Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 AM

744 posts, read 1,210,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So are rape and jay walking. Are they the same?
When you take them both down to the lowest common denominator yes they are the same as in a violation of the law. Now you can start and use anything to compare but you have to admit that Illegal immigrants are breaking the law and need to be handled accordingly. If you say that is not the case give me your address so I can move my stuff in and not pay rent since this seems to be OK with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 02:29 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, all men ARE created equal. However, that does not entitle one to enter a country illegally, and violate the laws of that land. There is no inherent right to live in any country one wishes.
You missed my point to soedible, in his post he used words like..." They are the most crafty and sneaky people". My intention was to point out that no mater if someine is here leagally or not to label another group of people is counter to Dr. King's teachings.

I am not arguing rights for any group, even though many posters believe that since the illegal act of crossing the border makes humans a insidious foreign presence...

Basic Human rights and basic human dignity are not forfeited at the border...

I will discuss and an agree with any good, feasible plan to reform immagration laws...but I've yet to any practical plan or even ideas on reform...

Old 01-19-2010, 05:42 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This really bothers me as a proud Black American. I get sick to my stomach when I see people try to compare what black people in the US went through to illegal immigrants. First of all, Mexicans, Guatemalans and other Central Americans give two you-know-whats about black people. Like I've said before, Mexico is a country that openly aires television shows that depict black people as dumb monkeys as comedy skits. In the cities that have large numbers of Mexicans or Central Americans, they aren't in good relations with black people. So, to see these groups try to use Black American history makes me so angry and I need to start doing what I can to make sure that no other group attempts to pimp our history to their advantage.

As far as Jesse Jackson, He would know better than to promote amnesty for millions of people from Mexico and Guatemala. I know he is The Rainbow Coalition, but poor and unskilled illegal immigrants are the main competition with young black people and many black adults for jobs and housing. Any black leader that attempts to promote amnesty for millions of Mexicans and Guatemalans knowing how they take jobs from the LEGAL Black Americans is a fool and should not speak for black people.

It really makes NO SENSE when you think about: illegal immigrants from Mexico and places like Guatemala attempting to piggy back on Black American history and struggle. They are the most crafty and sneaky people.

I'm going to vomit at the next group I see that tries to use my ancestors struggle in the US as legal citizens as their talking points.
I would rep you for that if I could, but I have to spread it around first!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
So are rape and jay walking. Are they the same?
Is the theft of a $1000.00 car the same as $1000.00 in damages due to ID Theft?
How about not paying taxes?
How about driving without a licence or insurance?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Did I say no immigration laws?
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you advocating the disregard of immigration laws? Amensty is nothing but rewarding those who have broken the law and serves as an incentive for others to follow suit.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You missed my point to soedible, in his post he used words like..." They are the most crafty and sneaky people". My intention was to point out that no mater if someine is here leagally or not to label another group of people is counter to Dr. King's teachings.

I am not arguing rights for any group, even though many posters believe that since the illegal act of crossing the border makes humans a insidious foreign presence...

I will discuss and an agree with any good, feasible plan to reform immagration laws...but I've yet to any practical plan or even ideas on reform...
Basic human rights and dignity would mean the assurance of not being rounded up and beaten or killed based on ones immigration status.
That we do.
Conferring special rights would be giving illegals a 'pathway to citizenship' while expecting other immigrants to stay in their home countries, fill out reams of paperwork, pay fines and fees and wait their turn.....for years.

How is that fair or just?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I dont think we can say for sure what he would or would not support.

What I can say is that he wanted equality for all irrespective of skin color. I dont think his work was strictly for the US...it transcended to other nations. People really looked up to him all over the world. I agree that this was globally. After apartheid in S.A., I remember hearing Correta King talk about how she wished her husband would have been alive to witness it.

With that, I am not saying that immigration laws are the same as the civil rights movement but we cannot say that his words of wisdom and philosophy were only limited to US citizens.
Yes, Dr, King championed for all oppressed. However, I cannot be convinced that he would sacrifice the citizens of this country; particularly, the black citizens he fought so hard to help gain equality, simply for the sake of illegal aliens. If he were here, he would hear the countless stories of black Americans being displaced by cheap illegal labor, and he would not condone it.

I also cannot be convinced that he would condone theft or fraud. Nor, would he condone the violent crimes routinely committed by a segment of the illegal population. I believe he would try to help illegal aliens organize to improve conditions in their countries of origin. But, I do not believe he would aid and abet them here. Granted, I cannot speak on his behalf. However, I can speak of the man; and Dr. King would not forsake his own.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Yes, I do believe illegal immigration is insidious. I also believe that illegal aliens are treated humanely. They are treated far better than any black citizen was treated in this country in the past. So, whenever I hear accusations of inhumanity and indignity relative to illegal immigration, I have to laugh.

I really don’t know how much more generous we can be. We pay for their children to receive an education, including ESL classes and free breakfast/lunch. We pay for them to give birth, as well as provide for them and their children once they are born. We treat them free of charge at our hospitals, including translator services. We provide free organ transplants and kidney dialysis. We provide them with subsidized housing, WIC, and welfare. We turn a blind eye to them loitering at Home Depot, and working illegally on construction sites. We absolve them of ID theft if they claim ignorance to using a “real” ID. Some states even issue them driver’s licenses, and offer in-state tuition. We do all of this, in spite of their illegal status. Yet, they show no appreciation, and arrogantly demand more.

So, tell me, how have they been denied basic human rights and dignity?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Most immigrants i know act like blacks are beneath them. question-how many blacks were there in that parade?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This really bothers me as a proud Black American. I get sick to my stomach when I see people try to compare what black people in the US went through to illegal immigrants. First of all, Mexicans, Guatemalans and other Central Americans give two you-know-whats about black people. Like I've said before, Mexico is a country that openly aires television shows that depict black people as dumb monkeys as comedy skits. In the cities that have large numbers of Mexicans or Central Americans, they aren't in good relations with black people. So, to see these groups try to use Black American history makes me so angry and I need to start doing what I can to make sure that no other group attempts to pimp our history to their advantage.

As far as Jesse Jackson, He would know better than to promote amnesty for millions of people from Mexico and Guatemala. I know he is The Rainbow Coalition, but poor and unskilled illegal immigrants are the main competition with young black people and many black adults for jobs and housing. Any black leader that attempts to promote amnesty for millions of Mexicans and Guatemalans knowing how they take jobs from the LEGAL Black Americans is a fool and should not speak for black people.

It really makes NO SENSE when you think about: illegal immigrants from Mexico and places like Guatemala attempting to piggy back on Black American history and struggle. They are the most crafty and sneaky people.

I'm going to vomit at the next group I see that tries to use my ancestors struggle in the US as legal citizens as their talking points.

I agree...Messy Jesse should know better, but then again that's why WE call him Messy to begin with. What in the world is he thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration