Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times

Advertisements

I'm curious as to how his country would be afftected if all illegal aliens were to leave at the same time. Using dollars and sense (cents), can someone please give me examples? I seriously would like to know the answer if all were to up and leave at the same time. This is a serious question and knowing so many in here as detail oriented and very up on economics and politics (I am not), I will respect theories as well as proof. Just please be as honest as you can be without a lot of politcal rhetoric or history lessons. I just really want to know.

Thanks.

Last edited by getout; 02-07-2010 at 08:05 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I'm curious as to how his country would be afftected if all illegal aliens were to leave at the same time. Using dollars and sense (cents), can someone please give me examples? I seriously would like to know the answer if all were to up and leave at the same time. This is a serious question and knowing so many in here as detail oriented and very up on economics and politics (I am not), I will respect theories as well as proof. Just please be as honest as you can be without a lot of politcal rhetoric or history lessons. I just really want to know.

Thanks.
In this recession; some (relatively) slight short term pain, but lots of long term gain

The only area we may have a problem is dealing with agriculture. Otherwise: who needs illegal aliens with scads of Americans/green card holders out of work, rhetorically speaking?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:00 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
I think one problem is that no real cost anlysis has been done on the issue.

There is no way to know what benifit vs. cost of them being here. Take the claims of health care costs.

Here's a example. Look up the number of Hospitals closed due to excessive costs due to Illegal alien care. Pick years 2000-2010. Although we hear of closings, I cant find a single hospital since 2000 that has closed due to unembursed alien costs.

I tried to look up the study or source the claim that ..."in 1994, california hospitals had 215 million unembursed cost to delivering 74,000+ babies to illegal aliens."

There was 14 websites carrying this claim, with some refrencing the FAIR publication. I went to FAIR to see their source material. Fair cited a CATO institute policy analysis on SSI..."SSI: The Black Hole of the Welfare State".
Cato cited The LA Times for the section on Immagrants and SSI.

I stoped at the LA Times, When I could not find the quote on 215 mil cost to California Hospital.

We cant make any real and fair analysis of Illegals leaving or if they were a zero gain zero cost to taxpayers without unbias studies.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I think one problem is that no real cost anlysis has been done on the issue.

There is no way to know what benifit vs. cost of them being here. Take the claims of health care costs.

Here's a example. Look up the number of Hospitals closed due to excessive costs due to Illegal alien care. Pick years 2000-2010. Although we hear of closings, I cant find a single hospital since 2000 that has closed due to unembursed alien costs.

I tried to look up the study or source the claim that ..."in 1994, california hospitals had 215 million unembursed cost to delivering 74,000+ babies to illegal aliens."

There was 14 websites carrying this claim, with some refrencing the FAIR publication. I went to FAIR to see their source material. Fair cited a CATO institute policy analysis on SSI..."SSI: The Black Hole of the Welfare State".
Cato cited The LA Times for the section on Immagrants and SSI.

I stoped at the LA Times, When I could not find the quote on 215 mil cost to California Hospital.

We cant make any real and fair analysis of Illegals leaving or if they were a zero gain zero cost to taxpayers without unbias studies.
Not true! There have been many unbiased studies done on costs vs benefits of having millions of illegal aliens in our country and they have been all posted in here before. Most viable sources agree that they are a net negative.

What does any of that really matter in the grand scheme of things anyway? We have immigration laws and they have no right to be here and should be deported.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
For my area:

the gangs will be gone, sooo...
the crime rate will decrease
the streets will be cleaner as the day laborers won't be leaving their garbage on the corners
English will be spoken again
schools will no longer be overcrowded and students will do better as they won't have to cater to
non-English speakers
hospitals will stop going bankrupt
property values will increase
electric, sewer and water systems will no longer be over-strained due to too many people living
in each house

Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 AM

I often hear the argument that if illegal aliens were to be removed, so many businesses would fold. Can anyone show me how that would occur? I am seriously looking for the negatives in the event of reversing this mass influx of illegal aliens by giving a scenario of them leaving all at once.as a worst case.

Businesses?
Housing?
Social Service?
etc..

I agree about the positives of them leaving, yet want to hear the negatives of them leaving. Anyone? Now's the chance for many opposing mass deportation to tell us why? I have read that deportation would cost too much. Compare it to the savings from the drain of them being here. There are many out there on a calculative basis smarter than me so I'm sincerely looking for a valid answer.

Last edited by getout; 02-07-2010 at 11:46 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Things would go back to how they were before the #'s of illegals came in.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,821 times
Well, in the first place, for all of the illegal aliens to have left the country, the majority of the 202 left wing amnesty progressive democrats in Congress resisting all efforts to fight illegal immigration would have had to have been kicked to the curb. That won't happen until Nov.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
I believe all those companies who currently employ illegals would lobby D.C. for 10million visas from SOB.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM

Can't (won't) any of those who keep saying we need illegal immigration, because it helps us, give me a reason...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration