Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

[quote=Clarks;13161498]
Quote:
It amazes me how racist this statement is. Regarding immunizations, it is another travesty to both child and others to not require and track diseases that have been wiped out in this country. Why do you continue to refer to the Health Department? The fact that proof of said immunizations does not seem to be a prerequisite for illegal children to enter school, not where they get them, if they in fact do. I know when mine enrolled, I had better be up to date unless I had good reason to refuse or have lacked administered immunizations. Clarks, so many times I think you are just in here to stir up trouble or get someones goat by acting as someone without too much intelligence regarding these issues. I mean no offence, sincere opinion. Why would you do that to Americans concerned for their country??/QUOTE]

I would love to sit down with you and find out how much you know, it would be interesting.

I referred to the Health Department once, I certainly did not "continue" I referred to them, because in the state I worked in they administered vaccines, as they have done for me on my trips to Africa. Students are not allowed in school without the required vaccines, what ever on Earth would make you think they are?

Why am I here? because the amount of incorrect racist crap spouted on this forum is appalling. If someone does not call you and the others on their ( I will use the term incorrect, instead of the correct term which starts with an l and ends with an s and has four letters).

I run just about everything through the "stink" test, if a statement stinks I will call on it. Now, rather than argue with me, you should listen, everything I say is based on a long life well lived with a great depth and breadth of experience.

Americans have every right to be concerned about their country, but Americans have shown they both want and need the services the illegals supply and all the caterwauling will not change that.

If, illegal immigration was seen as a threat by decision makers, then it would have been dealt with.

Racism is usually practiced by the marginal, racism is usually based on fear, that is, economic fear, that the victimized group is seen as an economic threat to the particular socio ec group.
Racism is also based on the fear of the other, the efforts to paint the President of the United States as a foreigner, as a muslim as the "other" is based on that construct of fear.

The same thing was done to Kennedy, because he was Irish Catholic, the first non British/German/Dutch Protestant President.

If the illegal haters could act in a Christian manner, and remove hatred and discrimination and fear from their thinking, they might get to heaven, if such a thing exists.

I can tell you this, if Christ is who the Bible tells us he is, I know what table he would sit at, and it would not be with the haters.

And Puhleeaasee don't tell me once again that they are "illegal criminals"

If your family was malnourished with no hope of improvement and across a national border was the land of milk and honey, you would go there, and you would work your butt off to send money home to feed your family. You would, and I would, and every person who loves their children would do that.
Poverty is nothing new to these Nations yet the poor still kick out kids they cannot feed. They cannot even properly take care of themselves. This is NOT the American tax payer's problem.

If I have to be forced to raise these people's kid I want to be able to name it.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a sovereign nation, it is our right and obligation to determine the criteria for legal immigration. Some will be accepted, and some will be denied. That’s life.
Exactly, Benicar. These pro-illegal sympathizers think that because we don't need every immigrant that wants to come here and our laws are set to reflect that, that the immigrant should be able to come here anyway.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly, Benicar. These pro-illegal sympathizers think that because we don't need every immigrant that wants to come here and our laws are set to reflect that, that the immigrant should be able to come here anyway.
They also believe us to be of a racist and selfish nature because we can and do pick and choose to add to the greatness of this Nation, not promote it's declination, that was until this latest invasion of illegal aliens.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If all illegal alien children and their parents left the country, we wouldn’t have to worry about them paying taxes. . . . or abusing tax-funded services.

Thank you Benicar, my sentiments exactly! Agree with you very much on this issue.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdzierz View Post
Summary
Revisions to education laws in Texas in 1975 withheld state funds for educating children who had not been legally admitted to the United States and authorized local school districts to deny enrollment to such students. A 5-to-4 majority of the Supreme Court found that this policy was in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment, as illegal immigrant children are people "in any ordinary sense of the term", and therefore had protection from discrimination unless a substantial state interest could be shown to justify it.
The court majority found that the Texas law was "directed against children, and impose[d] its discriminatory burden on the basis of a legal characteristic over which children can have little control" — namely, the fact of their having been brought illegally into the United States by their parents. The majority also observed that denying the children in question a proper education would likely contribute to "the creation and perpetuation of a subclass of illiterates within our boundaries, surely adding to the problems and costs of unemployment, welfare, and crime." The majority refused to accept that any substantial state interest would be served by discrimination on this basis, and it struck down the Texas law.
Texas officials had argued that illegal immigrants were not "within the jurisdiction" of the state and could thus not claim protections under the Fourteenth Amendment. The court majority rejected this claim, finding instead that "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment 'jurisdiction' can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful."
The dissenting minority agreed in principle that it was unwise for illegal alien children to be denied a public education, but the four dissenting justices argued that the Texas law was not so objectionable as to be unconstitutional; that this issue ought to be dealt with through the legislative process; that "[t]he Constitution does not provide a cure for every social ill, nor does it vest judges with a mandate to try to remedy every social problem"; and that the majority was overstepping its bounds by seeking "to do Congress' job for it, compensating for congressional inaction".

This part of Pyler vs Doe is saying something, that is being said even now about a number of issues:

The dissenting minority agreed in principle that it was unwise for illegal alien children to be denied a public education, but the four dissenting justices argued that the Texas law was not so objectionable as to be unconstitutional; that this issue ought to be dealt with through the legislative process; that "[t]he Constitution does not provide a cure for every social ill, nor does it vest judges with a mandate to try to remedy every social problem"; and that the majority was overstepping its bounds by seeking "to do Congress' job for it, compensating for congressional inaction".

As a homeowner and tax payer here in PA, I too do not enjoy paying taxes for non-citizens. It is the elected officials who have to change things in this country. It seems as though once they are elected, they stop listening to the American people.

So true what you say, the buck stops with the elected officials, who seem not to think as we do, about the change we so want for non-citizens of our Country. But do they care!

Old 03-05-2010, 01:19 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
mozdzierz:
Quote:
As a homeowner and tax payer here in PA, I too do not enjoy paying taxes for non-citizens. It is the elected officials who have to change things in this country. It seems as though once they are elected, they stop listening to the American people.
I must add that taxation also affects permanent residents who pay property, income, and sales taxes, temporary visitors who spend money and pay sales taxes, and illegals who pay property, income (including Social Security, which illegals rightfully do not get the privileges to), and sales taxes. Taxes aren't only for the citizens.

As for "elected officials" - the US Supreme Court is not elected, and this is a deliberate setup by the founding fathers, who did not want "mob rule" (uninformed rule by people) - The true ruler of the United States of America is not really the American people, so much as it is the U.S. Constitution.

Quite frankly, Plyler v. Doe is not a public policy matter, because it is highly unlikely that a constitutional amendment reversing it would be passed. Because it is not a feasible matter of public policy, I think it is a waste of time to directly complain about and challenge the fact that illegal immigrant children go to school.

I say directly because anti-illegal immigration activists could advocate for making it more difficult for illegal immigrants to get jobs in their jurisdictions, or for other things that indirectly limit the numbers of illegal immigrant children in school. Honestly I think people should discuss indirect ways to limit kids in school - there's no hassle about having to deal with the Supreme Court ruling that way. If Joe Bob from Whateverland can't get an illegal immigrant job in the USA, it's highly unlikely that his children will go to American schools.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
mozdzierz:

I must add that taxation also affects permanent residents who pay property, income, and sales taxes, temporary visitors who spend money and pay sales taxes, and illegals who pay property, income (including Social Security, which illegals rightfully do not get the privileges to), and sales taxes. Taxes aren't only for the citizens.

As for "elected officials" - the US Supreme Court is not elected, and this is a deliberate setup by the founding fathers, who did not want "mob rule" (uninformed rule by people) - The true ruler of the United States of America is not really the American people, so much as it is the U.S. Constitution.

Quite frankly, Plyler v. Doe is not a public policy matter, because it is highly unlikely that a constitutional amendment reversing it would be passed. Because it is not a feasible matter of public policy, I think it is a waste of time to directly complain about and challenge the fact that illegal immigrant children go to school.

I say directly because anti-illegal immigration activists could advocate for making it more difficult for illegal immigrants to get jobs in their jurisdictions, or for other things that indirectly limit the numbers of illegal immigrant children in school. Honestly I think people should discuss indirect ways to limit kids in school - there's no hassle about having to deal with the Supreme Court ruling that way. If Joe Bob from Whateverland can't get an illegal immigrant job in the USA, it's highly unlikely that his children will go to American schools.
Umm there are millions of them here without income. They are living off of the US tax payers via their "American" children. If spaced out correctly they can have a kid once every 3-5 years and live off govt subsidies.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:49 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
As a curiosity, which sources state the estimated numbers of illegal immigrants who are living off of welfare and contributing no income? Which sources explain the process that you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Umm there are millions of them here without income. They are living off of the US tax payers via their "American" children. If spaced out correctly they can have a kid once every 3-5 years and live off govt subsidies.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
As a curiosity, which sources state the estimated numbers of illegal immigrants who are living off of welfare and contributing no income? Which sources explain the process that you are talking about?
You are kidding aren't you? No school can turn away a child of an Illegal. No ER can turn away a child of an Illegal. An American child of an Illegal qualifies for Govt services based on the quotes given to the agency by the Illegal themselves. They don't have to show a tax return do they, come on. They get fed morning and noon by the schools. Is that not living off of a Govt agency? How much are the Illegals shelling out for this? How much do the Illegals pay to have their kids bused across town? Answer.... nothing. How much does the WIC program get ripped off? Well, they are Americans right? By being born on US soil. Nothing wrong with that right? Dash across the border and it's all fair game. What kind of person does this? What kind of moral compass do these people have?

There are no jobs. Why don't YOU tell us how they are getting by?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S.202 (1982), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States struck down a state statute denying funding for education to children who were illegal immigrants. The Court found that where states limit the rights afforded to people based on their status as aliens, this limitation must be examined under an intermediate scrutiny standard to determine whether it furthers a substantial goal of the State.

The Court believes that its better to have an educated populace of the state regardless if the members are legal or not.

Denying education does not further the goal of the State
Why.....Because this country is run by fools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration