the welfare rolls.

We need educated and skilled citizens who can contribute to innovation and progress for this country. We don’t need millions of additional people to support. They need to return home and demand improvements in their countries of origin. We owe them nothing, and nothing is what they should get.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have a better idea. Give those jobs to Americans and they will pay the taxes on that income and then they will be able to afford to shop and spend money in our country. Not only is my solution simple but it doesn't reward law breakers for violating our laws and keeps Americans working. In fact the employers would be forced to pay a decent wage then and the taxes withheld would be even higher therefore increasing our tax coffers.
Oh please...those americans are home collecting welfare and unemployment while eating bon bons watching The View and Maury Povich. A decent wage to wash cars, mop floors, work at fast food joints and collect fruits and vegtables. Like I said, you think these people work for LESS than minimum wage which is considered decent by the US congress? No, like I said, all these americans you refer to would rather stay home and collect them checks. Again, we love to play the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration