Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:44 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
I have a question for you. Will you give up YOUR house and YOUR job to them? If you tell me yes I know your lying. If you say no you should be disgusted with yourself. Unless of course you dont work and rely on others to take care of you. In which case you have no business voicing that we are selfish because you have nothing to sacrifice.

Sweety check my location. I'm not in the middle of a small town in Indiana where the only haitians they know are the ones being shown now on TV. I think I have more business than you voicing whatever I feel like voicing in a public forum, especially when most illegal haitians live in the city where I own more than one property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
I am not admonishing this. This is America, and we are the best and largest givers of aid and assistance around the globe. I gave myself 1 hour ago $100.00 to the Red Cross. Did you give?
What makes you THINK other people have not donated. Maybe the answer is my previous post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Get over yourselves and stop this "victim" mentality.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
I'm very proud of my country and pleased with the Obama Administration for taking this step. Haitians staying for the extended period of time can pay taxes and work legally. They don't have to worry about returning to a place where there is famine. Where there is pain, suffering and death in the streets, smell of death in the air.

I don't understand some of the responses I read here. This incident has nothing to do with immigration reform and both will be dealt with separetly. I read about Republica Dominicana, Peru, even Honduras and the surrounding neighbor countries who have all helped in any way they could immigration issues, food, sending medical staff, electricians, etc. When I read some of the responses here it makes me sad. We are not poor. These countries are poor, yet still giving and compassionate. Our Haitian brothers and sisters need us more than ever. Let this bring us together.

Standing ovation to the Obama Administration for this decision! God, I love my country...YES.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Doing so will permit them to stay and work in the U.S. >>

Just where are they supposed to get all these jobs, or are they going to be eligible for unemployment? Just what we need. More people vying for jobds.

I relize they can't be sent back to Haiti now, but they should remain illegal. Just don't deport them at this time. I can almost guarantee you that at the end of the 12-18 months we'll be told "They've put down roots, and have families here, so we can't deport them now." I guess we'd better pray Mexico doen't have an earthquake.
They won't need jobs. Obviously a whole lot of illegals living here now don't have nor especially want jobs. They can live off food stamps, housing subsidies, free health care, WIC and a whole lot more government programs.

Add a few million Haitians to the tens of millions Mexican and Central American impoverished coming here and there will be no problem at all getting votes for huge government and support for more massive handout programs.

Imagine - every time a country has a problem now, all they have to do is get to the USA and the rest of their lives, they are to be taken care of.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm very proud of my country and pleased with the Obama Administration for taking this step. Haitians staying for the extended period of time can pay taxes and work legally. They don't have to worry about returning to a place where there is famine. Where there is pain, suffering and death in the streets, smell of death in the air.

I don't understand some of the responses I read here. This incident has nothing to do with immigration reform and both will be dealt with separetly. I read about Republica Dominicana, Peru, even Honduras and the surrounding neighbor countries who have all helped in any way they could immigration issues, food, sending medical staff, electricians, etc. When I read some of the responses here it makes me sad. We are not poor. These countries are poor, yet still giving and compassionate. Our Haitian brothers and sisters need us more than ever. Let this bring us together.

Standing ovation to the Obama Administration for this decision! God, I love my country...YES.
Which country? How many millions of people is your other country taking in? Will Mexico bring in many Haitians and give them free everything? Keep in mind, just like Cubans and Mexicans, they will never return home.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I am anti-illegal immigration, but realistically you cannot deport people to a country that has just been laid low by a natural disaster where the people already there cannot get access to food or clean drinking water and have little to no facilities for medical care, where in most cities most of the buildings are damaged or destroyed, there is no power, and where the country's main airport is full of airplanes delivering humanitarian relief. It isn't humane. Haiti was so bad before that people there would immigrate illegally to Cuba because Cuba is better.

However, once Haiti gets back on its feet, they need to go back. No question.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 PM

183 posts, read 242,865 times
Considering weve had them here, the ones that werent effected by this, it wont make much of a difference to hold them. however how do you tell them they can stay but when their countries back on its feet you have to go and know for sure they will go? they wont they will stay here thats what they all do. I was mainly talking about them bringing more over here.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
That's just lovely.

Fine, they can all live in Detroit. Free of charge. Give them a hammer and a paintbrush.

I wonder if they will be buying $250 handbags with their EBT cards like the Katrina folks did. Maybe we should let them move in with all the Katrina refugees in Houston. How about it Houston? What do you say. Ready for your crime rate to go up another 500 percent?

Boy the news just keeps getting better every day.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 PM

183 posts, read 242,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That's just lovely.

Fine, they can all live in Detroit. Free of charge. Give them a hammer and a paintbrush.

I wonder if they will be buying $250 handbags with their EBT cards like the Katrina folks did. Maybe we should let them move in with all the Katrina refugees in Houston. How about it Houston? What do you say. Ready for your crime rate to go up another 500 percent?

Boy the news just keeps getting better every day.

20yrsinBranson

I know right? I stopped watching the news. You hear the big issues all the time anyways. Itd be nice to be able to watch it and hear something good for once. Im praying and hoping hard for the day I turn on the news and they say they are deporting all the illegals and then getting rid of the temp visas until we get our country back in order.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
They put El Salvador and some other country on that list in 1999 and 2001. That's an amnesty. Those countries are still on the list today. Almost after 10 years.

Btw. It's VERY easy to tell how many Haitians are here. They can't swim or walk to the US. They have to come by plane or boat. They need to go through immigration check points. That's how they know it. Came here on a tourist visa and never returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration