Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

social engineering. america needs a service class and did not have one. mexican people have work ethic.
the mistake is that the american middle class think they are landed royalty. they came from the fields and they will go back there soon. they have forgotten the unions they now despise took them out of those fields.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
social engineering. america needs a service class and did not have one. mexican people have work ethic.
the mistake is that the american middle class think they are landed royalty. they came from the fields and they will go back there soon. they have forgotten the unions they now despise took them out of those fields.
We have always had our own low skilled, less educated to fill those types of jobs. No group of people has a corner on the market of good work ethic. There are good and bad in every group.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
1) Historically speaking periods with high RATES of immigration have coincided with periods of great economic prosperity. The 1990's being the most recent example. The lovely 1930's being a period of deportation/low immigration and INCREASING poverty.

2) So can we assume you are a card carrying member of the Sierra Club? You agree with their entire environmental platform or just the part that suits you anti-illegal immigrant bashing stance?

Let's see the US population has been INCREASING over the last 25 years yet the SMOG levels in many of America's big cities (like Los Angeles) has actually IMPROVED.
I may not be a card carrying member of the Sierra Club but I am an environmentalist as we all should be. Uncontrolled illegal immigration is just one of the negative by-products that affects our environment.

So-called economic prosperity isn't everything especially when you weigh the negatives along with it such as uncontrolled population growth and all the demands on our resources, social infrastructures and ariable land space.

There are a lot of things we cannot fix with a population that will probably double, triple and quadruple if this uncontrolled population growth via illegal immigration is allowed to continue. When it reaches those numbers we won't even be able to fix the smog problems. Smog will be the least of our problems.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
So what if the Hispanic population in the US is rising. The Italian American population soared in the early 1900's, the German population in the late 1800's, the Irish population in the late 1800's. Nothing wrong with Latino population rising. Si se puede!!

LOL, that's the surreptitious reason so many are opposed to Hispanics: because they see the White population dwindling.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I nearly died laughing when I read your post.

The following quote is from the "expert" quoted in the article you posted which says that without immigration,

"We would be moving into a situtation like Japan and Europe...where populations are graying in a way that is alarming and endangering even their social secutiry systems." Lewis Goodman

Yeah, I know you'll say you are only againt those darn pesky illegals. Can you at least tell us if you agree with the above quote from Mr. Goodman. IMMIGRATION (at least the LEGAL kind) is GOOD for the UNITED STATES. Do you agree or not?
Did you miss this part?

"The agency estimated there are 41.3 million Hispanics in the U.S. The bureau does not ask about legal status so its numbers are intended to include everyone."

In the report both illegal and legal are being lumped together. All indications are that this Hispanic growth is mostly from the illegal kind.

Yes, I do agree with Goodman that legal immigration is ok as long as it is in controlled numbers. Illegal immigration? Hell no!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

LOL, that's the surreptitious reason so many are opposed to Hispanics: because they see the White population dwindling.
Wrong! As long as they are here legally and are law abiding Americans there is no objection. Would you also find it funny if there were a Chinese invasion of Mexico that would change the demographics, culture and language of that country? Of course you would! Hypocricy rules, doesn't it? How insensitve to laugh about that for any country.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
The hispanic growth comes from natural increase now.
And legal immigration is strong you know, in 2009 the US accepted :
165,000 from Mexico
49,000 from Dominican Republic
39,000 from Cuba
28,000 from Colombia
...etc...
Take those numbers for legal immigration and quadruple them for the number of Hispanics coming here illegally every year and you will see where the real growth from Hispanics is from.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:12 AM

787 posts, read 1,943,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Did you miss this part?

"The agency estimated there are 41.3 million Hispanics in the U.S. The bureau does not ask about legal status so its numbers are intended to include everyone."

1) In the report both illegal and legal are being lumped together. All indications are that this Hispanic growth is mostly from the illegal kind.

2) Yes, I do agree with Goodman that legal immigration is ok as long as it is in controlled numbers. Illegal immigration? Hell no!
1) The article you linked does NOT say that the growth of the Hispanic population is MOSTLY the result of ILLEGAL immigration. You are ABSOLUTELY twisting the article to reach your own erroneous conclusion.

2) Well, Goodman does not say legal immigration is just "ok"....he seems to think it is a VERY positive thing. Given your Polish & Irish background, I am glad you at least think LEGAL immigration is ok. LOL!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:12 AM

364 posts, read 244,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

tha real reason is we dont like ilegal aliens
hispanic irish italien chinese etc
though most ilegal aliens are hispanic
which aint no lie

Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
1) The article you linked does NOT say that the growth of the Hispanic population is MOSTLY the result of ILLEGAL immigration. You are ABSOLUTELY twisting the article to reach your own erroneous conclusion.

2) Well, Goodman does not say legal immigration is just "ok"....he seems to think it is a VERY positive thing. Given your Polish & Irish background, I am glad you at least think LEGAL immigration is ok. LOL!!!
I never said that particular article said that. What I said is most indicators are that most of the Hispanic growth is from illegal immigration (and their anchors I might add). Someone in here just posted the numbers of legal immigrants per year allowed from every Hispanic nation. The number of illegals coming through our southern border every year is triple or quadruple those numbers.

That article as I said didn't even distinguish between legal and illegal. Using the word ok on legal immigrants to me is the same thing as saying it is good. It isn't necessarily VERY postive as you are claiming. My background has nothing to do with it. My ancestors came here when our population was quite small and there were a lot more resources available then. Times change. Get with the program. That is why we have quotas for legal immigration in today's world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration