Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

So has ADAMS cleaned up thier act, or are they just better at covering things up?

Ahmad Totonji was a chairman of the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), and Deputy Secretary General of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.

Totonji was named as a defendant in a $1 trillion lawsuit filed by more than 600 relatives of people who died in the 9/11 attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So has ADAMS cleaned up thier act, or are they just better at covering things up?

Ahmad Totonji was a chairman of the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), and Deputy Secretary General of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.

Totonji was named as a defendant in a $1 trillion lawsuit filed by more than 600 relatives of people who died in the 9/11 attacks.

He is no longer involved with ADAMS. ADAMS is one of the most moderate mosques in this area. But please add some links giving information about Totonji.

The Imam is a friend of mine as is his family. He has worked tirelessly to reach out to the non Muslim community and has given back to my community in many ways. My community has worked to bridge the gap and to have understanding between the Jews and Muslims and Christians in my community.

Adams uses space in my temple for their Friday prayers.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
He is no longer involved with ADAMS. ADAMS is one of the most moderate mosques in this area. But please add some links giving information about Totonji.

The Imam is a friend of mine as is his family. He has worked tirelessly to reach out to the non Muslim community and has given back to my community in many ways. My community has worked to bridge the gap and to have understanding between the Jews and Muslims and Christians in my community.

Adams uses space in my temple for their Friday prayers.
Well I have gained a new opinion of you. I am very pleased to see this side of you.

Yes, Muslims and non-Muslims can live aside each other. I have seen similar cooperation in Austin Texas. The Mosque I attended most , frequently shared space with a Baptist church and we did work along side the Jewish community to send school supplies and the like to Children in Palestine. I would say the Jewish/Muslim communities were very closely tied to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam