Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,442,158 times

Advertisements

Reality is 12 million people aren't just going to vanish. It's far more advantageous to offer a path to legal residency than it is to waste manpower and untold sums of cash to try and throw them out.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:23 PM

317 posts, read 405,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Delusionalism is another common trait amongst progressives. Reality to them is what they say it is.
Ad hominem attacks, and apparently illiteracy is common among right wingers.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
type INS into google... it will bring you here Immigration services covers more than just deportation.
you are just like the energizer bunny
you just keep going and going....

Not only does that not say INS, it's not even a government web site.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 PM

752 posts, read 1,464,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Reality is 12 million people aren't just going to vanish. It's far more advantageous to offer a path to legal residency than it is to waste manpower and untold sums of cash to try and throw them out.
sure, while your at it...let everyone out of jail...they served enough time, give them all jobs and free goverment services as well

they broke the law
they shouldn't be rewarded
period

Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 PM

OK. Next time you get caught speeding or breaking any law whatsoever, off to jail with you. No tickets, no nothing.

Oh wait, you mean there are varying degrees of the law and not everything is black and white?

Shocking.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
OK. Next time you get caught speeding or breaking any law whatsoever, off to jail with you. No tickets, no nothing.

Oh wait, you mean there are varying degrees of the law and not everything is black and white?

Shocking.
now your making no sense whatsoever...seems like your the one grasping at straws now.
any other country would throw you in jail, deport you or shoot you
crossing the border illegally is a serious offense
your comparing a traffic ticket with entering a nation illegally and sapping up social services that the citizens pay for with hard earned money?
is there something wrong with you or do you really just not get it?
next time an illegal alien needs to go to the emergency room you pay for it out of your pocket.
then let him stay at your house and eat your food.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:40 PM

But we aren't any other country. So how is that relevant?

You're suggesting that someone be fully penalized for nothing more than immigration status. I'm simply suggesting you be fully penalized for nothing more than minor traffic offenses.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
But we aren't any other country. So how is that relevant.

You're suggesting that someone be fully penalized for nothing more than immigration status. I'm simply suggesting you be fully penalized for nothing more than minor traffic offenses.
full penalty for a traffic infraction is a ticket, go ahead...
whats the penalty for unlawfully entering a nation?
deportation? go ahead...
next...
your making this too easy

Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
full penalty for a traffic infraction is a ticket, go ahead...

No, you can be hauled off to jail, actually. They just choose not to.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
No, you can be hauled off to jail, actually. They just choose not to.
I don't know what state you live in...but in ny if I get caught speeding they write a ticket if I have all my legal paperwork they CANT arrest me.
If I have an out tail light it's a fix it ticket
if I don't use my blinker
its a ticket
they cant arrest you for a traffic infraction unless you have no ID and/or no paperwork for the vehicle
your fountain of misinformation is running dry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration