Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times

Advertisements

What a GREAT idea !!! That would put a crimp in most of the female illegals coming here and birthing dozens of babies. I think they're under the impression that the more babies they have on American soil the safer they are from being deported. HA.

Let them come here LEGALLY and have their babies.

They should pass it and make it retroactive about 25 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
We've repealed an Amendment before because it was shortsighted and caused more bad than good. This is another -- I hate to say it because I fear that I'll get called a racist, but laws requiring your grandparents to be citizens in order for you to become a citizen would work very well.
Go for it.

Stop whining, and actually go make this happen.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Natural born citizens are from US citizen parents. You know this. Remember Morse and Vattel.
Neither Morse nor de Vattel were correct.

You know this.

Remember the United States Supreme Court.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So they visit America, have a baby here, and when they try to return home their child is now a foreign born citizen of America? I do believe is specifically was meant to exclude clergy
It depends on the country.

But for most they would be foreign born dual citizens.

And you are absolutely wrong about the clergy.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Sounds like we need to not only amend the constitution but some treaties too.
Go for it.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
repeal the anchor baby provision.
What provision might that be?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I said we need to amend some treaties and the constitution. It should be simple enough, I know that if my wife and I were to be visiting another country for an extended period that i would not want our child to be considered a citizen of a foreign country and not my own.
Under American law, that already could never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha
I would also think another country would not want to be losing citizens, just because their people visited the Grand Canyon and had a child in our hospital. I don't see a problem with what I proposed, we already allow dual citizenship for our citizens born in US military bases in foreign countries.
Then that country can pass a law to take care of that and it would require no treaty nor any change in the US Constitution.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 PM

364 posts, read 244,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So what?

You do realize that there are far more American Citizens on financial aid, welfare and are suffering in education than children and parents who are illegal aliens, right?

You do realize that most children of illegal aliens born in the US are sent back with their parents to their home country; many do not return to the US until well into their adulthood or do not even return at all.

This is nothing more than a strawman argument.

this statement shows exactly the ongoing racist comments through this thread.

You do realize that many of them do not simply come from Mexico right? What about Costa Rica? Nicaragua ? Cuba? chile? Armenian Immgirants? North Koreans? Russians? china?

Immigrants come to America from all over the world; yet all I see in this thread is "$$#%#$% the Mexicans"
ilegal is ilegal
they all need to go away

Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Maryland required a belief of the Christian faith to be naturalized. We should do the same.
disagree
jews wiccans and other are ok
they obey our laws kewl wit me

Old 05-22-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The language is clear and there are no ambiguities. Children born to illegal alliens in the US are citizens, it's cut and dry
law can be changed
no more anchor babys from ilegal aliens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration